4.0 out of 5 stars Curate's Egg - good in parts
Recipes clear and well presented. But there are some 'obvious' dishes that appear in most cookbooks. And there are rather too many unusual ingredients for the home Cook.
Published 15 months ago by AlanCLondon

3.0 out of 5 stars Exciting recipes but where do I find the ingredients?
While a delightfully produced book full of enticing recipes the ingredients of midst of these recipes seem to me to be extremely difficult to source certainly in the north of England where I live. I wish I could make a lot of these recipes but the exotic or rather strange ingredients have put me off trying. I wish that this was not the case and I will ask my local butcher...
Published 11 months ago by Mr. Richard A. Scholes

5.0 out of 5 stars Such great recipes. I bought this book having seen Michel ..., 10 Jan. 2015
S. Marsden "Ariel City" (Sydney, AUSTRALIA) - See all my reviews
Such great recipes. I bought this book having seen Michel Roux Jr.'s tv series Food and Drink and his special on chocolate and I so impressed with the layout and the presentation of the book. I am super excited to the the Ham mousse in this book and the recipes are easy to follow.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing book - nolt used, 7 Jan. 2015
Elizabeth J. Moore "Jane M" (Caerphilly County, Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
Disappointing book, just watch the Masterchef series and you would have learnt most of what is in this book/

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 21 Dec. 2014
Isabel Lunn - See all my reviews
Bought this as a present for a friend who is a keen cook and found some very interesting recipes.

2.0 out of 5 stars Just about ok, 31 Jan. 2014
Bought this book thinking it would be a great addition to my cook book collection. Find most of the recipes a bit over the top for me - not from a difficulty point but from an ingredient point. I'm not great into pigs heads, horse, brains, etc. I should have did a bit more research on this title before I bought it. I know these are probably considered classic French recipes but most of them I will never attempt to make.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 Jan. 2015
One of the best recipe books I've seen for a while.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great selection of recipes, 5 Jan. 2014
Syriat - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The French Kitchen: 200 Recipes From the Master of French Cooking (Kindle Edition)
Having watched MRJ on Masterchef I jumped at the chance of getting this book. It has a lot of recipes and quite a few are variations on his classical test recipes from the Professionals series. The instructions are good and detailed and whilst not every recipe is illustrated enough are and look appetising enough to try and the instructions are easy to follow. There are a lot of French classics here and whilst there are some you will know many will be new. What you need to remember though is that these classics may be different in each region so the version here may not be quite the one you have experienced. The selection of sauces at the back is good as well and useful.
What holds this back from being a five star book is that too many of the recipes require ingredients that you may find difficult to track down (pigs bladder, pigs head, gorse meat etc). You are going to go beyond your local supermarket in order to recreate everything here. However, what is here is well worth trying and you will enjoy both the book and the food that it helps you to create.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 Jan. 2015
my daughter - in - law loved this book. Leah R

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 8 Feb. 2015
R. knott "knotty" (england) - See all my reviews
Cheep to buy, clear instruction.

4.0 out of 5 stars Weighty tomb, 3 Feb. 2015
Interesting recipes, good value

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 16 Dec. 2013
Such a lovely book with wonderful recipes explained in an interesting and informative way. Cant wait to try them all