Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£7.59

on 5 March 2014
This is (probably) the most straightforward yet eye-opening business manual you will ever read. Full of common-sense advice of the kind that you know, yourself, to be true but needed someone who has been there to tell it you straight. Some of the highlights for me: 1. Don't waste time on fancy rubbish that doesn't get you sales (£3500 business plans etc.); 2. Don't expect the world on a plate and be prepared to downsize your life substantially to meet your goals, long term; 3. Have a vision and stick to it no matter what the naysayers say.

Next to 4 Hour Work Week and Rich Dad, Poor Dad I would put this in a triumvirate of business books for people who suspect that what they are being taught about how the world works and the status quo (i.e. job for life / pension = sorted) is actually just a pack of lies designed to get you to line someone else's pockets.

......as well as being just a damn good, and very practical read. I am not surprised at all that Brad is the highest rated business author on Amazon. It this doesn't get you OYA, nothing will.
on 17 March 2014
When I hovered over the amazon stars and coloured all 5 of them, the tag "LOVE IT" appeared. It summarises my thoughts entirely, I loved this book. I have only ever reviewed a couple of books before and my kindle library consists of hundreds. This book hit a chord with me right from the word go. The writer engages you, says it how it is and unlike numerous "self-help" books I've read totally transforms your mindset and ultimate attitude to life. I'm going to use this book to make the decisions that will move my life in the right direction now. One thing Brad gets spot on this book is the messages he gives out, you certainly leave the book at the very least determined to change. Fantastic effort from the author and I'm keen now to read his other books. Highly recommended read!
on 3 April 2014
Where to begin? A solid and inspiring read throughout.

During this book Brad cleverly demonstrates his straight foreward attitude, no nonsense approach to business and life in general. Each chapter leaves you feeling more positive and empowered than the last (I read it in two days).
A true insight as to what i believe is the right way for any self respecting man (both in business AND life) to cunduct himself. Straight talking and most of all speaking sense.
Common sense these days is a rarity and this book gives you hope that there are people out there just like me and you, people who have gone against the odds and made their life exactly the way they want it to be.
This book will give you the courage to do exactly that, and then some.
In short, if you're looking for huge motivation or even small steps to help get you going in whatever direction you choose, this book has it all.
Thank you Brad for your honesty and not conforming!
on 22 November 2013
If your feeling your in a bit of a "rut" need some motivation, feeling deflated, need some direction I would highly recommend Brads book. But also if your well established doing well but perhaps need some fresh modern thinking again this is the book for you.

Its not structured in anyway like a lot of business books but this makes it a really easy going read perhaps on the train or in a coffee shop.

For me running my own business I was tending to do things that were the norm, i.e. doing what other do, because it felt safe and it worked for them. Brad gives new ways of thinking and gives you the confidence to step out with new ways of thinking and approaching business and life in general. This has helped me power ahead in my business and bring me where I am today.
on 17 December 2013
This Book Can Not fail to help you. It does not matter if you are a start up or in business 20 years or more.
It's a book you can go back to time and again.
on 10 December 2013
I first saw Brad Burton at the business start up show a few years ago- at the time I was unhappily employed. Was feeling mildly alienated by what I saw at the show but decided to go to one last thing- which was Brad- and I was blown away! Bought his book (GOYA 2) and was very moved by it. Now I am self employed and a member of 4N- his networking business. His books have been an influence on me and are my favourite books of this kind. Without him Moving Vision Motion Graphics might not exist- and where would the world be then?- (up s#'; creek thats where!)This book offers more of the same inspiration, laughs , practical, advice.
Recommended!
on 18 December 2013
If you need motivation or re-motivation - and don't we all at times - this book will do the trick. Fun, with plenty of "that's so true" and "I'm writing that down so I don't forget" moments, it shares many practical tips and lines that I'll always remember like "Experience is what you win when you lose." Each chapter has a page for notes on which I found myself scribbling furiously and can now apply to my own situation. Brad's candid style of writing, numerous practical hints and the experiences he shares really hit home. Laugh, cry and learn with this book - a thoroughly good read.
on 12 April 2014
Home truths, motivation, facts, experiences, knowledge, motivation, a workbook, inspirational and oh yeah...motivational. This book, is the first ever book i've read cover to cover (well on a Kindle). I'm 36. I've tried reading before, but i haven't got the attention span to follow it through. I finished this book, in 3 days!! Which for me is monumental. I just couldn't put it down. If you own, or want to set up your own business. If you've been in business for 20 years. Or you just want to get the most out of your life and your job. This book is for you. BRILLIANT. And if you ever get the chance to attend one of Brads Talks, or see him 4Sighting at 4Networking...DO IT!!
on 11 August 2015
I first met Brad at a seminar earlier this year. We told him that the only reason we were still at the expo was to hear him speak. He then invited us into his seminar early so we could avoid the queues (which is a lot more than anyone else did for us that day). His seminar was sensational, every word he said was genuine and really came from the heart; you can hear the passion in his voice. He spoke about how important it is to be yourself in business/life and not to conform to the template that is in front of you. He also told us about the hardships he has had to face in his life to get where he is now, and if he can do it so can we. I think the part that really hit home for me was when he spoke about loving the life you lead and not taking anything or anyone in your life for granted. Not once did Brad try and sell us anything during his talk (unlike any other seminar that day). But when a guy walked in with a cardboard box of his books at the end. There was a huge rush of people waving money at him. I finished the book today and I can honestly say it did not disappoint. Brad's book has inspired me and has kept me motivated to achieve my goals. But it has also reminded me what is actually important in life.

"...how much of Steve Jobs' personal billions do you believe he would pay you to get just one more day of his life? He'd give you the lot..."

"...do you reckon he'd spend that last day sat in front of an iMac, trying to work out the iPhone 7...Of course not."

A must read for anyone who is unhappy in life / business and wants to make a change; and you CAN make a change!

Thank you Brad.
on 31 July 2015
Full disclosure, I'm a new Brad Burton fan. That said...

After 20 + years and 2 career lifetimes I was looking for a reason to escape the office walls! 6 weeks ago I came across Brad's 4Networking business. 2 weeks later I became a fully signed up member to the networking and I picked up a copy of this book and GOYA 1 & 2.

I'm in sales, in cliché terms we give footballers a run for their money. Endless analogies, impossible targets, mentally fried and cynical? Yes, most long term sales vets will be nodding right now. So i started this book with a slight dose of "#sigh, If this is too cheesy I'll give the other ones a miss"

It wasn't

From the first page you're hooked, I took it on holiday it only lasted 2 days. Would have been a day but most of the time is spent reading a portion and then drifting off into a day dream of how that last portion is so true! Sometimes taking stock of what you do every day needs fresh eyes. This book will let you look at yourself with fresh eyes. Shake it up, try something new, change tact, yes I know I'm back in cliché territory but it doesn't make the point any less true.

I've called this review "Ctrl Alt Delete" for that very reason. As a business lifer, this book served as an amazing reboot. Strips away the faff and focuses on the basics again. If you are a business newbie, use this book to move forward quickly. Don't sit on an idea until it goes stale - GO DO IT!

I now go to lots of 4N breakfast meetings, I'm working on lots of new ideas, I'm feeling all creative. Still love a good analogy & sales target, but I'm a damn sight less fried and cynical!