5.0 out of 5 stars Intense
This was different from Elizabeth Reyes other books. It was much more intense and I loved it. My favourite of this series was Noah, I loved that too but I think this book beats it.
Published 13 months ago by Lizzie

3.0 out of 5 stars Avid Reader
I've loved the 5th Street Series and eagerly awaited the release of Abel but sadly found it lacking the immediate appeal the other novels in the series have had. Still an ok read but nothing gripping about it. Was disappointed :(
Published 12 months ago by Avid reader

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Intense, 14 Aug 2013
This review is from: Abel (5th Street #4) (Kindle Edition)
Nellie is Noah's wife's gentle friend, she's been through a really bad divorce and is getting back on track. She's always liked Abel, even though he's younger than her, and on a cruise with all their friends, offers him a role as her f*** buddy. He grabs the chance, he likes her too and the story moves on from there while he gets ready to contend for a major boxing title in Vegas.
This is a fabulous read for YA and older due to sexual situations. I can't wait to read Felix's story.

4.0 out of 5 stars Abelicious!!!, 16 Sep 2014
This review is from: Abel (5th Street #4) (Kindle Edition)
A gorgeous, tough fighter with a tender heart who fights the biggest battle of his life to win the love and trust of a fragile and broken woman.

Abel is preparing for a title fight and doesn't need anything to distract him from his goal. Nellie is Roni's friend and the one woman who is off-limits to Abel. After spending time together on a cruise, that soon changes as the two commit themselves to a relationship without ties but with all of the benefits.

Assuming the casual, no ties relationship is what they each want, Nellie and Noah believe they accept and live the lie that they have created for themselves.

Time moves on and Nellie and Abel become closer to each other but still openly denying their mutual attraction, create more problems for themselves.

Nellie believes Roni is right and that she should start dating and move on from her ex-husband's confidence crushing treatment of her and, assuming that's not a problem for Abel, she agrees to go on a date with an attractive colleague.

Abel is beyond upset when he finds out Nellie is going on a date but assuming that it's Nellie's choice, stands back and watches as his life starts to unravel.

Nellie's date doesn't exactly go to plan though and her actions end up causing Abel significant pre-fight anxiety and a near catastrophe for herself.

This was another amazing book in the 5th Street series and another character pairing which is perfect. My only criticism of these books is that at times they are a bit too wordy in between dialogue but despite that, the story is thoroughly enjoyable especially the gorgeous Abel!

I am really looking forward to Felix though and to see where his story takes him. I wonder if it will involve a certain someone's sister? Or, maybe I'll be proven wrong!

Reviewed on behalf of Jezabell Girl & Friends...

4.0 out of 5 stars Love this author!, 13 Aug 2013
Laura (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Abel (5th Street #4) (Kindle Edition)
I love Elizabeth Reyes' writing. Her stories flow nicely and I never want to put my kindle down when reading.

I have waited a long time to read Abel and Nellie's story. In the previous books there was definitely some chemistry between them. I really liked their story but part of me just wanted a little bit more. Firstly there is a lot more sex in this story than the other books but the sex scenes are tame. The reason the book has more sex is because Abel and Nellie have struck up an 'arrangement'. They will be 'f-buddies'. Neither wants a relationship and after all that Nellie has been through with her ex husband and him getting her sister pregnant, she finally wants to live a little and be 'free'.

Neither Abel or Nellie realised they would soon develop strong feelings for one another. Whilst I believed in their love, I just felt we didn't get enough dialogue between them both. It was more they met up for sex and did little talking or sharing of feelings. I couldn't see when they really got to know one another? Yes they have known each other a while now because Nellie's friend Roni is with Abel's friend Noah (their story was the first in the 5th Street Series) but I wanted more interaction between them. Both Noah and Roni are worried as to how Abel and Nellie's 'arrangement' will work? They don't want either to get hurt and cause problems for their group of friends in the future.

In this book Nellie is 29 (approaching 30) and Abel is 22. I felt although Nellie is nearly 30 Reyes wrote her more like a character from one of her YA books. The only time Nellie seemed more mature is when she was in her work environment. When Nellie believes Abel might be sleeping with other girls, I thought she acted quite immature for someone who had already being married to someone who was unfaithful. The fact she believes Abel is sleeping with other girls and her at the same time but that she doesn't confront him didn't ring true.

For all that Nellie has been through with her ex I found her a bit naive especially when it came to the storyline involving Sam. This part of the story I found entirely too predictable. I would have preferred a different scenario. I suppose the author couldn't make the angst about their age difference as she had done that with 'Noah' but it was barely mentioned. I also felt something that happens near the end of the book was sort of glossed over. We didn't get to read of their shock at how that had happened.

However, I did like both Nellie and Abel. When Abel falls for Nellie he really falls for her. He said some sweet things to her, I just wanted more of that. More conversations and heart to hearts. All the characters from the previous books feature and Felix will be getting his story next - I look forward to that one! I still really liked this story and as I say, I love this authors writing style. I was just a tad disappointed that it wasn't a 5 star read for me like the previous 3 books in this series but it is well worth a read and I'm sure many a reader will fall for Abel!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 14 Aug 2013
This review is from: Abel (5th Street #4) (Kindle Edition)
I really liked this series of books seeing each one get their own story I have enjoyed them all they have been a fantastic read but I think this one has been my favourite so far can't wait to read more I also have read her other series of book like the Monero brothers and they were all fantastic as well

5.0 out of 5 stars wow, 19 Feb 2014
This review is from: Abel (5th Street #4) (Kindle Edition)
i just love this series it gets better and better , couldn't put it down , really lookin forward to abel story next . a must read :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 20 Nov 2013
This review is from: Abel (5th Street #4) (Kindle Edition)
I've read all these books in this series & even though this wasn't my favourite I still throughly enjoyed. Love reading Elizabeth Reyes books & will be on the lookout for more.

5.0 out of 5 stars COULDN'T PUT IT DOWN, 23 Sep 2013
This review is from: Abel (5th Street #4) (Kindle Edition)
I've read the other three in the series and have to agree with the other reviews that this is the best so far, I couldn't stop reading page after page. I would recommend that you read Noah, Gio and Hector first just so you can get idea of the background of Able and Nellie, but I think you could also read as a stand alone book. This book defiantly deserved 5 stars if not more, can't wait for the next book 😊

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!, 13 Aug 2013
This review is from: Abel (5th Street #4) (Kindle Edition)
WOW! I have been waiting for this book for what felt like forever and it didn't disappoint! Each book Elizabeth Reyes writes just gets better and better.

The fact we knew the characters from other 5th Street books made it easy to identify with them as soon as the story began. The book made me smile, sigh, gasp at times and even made my heart race everything you could ask for from an exciting novel! It was compelling reading that I couldn't put down, always left at each chapter wanting to know what would happened next.

An exciting love story that I would 100% recommend to any reader.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, 14 Aug 2013
This review is from: Abel (5th Street #4) (Kindle Edition)
Have to say I have enjoyed all of Elizabeth Reyes books and this one was another brilliant book and I can't wait for more and more to come

You have to buy this you will enjoy it :)

Love love

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Brilliant, 15 Aug 2013
This review is from: Abel (5th Street #4) (Kindle Edition)
This book was brilliant and well worth the wait, Loved everyone of Elizabeth Reyes books and reading abel just made me love her as an author even more......the story line in abel was brilliant and I have to admit a unexpected ending......you do click on to a few thing but you still dont expect the ending you get.......looking forward to felix's book, breaking brandon book, and let not forget lorenzos book :) looking forward to many more books in the future........Congratulations to Elizabeth Reyes on another AMAZING book!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›