Format: Audio CD|Change

on 12 October 2013
Absolutely brilliant - 12 Stops' grown up brother. Having struggled to successfully follow up their debut - Join With Us too messy in places, Together We Are made too polished - this is a welcome return. A triumph. The piano on Fall like Rain is a wonderful bit of musical imagery. Other standout tracks are Gloves are Off, Blue Murder and I Just Do - which has a wonderful dramatic build. Not a duff track on the main CD. And its so good that I won't mark it down for the bonus disc - in fairness, it does say its 'outtakes' but I didn't realise quite how rough and unproduced they would sound. Not worth the extra cash! So - buy the very marvelous single CD.
on 4 December 2013
After a (too) long break the lads are back with their own blend of sounds and emotive lyrics. More hard edged than before, but another great album indeed. I bought the deluxe version, which has a bonus CD of studio "jamming" etc, which doesn't cut it for me. Actually switched it off mid play. I wouldn't suggested getting the deluxe version. That said the main album is TOPS!
on 8 October 2013
This is a welcome return by The Feeling to their pop oriented sound which was so successful on their debut album Twelve Stops And Home. They've never quite produced an album as consistent as their first in my opinion. Join With Us had some great tracks but a lot of filler on there. Together We Were Made contained some very good singles but the change to a more dance driven sound was misguided. With that record, it almost seemed like The Feeling were trying to reach a different audience but by doing so, somewhat lost the very essence of what made them a great band in the first place. Their fourth studio album, The Boy Cried Wolf brings the piano to the fore a bit more and is a better album because of it. Standout tracks are Blue Murder, Rescue, The Gloves Are Off and I Just Do. There's hints of Supertramp, ELO and Queen with their keyboard driven songs, guitar solos and memorable choruses. The closing song I Just Do is reminiscent of Pink Floyd in places. Overall I think this is a great album which has grown on me with repeated listens. Would definitely recommend for anyone who likes proper pop/rock music.
on 4 November 2013
Took a few plays from start to finish of The Feeling's new album to really appreciate it. Whilst not as commercial as their first two albums, there are still some clever, catchy songs which deserve to be radio hits. These boys deserve continued success.
on 16 November 2013
This review is for the boxset edition. It contains 2 CDs, 1 DVD and 1 LP, in a really beautiful package.
It has a full songbook, but only a few pictures. As for the CDs, while the album is really good, the second CD doesn't add much to it, as someone previously reviewed. Can't tell anything about the LP, because I don't own the proper equipment to play it. But what I liked most was the DVD. It's quite short, one acoustic session, one acoustic perfomance filmed in the desert and a few films. The acoustic session is really great and worth the extra price. Here's the full content for the DVD:

Off the Lead at the Doghouse:

- Anchor (Fan filmed)
- Album teaser*

Acoustic from the desert
- Blue Murder

*Available in the band's official Youtube channel
review image review image review image review image review image
on 14 October 2013
This album from The Feeling is a brilliant return to form after a few listens it's instantly become a classic. Timeless melodies and sublime vocals
on 24 October 2013
Listen to this 2 to 3 times and you will grow to love it. It is a beautiful album with heart felt and at times, heart wrenching lyrics.
on 6 November 2013
I was really disappointed with the 3rd album, but the boys are back on form with this one. A Lost Home and Hides in Your Heart are absolutely beautiful. The rest of the album isn't bad either!
on 11 October 2013
12 Stops from Home was a fantastic album. A classic in my opinion. This shouldn't mean that every future `Feeling' album should be compared to it.

The Boy who cried Wolf is very good CD in its own right. It's a much more sombre affair that relies heavily on melancholic piano and emotional vocals, but somehow manages to enrich their identity. This is definitely worth investing in.
on 22 December 2013
The album is good but they have taken a slightly different direction from their first two albums (I never got to hear their third album). The songs seem less well defined and somehow 'fuzzy' compared to their earlier compositions. What I loved about their first two albums was their clarity of composition - the instruments were clearly defined and the rhythm and colour of the sound whilst being clearly 'pop' was top notch (reminiscent of the Beatles). This offering takes a different approach and whilst it is pleasing to the ear, it doesn't have the vibrancy I have come to expect from The Feeling. The guys in the band will probably disagree as I know they were pleased that the label didn't ask for any changes to the songs on the album so presumably, this is the sound they were looking for. If this had been the first exposure I'd had to their music, I wouldn't have sought out any of their other material. Overall, it's a good album and the guys are clearly talented but I do prefer their earlier sound.