5.0 out of 5 stars very nice with great aroma
I'm using these capsules (pods) in my nespresso machine and they very good, rich in colour yet smooth and gentle espresso. They are very comparable with Nespresso's own gold capsules, maybe slightly darker than the original.

Published 19 months ago by Ajo

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the Nespresso Original capsules
OK, let's face it Nespresso original pods are a bit on the expensive side and like many others I was on the lookout for a cheaper alternative.

I have tried other alternatives in the past and was disappointed and then I came across these, so I ordered them and they arrived promptly through subscribe and save. I have to say though I'm also a bit disappointed by...
Published 7 months ago by Dabbler

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars very nice with great aroma, 18 Dec. 2013
Ajo "ak" (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Cafe Pod Nespresso Compatible Smooth (Pack of 4, Total 40 Pods) (Grocery)

Now, the interesting part here is this: these pods do not get pierced they have tiny holes where the pressurised water is squeezed through. For this to work they are individually packed in tiny little bags - I rather like this idea as when you open the baggy you get this nice coffee aroma coming out (something you do not get with original Nespersso capsules) and let's face it - aroma if integral part of coffee drinking!

I have now started buying Cafe Pods only - especially because I like the opening of the baggy and the nice coffee aroma even before the coffee is made.

Overall very pleasantly surprised with these Nespresso compatible capsules.

4.0 out of 5 stars ... various "nespresso compatible" pods and these have come out best for taste so far, 5 Aug. 2014
Sarah Keeling (Leics, UK) - See all my reviews
We've tried various "nespresso compatible" pods and these have come out best for taste so far. They work perfectly in our Citiz machine and give a good crema. The only downside is that all of the pods are black, regardless of what strength they are so, if you take them out of their individual wrappings to put them in whatever pod holder you have (and let's face it, most people with a machine WILL have some sort of whizzy holder) you can't tell the difference between them. We usually have 3 different strengths on the go at any one time, and have had to resort to "filing" them to try and keep track of which is which.

All in all a good alternative to Nespresso pods, at a cheaper price, without losing too much of the flavour.

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent compatible coffee pod for Nespresso machines., 1 Jan. 2014
D. E. P. Silver (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought these Pods as a gift for a relative of mine, after the ones suppled with the machine had been used up. The original Nespresso Pods had varying flavours but the Cafe Pod Smooth Pods are of one flavour only: an excellent flavour which entirely satisfied both my relative and me. They are also much cheaper than the original Nespresso ones. We can fully recommend the Cafe Pods to those looking for a tasty cup of espresso coffee.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really tasty, 3 Dec. 2013
I was really pleasantly surprised when I tried this coffee. It's is exactly what it says on the box - really smooth. I've also found Nespresso ones quite bitter in the past and this one isn't at all. The capsules fitted perfectly into the machine. Great alternative to Nespresso.

5.0 out of 5 stars very nice, 25 Mar. 2015
JMK (Birmingham, England) - See all my reviews
I have to be honest and say I was not too sure about this purchase but I'm happy to say that having tried my first capsule I am very pleased with it. I will certainly buy this item again and may even try one of the other flavours as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Tasting Coffee, 26 Sept. 2013
Jelly Belly (Portsmouth. UK) - See all my reviews
First time try of a compatible Coffee pod and quite pleased with the result. Would buy again as cheaper than originals.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for long / milky coffees, 24 July 2015
Mr. Warren Cox "Booker Ranks" (Oxfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
After years of paying well over the odds for Nespresso capsules we thought we'd give these a go. I'm pained to say that they aren't quite as good as Nespresso, but the difference vs. the cost is negligible for predominantly milky coffees. Probably stick to Nespresso's for black / short coffees.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Coffee, 27 Feb. 2014
Coffee takes great - main thing. Pods easy to use although hot water does not flow through them that well. Often will re-load the pod and do a second flow. Arrived on time, well packaged. Very good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely coffee and lovely price, 21 Jun. 2015
I was fed up with being ripped off by the machine makers own brand and thought I would try this.....it's great I can only speak for this strength and flavour but I now get a lovely cup of coffee whenever I want at a sensible price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic coffee, 21 Oct. 2014
A. Allan (Cowes, Isle of Wight.) - See all my reviews
No faults with this coffee and tastes divine!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›