5.0 out of 5 stars Ignore the naysayers
Read the reviews and guessed that those with problems had maybe not followed the instructions properly. The longest part of setting it up was probably making sure I had removed all the blue packing tabs and the few beads of loose polystyrene balls. I followed the very straightforward instruction sheet and within a few minutes the printer was seen on my home network...
Published 11 months ago by Damgate

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed......and refunded
Ok so maybe I was unlucky but my short-lived experience of this printer forced me to request a refund & look at other manufacturers.

Setup was easy and all seemed ok for 2 whole days. The printer was sited in my upstairs office with my router at the front of the house downstairs, but the signal was 2-3 bars on the screen so all was fine.

A couple of...
Published 2 months ago by James Sheldon

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 423 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well .BE ADVISED. I have entered the wrong printer,,This should read Epsom XP-405, NOT the XP-412, 3 April 2014
This review is from: Epson Expression Home XP-412 Small-in-One Printer with Wi-Fi Direct and 6.4cm LCD Screen (Accessory)
I did not buy this item from Amazon, But can recommend it,It set up on USB and WiFI, With ease, The WiFi is however, a little slow to react, but once the signal is passed to the printer, it goes as normal. The disc that comes with it gives you the option to download the update on the firmware, I would advise against this, as it may not accept 3rd party inks.(non Epsom) If it works, dont play/update it, thats my motto.
A bit of advice, If you are going to use 3rd party inks, when one ink runs out,Remove ALL the inks, change the empty one, and then put them ALL back in,You will get a message saying " these are non compatable inks, do you want to continue" just press ok.
I buy the cheap amazon inks, and so far after 6 months, the printer is still working well and accepting 3rd party inks,
The photos print as well as epsom inks, and the scanner is a gem.
As i said, this printer is recommended, but loses a star because of it reminding me to use Epsom inks,
Johnny
Update, printer now 7 months on, is still working perfectly,

5.0 out of 5 stars make an impression and copy it, 14 Jan 2014
what a little gem of a printer.it does everything for the home printer,only doen side photo printing is slow, but the quality is brilliant.
at this price put up with it

5.0 out of 5 stars Epson E H Printer, 7 Feb 2014
I did not know that you could get Wi-Fi printers really pleased with this one photos are brill Thank you

4.0 out of 5 stars Big return for a small outlay, 10 Sep 2014
For such a low cost printer, it performs very well and produces excellent photo prints. I would have given it a 5 star rating if the touch controls were not so sensitive and the fact that the commands for ink cartridge replacement cannot be done entirely through computer input and requires the use of the printer command screen as well. Other than that I have found it to be a great replacement for my previous 5 year old Epson which I have passed on to my daughter. It will also use compatible cartridges which in itself is a great saving.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, and definitely not cheerful., 31 Oct 2014
P. Bosworth - See all my reviews
Such a disappointment. Reasonably easy to set up wirelessly for printing, and the first two photos were printed quickly. It was downhill from there and despite several, increasingly frustrating attempts to connect the printer to my computer with the correct leads, and re installation of the software, I never did get it to scan photos. Photos took longer and longer to print, and became darker and darker. It has gone back for a refund, and that part of the process was pain free, well done Amazon.

1.0 out of 5 stars Only for Wifi use, and Epson customer service not good, 2 Oct 2014
Ms. Sc Jones "Suki" (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
My previous review was removed, I don't know why, perhaps Epson don't take kindly to complaints?? Anyway, it doesn't work. It's connected to our PC via USB - should be pretty straightforward, right? Wrong. We get constant crashes to blue screen of death, and although we can print from the PC (so the connection is obviously fine) we cannot get it to scan. It just keeps telling us to connect the PC (it IS connected, via USB no less).

Epson customer services have been no help to us at all, they told us by email that it must be our hardware at fault. They don't answer the point that if the connection or hardware was dodgy, it surely wouldn't print from the PC! We have uninstalled and reinstalled the software umpteen times, including downloading it from the Epson website just in case the CD version was faulty - no change. Now I think we will have to return it. Our next purchase will be from a different manufacturer.

I think the issue here is probably that this model is really designed with wifi-only use in mind. It's just not designed to work across a USB connection I suspect. Epson really should just come out and say that though. If you're looking to use it via a USB connection only, be warned!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good compact printer at a reasonable price., 5 Aug 2014
Jim (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This is a good printer. It is compact an produces a good quality of output. Wireless setup was not too difficult: although neither of my computers could find the printer on the first run through the setup procedure, this was easily resolved without any technical assistance. When printing, the printer seems very slow to produce the first page but after that the printing speed is great.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good... :(, 8 April 2014
I don't know if I simply had a dodgy printer or it really was that rubbish.. Big dent in the corner of box, cracked polystyrene inside, didn't even come packed in an amazon box, just the printer in its own box with my name and address slapped on the side, but my major problem was with the paper feed, put the paper in the top, then it flops over & bends (don't leave paper in printer over night, you get 'kinky' paper!) when the paper feed grabs the paper to print ( when it manages it) it grabs the paper in such a way it goes all squiff & wonky, so you have to re aline the paper after each & every print & you can't just put one piece of paper in either as it says "no paper feed" (a message to that effect on the little screen) there's a little grey bit you can move on the printer to adjust paper size, I tried to use this to keep my paper straight while trying to print, this didn't work either as it promted the printer to give me more error messages.. I gave up In the end.. Suppost to be quick & easy.. More like slow & hard!!!!! This is the first product I have ever sent back to Amazon in all the years I've been a customer & the first review I felt needed to write.. Oh & the final nail in the coffin, we couldn't get the wifi to work or the airprint to print, using 3 iPads & 2 iPhones, the printer wasn't having any of it, I'd understand if we were NOOBS in the computer department but my partner is an IT support officer for a local council, other words they fix the computers, printers & phones that "break" for the local council, job centres & libraries ect even he said the printer is rubbish but it could be due to the massive dent in the bottom corner of the box. So that was my experience with the Epson Expression Home XP-412.

4.0 out of 5 stars ALL FINE EXCEPT MORE CLARIFICATION REQUIRED ON HOW TO SWITCH PAPER TYPES. (SEE BELOW), 11 Jun 2014
Very good, with first class photo printing, very sharp considering I only have a small canon camera.
I know it keeps telling me to only use Epson inks which are very expensive, but there are others only half the price which I have ordered through Amazon previously which are just as good.
Beware of paper jams!.
HOWEVER I DO HAVE TROUBLE IN SWITCHING PAPER TYPES, I.E. FROM PLAIN PAAPER TO PHOTO GLOSS PAPER OR VICE VERSA.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wireless Printer, 7 Jun 2014
Purchased this printer recently for home use to replace an old wired Epson I have had for over 8 years, so that two laptops could use
the same printer. So far we have not been disappointed in its functions. The printer is easy to use once all the software is loaded,
and standard of colour printing is excellent, especially for photos. The touch pad and screen are simple and well laid out and also easy to use. When not in use, folds away neatly for storage.
Would recommend to any one who requires a simple, affordable, wireless printer for personal home use.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 423 | Next ›