4.0 out of 5 stars Nice machine and excellent value
Published 5 months ago by Imperator

1.0 out of 5 stars ACER Aspire doesnt work with Windows 8.1
Bought this in nOv13, its Jan14 and it still isn't error free...Support weren't much use and after many attempts to clear problem and after a Refresh (not quite factory reset) and then a factory reset, I have now concluded the graphics card software isn't compatible with Windows 8.1 what a crock of ****.

When is it going to become illegal to sell systems that...
Published 6 months ago by J. R. Shadbolt

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice machine and excellent value, 19 Feb 2014
Imperator "Imperator" (Birkenhead, Merseyside United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
In this price range, this is as good as it gets. Puzzled by the other reviews saying it doesn't work with Windows 8.1. For me, it has been a faultless experience so far. Windows 8.1 requires you to spend a little bit of time tailoring the OS to your requirements, but once you've got it set up for the way you want to use your machine, it works really well, especially with a touch screen like this.

The build quality of this machine is decent, the display is clear and bright (though obviously not as amazing as some of the more pricey machines out there). I have previously owned or set up three different Acer laptops, and my only gripe with the brand is that the machines come pre-loaded with loads of bloatware you just don't need, which slows down your machine's boot times and performance. Make sure you spend a bit of time removing these programmes. This is why I only gave 4*. It also comes with McAfee, which is also pointless for most users these days (given Windows 8.1's excellent AV straight out of the box) and I would recommend removing this too, as McAfee is a resource hog.

All in all though, I would recommend this machine. I was setting this one up for a friend, but having seen the machine and the value for money it offers (an i5 processor and decent 23" touchscreen at this price is remarkable), I am now considering purchasing one for my own home office.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbeatable for the money, 8 Jan 2014
I have always been a supporter of Acer products and this is my 5th Acer all in one, this model was to replace one that I have had for about 18 months, everything about the computer is great, the out of box experience is excellent with a step by step setup for those who need it, the Win 8 setup is also very intuitive. The unit itself is quiet and super fast and the fan even when at full speed is not annoying and not like a whirlwind. This Acer has it all at a very reasonable price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Acer Aspire 23 inch Touchscreen all-in -one PC, 6 Dec 2013
This review is from: Acer Aspire Z3-605 23-inch Touchscreen All-in-One PC (Intel Core i3 3227 1.9GHz Processor, 6GB RAM, 1TB HDD, DVDRW, LAN, WLAN, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8) (Personal Computers)
I love my Acer Aspire touch screen PC its my first time with the Windows 8 and I have found it fine and the large screen is great

4.0 out of 5 stars Acer is "ace"., 2 Jun 2014
I have always struggled with computer technology. I have had to rely on others for assistance. My son persuaded me to buy a new computer when my last one gave up the ghost. Although I am sure that I do not really make enough use of the many capabilities of this system I am delighted with it. I often use it to watch the t.v. or to listen to music. As far as I am concerned it has proved to be a great success (even though it was very expensive!!). I must admit that I am loath to use "touch screen", I don't like the dirty marks. It spoils the screen for when I want to watch the football on B.T.
Anyway, thanks ACER, you are a big hit for me!!
Tom

5.0 out of 5 stars First all in one, 26 April 2014
This the first all in one computer, up to now I am very pleased with it, some of the pre loaded software is pointless, so I've deleted them, otherwise fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love my Acer, 10 April 2014
What a product! Great price and prompt delivery would highly recommend this all in one to anyone. Kids love the touchscreen novelty I confess to not using the touch screen much. Keyboard and mouse are a very good accompaniment

5.0 out of 5 stars ... order we finally got what we required and are happy with are, 20 July 2014
After a lot of problems with the initial order we finally got what we required and are happy with are purchase

1.0 out of 5 stars ACER Aspire doesnt work with Windows 8.1, 16 Jan 2014
J. R. Shadbolt (London) - See all my reviews

When is it going to become illegal to sell systems that aren't fault free or at least carry a health warning. This is all a comment on the hardware or software - not the supplier who did excellent job replacing the first machine that came from acer without an op system installed.

4.0 out of 5 stars OK but., 7 Mar 2014
So far this is a great computer, the only problem is the Windows 8.
It would be nice if Windows 7 was offered instead.
In my view a very good computer spoiled by the software.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Machine and stylish, 24 Dec 2013
So far so good it does what it says on the box. Pity about Windows 8.1 its pants and not user friendly