Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.80

on 14 August 2013
This was different from Elizabeth Reyes other books. It was much more intense and I loved it. My favourite of this series was Noah, I loved that too but I think this book beats it.
Nellie is Noah's wife's gentle friend, she's been through a really bad divorce and is getting back on track. She's always liked Abel, even though he's younger than her, and on a cruise with all their friends, offers him a role as her f*** buddy. He grabs the chance, he likes her too and the story moves on from there while he gets ready to contend for a major boxing title in Vegas.
This is a fabulous read for YA and older due to sexual situations. I can't wait to read Felix's story.
on 14 August 2013
I really liked this series of books seeing each one get their own story I have enjoyed them all they have been a fantastic read but I think this one has been my favourite so far can't wait to read more I also have read her other series of book like the Monero brothers and they were all fantastic as well
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 13 August 2013
I love Elizabeth Reyes' writing. Her stories flow nicely and I never want to put my kindle down when reading.

I have waited a long time to read Abel and Nellie's story. In the previous books there was definitely some chemistry between them. I really liked their story but part of me just wanted a little bit more. Firstly there is a lot more sex in this story than the other books but the sex scenes are tame. The reason the book has more sex is because Abel and Nellie have struck up an 'arrangement'. They will be 'f-buddies'. Neither wants a relationship and after all that Nellie has been through with her ex husband and him getting her sister pregnant, she finally wants to live a little and be 'free'.

Neither Abel or Nellie realised they would soon develop strong feelings for one another. Whilst I believed in their love, I just felt we didn't get enough dialogue between them both. It was more they met up for sex and did little talking or sharing of feelings. I couldn't see when they really got to know one another? Yes they have known each other a while now because Nellie's friend Roni is with Abel's friend Noah (their story was the first in the 5th Street Series) but I wanted more interaction between them. Both Noah and Roni are worried as to how Abel and Nellie's 'arrangement' will work? They don't want either to get hurt and cause problems for their group of friends in the future.

In this book Nellie is 29 (approaching 30) and Abel is 22. I felt although Nellie is nearly 30 Reyes wrote her more like a character from one of her YA books. The only time Nellie seemed more mature is when she was in her work environment. When Nellie believes Abel might be sleeping with other girls, I thought she acted quite immature for someone who had already being married to someone who was unfaithful. The fact she believes Abel is sleeping with other girls and her at the same time but that she doesn't confront him didn't ring true.

For all that Nellie has been through with her ex I found her a bit naive especially when it came to the storyline involving Sam. This part of the story I found entirely too predictable. I would have preferred a different scenario. I suppose the author couldn't make the angst about their age difference as she had done that with 'Noah' but it was barely mentioned. I also felt something that happens near the end of the book was sort of glossed over. We didn't get to read of their shock at how that had happened.

However, I did like both Nellie and Abel. When Abel falls for Nellie he really falls for her. He said some sweet things to her, I just wanted more of that. More conversations and heart to hearts. All the characters from the previous books feature and Felix will be getting his story next - I look forward to that one! I still really liked this story and as I say, I love this authors writing style. I was just a tad disappointed that it wasn't a 5 star read for me like the previous 3 books in this series but it is well worth a read and I'm sure many a reader will fall for Abel!
on 14 November 2014
OMG... WOW.. Abel is definatly the most intense character and one of my favorites. Hes a big brooding badass and tries not to show any emotions. He has a crush he wont admit to anyone because Nellie is his best friends wife's best friend so he cant do anything over the sexual tension that's been mounting. Not only beacause of how it could come between friendships but she 8 years older. Nellie however has had it rough with a nasty divorce and afraid to put her heart on the line again after being so badly betrayed. She wants to get her life back on track and live her life for her. The growing sexual tension between her and Abel who is 8 years younger is mounting.. going away on a cruise they give in but agree its just sex and for a few days at most. Life isn't always as you plan it.. fantastic. Love love love this series.
on 2 November 2014
I really enjoyed this story, possibly my favourite in the series so far. The situations the characters find themselves in are more mature than in previous books, but I think this is just natural progression based on who the characters really are. The story has enough twists and turns to keep the reader interested and it really has the sweetest ending. Fans of Elizabeth Reyes and the 5th Street series won't be disappointed
on 23 September 2013
I've read the other three in the series and have to agree with the other reviews that this is the best so far, I couldn't stop reading page after page. I would recommend that you read Noah, Gio and Hector first just so you can get idea of the background of Able and Nellie, but I think you could also read as a stand alone book. This book defiantly deserved 5 stars if not more, can't wait for the next book 😊
on 4 September 2015
I have to say that this book is my favourite from the 5th street series. I loved getting to read the story between Abel and Nellie and how their relationship turned out. Very good read, would recommend it to friends
on 20 November 2013
I've read all these books in this series & even though this wasn't my favourite I still throughly enjoyed. Love reading Elizabeth Reyes books & will be on the lookout for more.
on 13 August 2013
WOW! I have been waiting for this book for what felt like forever and it didn't disappoint! Each book Elizabeth Reyes writes just gets better and better.

The fact we knew the characters from other 5th Street books made it easy to identify with them as soon as the story began. The book made me smile, sigh, gasp at times and even made my heart race everything you could ask for from an exciting novel! It was compelling reading that I couldn't put down, always left at each chapter wanting to know what would happened next.

An exciting love story that I would 100% recommend to any reader.
on 19 February 2014
i just love this series it gets better and better , couldn't put it down , really lookin forward to abel story next . a must read :)