5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant
What a great idea. Really simple to use, just fill up a small water bottle and push the stopper in. Very secure and doesnt leak.

Great to keep in car as you dont have to bother having water bottle and seperate bowl.
Published 13 months ago by film fan 66

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit flimsy
I really liked the look of this item because it's a great idea and worked well when I tried it, however, it broke on the first day!

It is a very handy size because it fits in your pocket but while out walking with my dog I simply bent over to attach her lead and it cracked in my pocket.

You can't argue with the price but it's not very robust.
Published 12 months ago by LH

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit flimsy, 10 Feb. 2014

You can't argue with the price but it's not very robust.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great idea but by scrimping that last 5% on the ..., 21 Aug. 2014
This review is from: BeviQui Travel drinking bowl, Red (Misc.)
Great idea but by scrimping that last 5% on the manufacturing cost you've made it completely useless. Just make it £10 rather than £8.50 and use the extra cash to put a proper rubber seal on it (both the stopper and the hinged bit). That way I won't try it out in the kitchen, realise it leaks really badly and pitch it straight in the bin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 1 Feb. 2014

2.0 out of 5 stars Not all it's cracked..., 3 Oct. 2014
N. Miller "Cassova" (Milw, WI) - See all my reviews
This would be a great idea if it weren't so flimsy. I bought it reading it was flimsy thinking "I'll just be careful". Well, that was dumb of me. I wanted it for when I go for walks with my dogs in the woods. Anyone else see the problem? Well, I still haven't broken it but that's because I now carry it in a separate bag. I spend more time worrying about breaking it than I do actually using it. When it's closed it doesn't close well and pops open. So leaving it on it's side will leak water (slowly but still leaky). And the cap fits /most/ water bottles but not all. Keep that in mine before you try to stick it on the end of a water filled Lucozade. I gave it two stars because I still think it looks cool and is a good idea. Just poorly executed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic idea!, 26 Sept. 2013
Having put up with various cumbersome and/or leaky ideas for getting water to the dog whilst out and about I found this.
I had been using one of those plastic bottle/holder things (a bit like PetGear Happy Pet Travel Bottle - except that @Badger_the_dog 's one was from RSPCA). That would have been good if it didn't leak - and if it kept adding water to the 'trough' - bit like a budgies one would do. But they don't. And they are quite large - and rather heavy when full, meaning they have to go in a bag or some such. Plus, the plastic bottle is too tough to squeeze water out properly. So one has to take bottle off trough, pour out water, spilling water everywhere, let dog drink, spilling more water (won't stand upright on it's own, despite how it appears in all the pix) then pour away what Badger hasn't drunk and re-attach bottle to trough. It sorta works, but.....

Then I found this. This is FAB. It is so very simple - one of those ideas that make me wonder why it has not been done before. When I first opened it, I must confess to being slightly disappointed. It looks like almost nothing. However - it fits in the pocket and even has a little pouch to keep it (and/or your pocket) clean. It fits neatly and leak-free to any 'bog-standard' retail water bottle and with a little squeeze fills the bowl. Badger drinks. If he needs more. a little extra squeeze sorts it. As he never gets near the bottle neck or opening, I can happily drink from the same bottle too.

And - if need be, one doesn't have to remove the bowl and re-fit the bottle lid as it has a little rubber bung that locks into place around the top of the bottle. All in all a fantastic idea. Gonna have to get another one to keep in the car!

If you have a dog and take it walks - get one (or two) of these. They are great!
If you have a dog and DON'T take it walks, then you also need the RSPCA - but for a different reason!

=========================================================

As another reviewer pointed out - these things are quite stiff and made from a brittle plastic.
Although I have found that they DO fit in a wide variety of UK water bottles (the kind you buy pre-filled from Scottish streams or French volcanic mountain ranges, not the ones I use for walking & camping like my trusty Sigg) Sigg Swiss Quality Drinking Bottle

Because of the brittle nature of the bowl I have broken two of these now.... and so taken a star off my review.

If the manufacturer is listening (and I hope they would be because I've not seen these for sale ANYWHERE else..) Can you PLEASE look into a more flexible material for the bowl? It is not used unsupervised because of the nature of the item and it's point of use - ie: it's not sat beside the dog's den where he might randomly chew it, he only drinks from it when I offer it when we are out and about.

My first BeviQui broke when my backpack brushed against a door frame (the drinking bowl was still attached to a water bottle in the backpack's mesh side pocket. The second one broke when the dog jumped up on a bench and onto the 'walkies' bag that the bowl was inside.
This is still a brilliant idea - but a more robust/flexible bowl for the 'great outdoors' PLEASE. (I am now looking into ways to make a bowl more flexible using the broken pieces. Maybe a job for Sugru - White (Pack of 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good concept, but fragile and doesn't fit all bottles, 13 July 2014
This review is from: BeviQui Travel drinking bowl, Red (Misc.)
I have two of these now. The first one broke within a week but was fixed with duct tape and works fine all taped up. I was pleased to finally find a portable device that my dog will actually drink out of and that doesn't leak which is why I bought a second one. Bit surprised that I haven't found a plastic bottle that the second fits into - they are all way too large... I don't think the different colours mean different sizes as there is nothing on the product info to say as much, but it seems strange that the first bottle I used fitted the first bottle tried, but a different colour one hasn't fitted three different bottles so far!

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 9 July 2014
Bit flimsy

2.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, but.............................................., 4 July 2014
This is a great idea, but the plastic used for the 'drinking bowl' is too brittle and it breaks very easily. Have bought another type, which is not as good, but is sturdier and has lasted more than a couple of weeks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 4 July 2014
Great product design. Great price! My Dogue de Bordeaux drinks easily from it. Would highly recommend.

3.0 out of 5 stars GOOD CONCEPT BUT NOT STRONG ENOUGH, 4 July 2014
This drinking bowl is very good although as others have commented not very strong.
I have already broken two well my daughter one and me the other therefore I would not re-purchase unless there was some modification regarding the strength. I found it did not fit a general water bottle but did fit a well known cola bottle if that is of any help to anyone. Good product but just not durable enough and I am glad that I did not pay too much for them as the color I purchased was on offer at the time.
I have purchased a stainless steel bottle for her now.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›