on 26 September 2014
Not enjoyed this printer.

Let me start by saying the good things: it's fast to print, and the print quality is great.

Now the bad. We've had this printer for about 5 months now for a small business, we've printed around 6000 pages in that time. Printing a lot of pages at a time gets the printer very warm, this doesn't necessarily cause any problems unless I'm printing on the other side of the page (i.e. 2 sided), the warm pages then seem to cause the printer to jam and rip the paper causing a wonky print on the final page, not a great thing to happen!

The main downside to this printer is the cost. It's not a cheap printer to start with but at £45 per toner it's not a cheap printer to run. We've replaced our colour toners twice and our black 4 times - £54/month on toners. Not amazing for a small business. ON TOP of this we've had to replace our waste toner cartridge twice (£12 per time) and our transfer unit once (£90 per time). That's a running cost of £76.80 per month. Also we had no idea about the toner cartridge or imaging/transfer unit being the cause of the problems (from google-ing it should have lasted longer) so we sent our printer back for a week at a time 3 times so far. 3 weeks downtime in 5 months! This means our running cost is closer to £94.00/month. During repairs no replacement was allowed. No discount for the replacements.

Note for people with this printer - the Imaging Unit has a lifespan of 16,000 impressions - this doesn't mean 16,000 pages of print but 4000 (spins round about 4 times for colour pages).

Overall not a great printer for using as much as we do!

**EDIT: 05/12/14: It's now saying the Transfer Belt needs to be replaced! Another £40.00...
**EDIT: 07/01/15: Now it wants a new fuser, another £40.00! Apparently the transfer belt and fuser last 20k impressions (500 colour pages) please, please factor in these costs (and the time it takes to get new parts)
on 9 October 2015
Since purchase I was surprised at the number of times all 4 toner cartridges had to be replaced - especially in light of the fact that I do not use or have need for colour printing 99% of the time. The cost was phenomenal and I regretted buying the printer as running costs were so high.

However, I was very surprised that the printer then alerted that I needed to replace the drum unit. It was never suggested to me at point of sale or in any of the documentation with the printer that it might need replacement parts within a year of purchase. Soon after, the waste toner tank needed replacing. This week, the alert signalled I needed a new fuser unit and a transfer belt. I bought these items online and then called Samsung's helpline to get help in talking me through how to replace the parts. I was told I needed to speak to the technical help but they suggested once again I would need to send the printer in to have this work done or would need an engineer to come to the house for a £95 callout fee.

So far I spent £269-95 on a printer that has cost me £667 in toner ink, and £215-98 in parts plus a further potential £95 for an engineer to fix those parts. I wonder if Samsung genuinely believes that a home user has over £1200 in under 2 years to spend on their printing? I will not use it further and will buy a replacement from another brand who look out for their customers.
on 25 April 2014
Easy to install, and fast printing that's about all that is positive about this machine. From day 1 it was hit or miss whether the paper jammed - I used 80g thin paper, photocopier paper. I think the pictures are misleading, as it implies that the the paper tray stays inside the machine, in fact it doesn't. With standard A4, the tray has to stick out but about 3 inches. The paper tray slides in and doesn't seem to engage or click securely and is quite loose. This is probably why the paper jams occur, sometimes it worked ok, but after a couple of weeks, it was more or less happening every 3 pages. The tray is extremely flimsy and poor quality. Underneath the lid for scanning and copying the underside has a soft pad on it and this is literally stuck on on one side with seems like a self adhesive sticky padded side. I wondered if I had a faulty machine but I checked out the other similar Samsung products in the store and all had the similar paper tray. By the way Samsung customer services weren't very interested, even though product was only 4 weeks old, and only offered a repair. Needless to say I returned the printer to the retailer for a full refund. Always found Samsung good for TV's etc but I won't buy this make again for printers.
on 15 November 2014
Avoid this printer if you have Apple or iMac products. Having purchased I found Samsung extremely unhelpful in resolving problems that kept cropping up with regards to printing from iMac or Apple products. Whenever Apple upgraded their OS there were always issues with printer functionality that stopped working (e.g. AirPrint). The latest released of Yosemite OS has meant that Duplex printing no longer works at all and Samsung have confirmed they will not be bringing any software upgrades out to fix it! - And this is only after a few months ownership, despite the specifications saying it is compatible with an iMac! In short Samsung and Samsung support are really really not interested in supporting this product and like to blame Apple for everything (unsurprising perhaps given they are competitors in the market). Their support generally is also the worst I have ever come across.
on 2 March 2016
This Samsung Laser MFC printer has got it all. It will connect to your existing (home)office network via WiFi(b/g/n), ethernet, or direct USB. It can even support wireless direct printing on a separate network just in case the main network is down.
Other features are solid to Samsung's years in printing experience. Laser print out is good, b/w and color inclusive. Scanning documents is speedy and has lots of destination option including email and USB. Copying is quick. Faxing is straight forward, albeit feeding from the auto feeder or from scanner. Installation software was very intuitive. The software driver loads an ECO friendly printer manager allowing you to decide how to print your docs. I have all computers set for ECO friendly, thus extending life of toner, and using less power and resources.
The cost of toners are pretty affordable. Collectively, they don't cost more than the printer so it's a great buy. I've used other brands but for my office, so far, this is the best laser MFC printer for the price.

If you like my review please click 'I found this helpful' below. Thank you!
on 14 June 2014
I have just returned my 2nd Samsung SL-C460FW printer (thanks amazon great service). I really wanted to love this printer and it has all the bells and whistles. However, as nice as it is to have NFC etc the print quality was terrible, inconsistent and just not fit for purpose. Think twice before you select this printer!
on 28 February 2015
I did not buy this printer from Amazon - may be I should have done. Printing quality is good - sharp, very black and distinct.
Graphicss are so, so although photo's are.t too bad. I have found the printer difficult to network, either wirelessly or via Ethernet. I have to keep rebooting my router to maintain connection. It will stay connected for a while and then go offline for no apparent reason. The installation disk was useless regarding wireless connections for the printer and so went trawling the internet until I found the one that would work. I will have to live with this machine but would have returned it if I could. It does what it says on the box - after a fashion :(
on 16 April 2014
The product is not as I thought it would be. It prints quiet slowly for a printer of this size and description, the ink runs out quiet quickly so I replaced it with HP LaserJet Pro 200 Color M276nw All-in-One Printer and could not be more happy.
on 7 January 2016
Have to agree with much of what's posted here already. It's a devastatingly expensive printer to run with inks having lasted only a fraction of my expected time. I've just spent £120 on all new cartridges which is frankly a disgrace.

The printer also keeps disconnecting from the network and / or crashing which means frequently it needs restarting otherwise you cannot find it on the network.

Handy printer, good quality, but a pain to live with. Bit like a hot wife.
on 10 January 2016
Used Samsung laser printer for years now and never been disappointed. This model is superb. The quality of the print is the best I have ever seen. I would happily recommend this printer to anyone.