5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely story
This I did enjoy. A well put together story looking at, and building on, one of the more minor characters from Pride and Prejudice. A good read.
Published 16 months ago by michaela ridge

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, but rushed at the end.
Published 8 months ago by Karen Mitchell

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, but rushed at the end., 9 April 2014
This review is from: Pride and Prejudice: Kitty's Story (Kindle Edition)
An enjoyable story, where we get to learn something of Kitty's thoughts and feelings about life and love. We see how she, along with her younger sisters, is just as silly as their father describes them, but we also see another side to her, as we watch how she starts to mature and grow into a lovely young lady who realises the folly of her ways and how influenced she was by the unruly Lydia when they were at Longbourn.

The last couple of chapters were far too rushed which spoiled the book in a way. I only hope that the author writes a sequel, starting at the Ball and taking us through that evening again, slowly, and on towards the life Kitty decides upon.

On the whole, the book is written quite well and keeps us up to date with the original P&P characters.

I would have given it 5 stars but for the following

1. irritating Americanisms, I was ready to scream towards the end of the book, dreading to find any more use of the word 'gotten'.

2. In Kitty's description of Pemberley "....pictures I have seen of ancient Grecian structures, a building style I knew the game popular in the last century." What???

3. A reference to Longhorn instead of Longbourn.

I won't add more, because it really is a lovely story, and I don't want to spoil it for would be readers, but a note to the author for future books......A proofreader is a MUST!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely story, 29 Aug 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 Sep 2014
This review is from: Pride and Prejudice: Kitty's Story (Kindle Edition)
Very in keeping with the original Jane Austen story.

Pride and Prejudice: Kitty's Story