5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant! Very impressed.
Published 5 months ago by Ben

2.0 out of 5 stars Its a bargain for less than £8, But cracked
Its a bargain for less than £8. Already used it and its just fine.

Some others complained it cracked while in use. Although not in the instructions, I have heard that with this type of stones, you must first time gently heat up in oven and let stay at the high heat for one hour. This will toughen up the stone.

Its also easy to stain it and the...
Published 2 months ago by peyman

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Its a bargain for less than £8, But cracked, 19 Sep 2014
This review is from: Leifheit 03160 38 x 33 cm Square Ceramic Pizza Stone, Cream/ White (Kitchen & Home)
Its a bargain for less than £8. Already used it and its just fine.

Its also easy to stain it and the stains will not come off as the tile is porous. So I recommend sealing it with some veg oil before the first heating

-----

Update 14th/Nov

Yes ... and despite all my initial enthusiasm it cracked in the oven. Looks like an issue with this product that eventually they crack. Maybe that's why they are such a "bargain" (not) !!

To give credit, Amazon CS agreed to send me another new one. Lets see how that fairs. I guess much the same.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant! Very impressed., 24 Jun 2014
For the price I paid, I'm amazed at the quality of this thing. It's a good size, nice and thick. It heats up really well and doesn't take long (half an hour as suggested worked great for me). The paddle works great too, and it's all LEIFHEIT branded, so not a cheap knock-off. According to the box it's rated for wood-fired pizza ovens (so 250-300c in an oven should be a breeze) and it has a 3 year warranty!

Most importantly - the quality of my homemade pizzas have improved dramatically. They cook much faster, so the bottom is nice and crispy, but the inside isn't bready or cakey. Really impressed.

Also, to anyone with concerns of it breaking - let it cool naturally in the oven before washing it (with water only), and make sure it is completely dry before heating it in the oven.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rectangle Pizza Stone, 3 May 2014
I got this one because my home make pizza is all sorts of shapes but never round, it comes with a paddle which is very handy for getting the pizza/breads in and out of the oven (takes a little practice) - it helps cook the dough very fast so (depending on thickness) you can end up with a very nicely cooked pizza in about 8mins but. You do need to pre heat the stone for about 30mins on a high heat.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke after 2 uses, 17 Jun 2014
Product seemed fine and was cheap, but cracked in half whilst in the oven at 250 degrees on it's 2nd use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good size stone, 3 Nov 2014
Good size stone. Make sure you heat it up for at least the recommended half hour, so that the pizza cooks quickly.The pizza board is very handy to make the pizza on (with lots of flour under it to facilitate its removal) and then 'flick' it in the oven and also to remove the pizza when it is cooked. Good product for a good prize.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cracked after 10 uses! Not reasonable in my opinion, 21 Nov 2014
I was initially delighted with this product and it really made a difference to my homemade pizzas but after about 10 uses it cracked in half so I'm really disappointed. Unfortunately I'm not able to request a refund but I really feel it's not good enough, I thought it was reasonable to expect a few years use at least!

4.0 out of 5 stars go to a quarry, 28 Aug 2014
Was working prity well intill I broke it during cleaning. The stone was cold during cleaning I guess I was a bit to heavy handed with it. Haven't bothered to replace this, just went to my local quarry and got to peaces of granit an inch thick, cut to my oven shelf size for £10

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 1 Oct 2014
Love it brilliant for the price. Heats up great. Awesome for cooking oven chips on and heating pastry. If you buy part baked rolls this is fantastic

It has transformed my pizzas from soggy to crip bases where you can pick up the you slice and it looks amazing

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely pizza, 8 Nov 2014
My pizza have improved greatly, I however are still mastering the art of getting the pizza of the tray onto the stone. I have also baked bread on it, nice crispy base. Such good value, my sister is getting one for Xmas.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not fit for purpose, 10 Nov 2014
Sabine Holland (Warwickshire) - See all my reviews
My pizza stone cracked during the first use despite me following the instruction to a T. I can only guess that the thickness of the stone is not sufficient to withstand high oven temperatures- it is only 8mm thick.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Leifheit 03160 38 x 33 cm Square Ceramic Pizza Stone, Cream/ White
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available