5.0 out of 5 stars A Really Full Bodied High Quality Coffee
I can honestly say that this coffee is as good, possibly better, than the leading brand. The packaging is top quality and professional. The pods come in air sealed individual pouches unlike the 'leading brand' that does not. The use by date on my packs is over a year so I know it is very fresh.

I drink coffee black, no sugar. The taste is of these pods: a...
Published 13 months ago by Mr. B. R. Good

2.0 out of 5 stars Capsule doesn't properly fit a Magimix Nespresso
Published 13 months ago by Expert Review

5.0 out of 5 stars A Really Full Bodied High Quality Coffee, 21 Sep 2013
Mr. B. R. Good (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Cafe Pod Nespresso Compatible Ristretto (Pack of 4, Total 40 Pods) (Grocery)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

I drink coffee black, no sugar. The taste is of these pods: a strong and smokey, slightly sweet, chocolaty flavor that has a good kick to it. Perfect morning coffee.

The pods fit my Nespresso machine perfectly (no forcing the lever down) and the result is a coffee that is way better than something in StarCostNero (see what I did there)!

The packaging talks about the location, the regions where the coffee is sourced. I know that this is a company that cares about the origin of the product. I can walk into a high street coffee shop and pay 10 times the price for some generic coffee from some big drum. This however is a pleasure to make/drink.

I like the fact there there are no artificial flavours, no Genetic Engineering and no preservatives.

Great value for money, great product. No worries about freshness, each pod is wrapped and sealed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Smooth coffee - excellent alternative to Nespresso, 10 Oct 2013
Mo "f1mo" (London) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have tried a few other type of compatible Nespresso capsules which have been average and I am still looking for alternative to Nespresso which are as good. I thought I will give these a go and see how good they are. Each capsule is wrapped in its own foil wrapper for freshness. When opening the wrapper there is a lovely fresh smell of coffee.

The capsules are very good in the machine and there seems no problem with the compatibility. The coffee flows well and the pressure on the machine is normal like the original Nespresso pods.

So how is the coffee? The coffee is actually very smooth and aromatic. It is not as strong as the Ristretto by Nespresso, more like a strength 7/8? But what I really like about this coffee is the smoothness. Its less fruity and more mellow. I have tried with both a dash of milk and also straight. With milk the coffee is weakened by some margin, but drink on its own and the coffee is just right. If you are looking for stronger coffee, then this might not be what you are looking for, I quite like this as a casual relaxing coffee and my Nespresso is the one for the morning wake up. So Four out of Five - would have been a full Five if it was full strength.

5.0 out of 5 stars very nice, 27 Oct 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a great coffee. Very strong, rich and intense. I have found it perfect for a weekend morning espresso, but have also used it to make cappucinos on a number of occassions and it works perfectly for those too.

4.0 out of 5 stars The thing about 'compatible' products..., 5 Oct 2013
John R. Wade "john24526" - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The first and most abiding thing I noticed about these pods is they take considerably more effort to insert into the nespresso machine than 'proper' nespresso pods. I'm guessing there is some design registration which stops them just copying the original pods in toto. Still, they work.

The coffee is as described, rich and strong, and a bit bitter. Like me in one respect then. Perfect for a late nighter or morning after. I like it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good and Strong, 25 Oct 2013
Marham - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There are 40 pods in packets of four but as each pod is individually wrapped they can all be put in a container for easy access. The pods fit easily into the Nespresso machine and give a strong expresso or a very acceptable longer drink. While I am not a coffee guru I enjoyed it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value and tasty, 6 Oct 2013
Mrs. M. Stamp "Granma" (Bury St Edmunds UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The first pod that we put into our Nespresso Citiz machine fell straight through into the collection chamber. We realised that the pod is just a fraction thinner and smaller than Nespresso pods and so (in our machine) needs more careful placing into the capsule container and a more gentle push on the lever, and then they are fine.

The pods are individually wrapped and so are rather over-packaged, and none of it except the outer card box is recyclable, which is why we rated this product only 4 stars. Because the capsules are thinner and not as air tight as Nespresso, they need to be individually wrapped to protect them and preserve flavour. The upside of this is the gorgeous aroma when you tear open the individual packets.Very tempting!

The coffee itself compares very favourably with Nespresso's Ristretto. It is full-bodied and chocolatey--not quite as smooth as Nespresso's if you taste them at the same time, but otherwise you probably wouldn't notice the difference, especially in sweetened coffee.

I have always thought that Nespresso is overpriced and wastes a lot of money on unnecessary glossy publications etc so we will certainly be buying more of these at such a good price.
Cafe Pod Nespresso Compatible Ristretto (Pack of 4, Total 40 Pods)

2.0 out of 5 stars Capsule doesn't properly fit a Magimix Nespresso, 2 Oct 2013
The taste of this Ristretto is fine (5-stars) and as good as the Nespresso equivalent. The problem lies with the apparent design and/or the materials used to make the capsules (2-stars). Under compression as the lever of the Magimix is pushed down the capsule distorts. This allows water to seep into the catchment tray and so not inject the required volume of water through the capsule. In addition, the first two seconds following activation there is plain water leaving the spout of the Magimix as it enters the cup. Neither of these problems exist when using the Nespresso pods.

Perhaps this problem is unique to the CafePod/Magimix combination.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely tasting coffee, 31 Oct 2013
RayG - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Having had a Nespresso machine for some time now, and only ever used the official Nespresso capsules, I was really intrigued to see how these 'compatible' capsules stacked up - I was pleasantly surprised! They make lovely smooth coffee, in particular some really nice espressos and they also worked as a slightly longer coffee. The capsules were plastic, and wrapped in individual plastic wrappers too, which I presume is for freshness but does add to the already high packaging waste. Overall though I was impressed by these and would definitely use them again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and Strong, 4 Oct 2013
Nick Huckle "The Sponge" (Somerset, England) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I like my coffee black, full bodied and strong. So I'm happy to say that these Nespresso compatible pods certainly deliver. Its not the smoothest flavour of coffee by any means, but at the same time the taste is in no way bitter. However taste of course is a personal choice. What is important, regardless of taste, is that these non-brand pods work perfectly well in my Nespresso machine. They are also very reasonably priced when compared with the brand's own pods. So if, like me, you like a strong kick in the mornings from your coffee, its well worth giving these a try.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Acceptable Alternative to Nespresso Pods, 4 Oct 2013
Mr. R. J. Wyndham (Suffolk, UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These pods differ from Nespresso in that they are plastic with a plastic perforated film. I.e. they do not need to be punctured in the machine. To keep them fresh each pod is wrapped in an air-tight foil-like bag. These tear easily to get the pod out, which releases a nice smell of coffee! and we had no problems putting them in the machine and making coffee.
They cannot be re-cycled - which is a disadvantage, as we now get our used Nespresso Pods collected and taking away.
The box gives good details on the make-up of the coffee - which includes some Indian Robusta beans, as well as Arabicas from South America and Indonesia. It tasted fine, we make it at espresso rather than ristretto quantities (40ml not 25ml). Our regular coffee for our Nespresso machine is their Indriya pod. It is a matter of taste rather than quality, but we prefer the
Indriya to this Cafepod - but this is a very acceptable coffee.
Would I buy more? They are a bit cheaper, and if I couldn't pick up Nespresso Pods or want to order a large quantity to qualify for free P&P, I would happily get some more of these.