Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 26 June 2012
As a Depeche Mode and Soulsavers fan, I am in a musical heaven. With the refined voice of Mr Gahan and the ballad types of songs on the album, it marries very well and I would class this as easy listening (IMO). I first came across the Soulsavers as the support to Depeche Mode and was blown away by the live set. I am not going to dissect the album in to tracks and explain the best and worst etc. as my opinions don't necessarily mean anything to anyone else, but as an album it works very well and if you like Dave Gahan and or the Soulsavers it is a must to purchase.
on 11 September 2012
I am a fan of Dave's work with Depeche and his solo work so was very interested in this. I played a couple of tracks on youtube and ordered this album straight away. Every track is sung with such conviction and some of the music is so emotional it really pulls at your heart strings.
Pour yourself a drink, turn off the lights and your phone and plug yourself into some headphones and relax and enjoy.
For me the album of the year.....by a very large margin. Superb!
on 29 August 2014
Superb CD if u like depeche mode this is a must have cd
on 4 January 2016
Bought for my husband and he is enjoying it
on 18 June 2013
This album is fantastic, the music is haunting and powerful and with Dave Gahan's vocals it just works so well. As a massive fan of DM I had a passing interest but didn't expect much. Seriously impressed!
on 21 November 2012
This was more of a slow burner,which i think is sometimes a good thing.Dave Gahan sounds amazing and i LOVE this album.Go buy it.
on 10 June 2012
Sorry to say that despite having everything Dave Gahan and Depeche Mode have ever done (and quite a lot of the remixes) and being a huge fan, I really dont like this album at all. Depeche Mode it is not and its quite different from his solo material. I found it just dull to listen to and I personally felt like the music and his singing just didn't go together. The music was good, but it felt to me that it just didnt match Dave's singing.

Possibly listening more times to it (I've listened 4 times so far) will make me see what the other reviewers are, but to me Dave sounds bored on the tracks and like he is just getting it out of the way. I really wanted to like it as I love everything that Dave does normally and I was really excited by this album when I saw it, but it just - currently - does nothing at all for me. And no, I'm not a narrow minded Depeche Mode fan. As I said, I've got all his solo stuff and Martin's and have loved them. I actually thought Paper Monsters and Hourglass were some of the best work he's done... but each to their own I guess.

Good to hear DM are currently recording another album and will be touring again. Cant wait.

Update: I've listened to this more since my review above, to see if it would grow on me and I sadly stick with my review. This CD is - to me - just really dull and depressing to listen to.
on 14 June 2012
Have to admit to having some concerns about purchasing this cd, even though the press releases had been fairly positive.
Soulsavers produce some excellent music here, but try as I might, I find that Dave Gahan is almost on repeat mode on certain tracks. Another guest lead vocalist ( or 2 ) might have benefited the end product.
on 3 June 2012
I bought the CD after listening to the album on Spotify - I must admit I had my concerns because it didn't sound particularly good on a spotify either. I was hoping that the CD would be better. I was wrong. While the music is excellent this recording is marked down because of lousy mastering/ production values. Poor sound quality, thin harsh treble due to loud ear bleeding compression. When will the record companies realise that dynamic range and quality production matters to the music lover.

Don't get me started on Coldplays latest album. Mastered for ITunes, should read Music massacred for ITunes...
44 comments|One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 December 2012
Great album, if you are a fan of s/savers anyway but appreciate D/Mode or any of Mr Gahan's solo stuff then please buy this album, it works, all tunes are brilliant and the marriage of Mr Gahans vocals to the S/savers sound is subliminal, I own the "Broken" album which is a good album but I do think this one is the better of the 2 for some reason, it just seems to flow nicely and every tune melts into the next effortlessly leading to an almost concept type album. if you have a few issues in your life or just need a good think I could think of no better companion through that journey...