on 24 September 2013
I bought this book in the hope to find some more ways to make a quick buck and a little passive income.

What I found instead was an actual business that I have already starting building from scratch. I am confident that anyone who is able to follow the author's business plan will get comparable results - a consistent monthly income that rolls in regardless of where you are in a couple of years.

The book is well written and I really liked the motivation provided to start building a passive income business immediately. One of the best non-fictions I've come across in a long time.

The author has a good number of back-lists, most of which I've read. You should check them out. While you are at it, you might also want to check out Why You Are Not Wealthy: Understanding the hidden secrets to financial freedom (Stephen R Covey, Timothy Ferriss, Robert Kiyosaki, Zig Ziglar, Brian Tracy, Derek C. Olsen, John Medina, Dale Carnegie) - a quick read that reveals the greatest money secret of all time.
on 24 July 2013
This is the first book by Eric Michael that I have read, but it won't be the last. His writing style is very clear, explaining his examples in plain, easy to understand language.
Let's face it, who hasn't thought about how good it would be to be able to buy items cheap and sell them for a profit, earning themselves a nice secondary income in the process. Eric Michael's book explains how easy this can be, and why Amazon is the ideal market place.
Mr. Michael leaves you in no doubt that this is NOT a get rich quick scheme, but rather a tried and tested long term method. It takes dedication, but it in no way consumes all of your time.
Although obviously written for the American market, don't let that put you off. The easy to follow directions are easily translated to suit whichever country you may be in - the UK in my case.
Excellently written, clearly explained - a must read for any budding entrepreneur!
on 6 January 2014
I had no idea that selling online could be tackled in a coherent and straight ahead fashion.

Having heard stories from "I made it big" to "I lost it all" for novice Internet sellers using Ebay and Craigslist, I have always been wary of over-hype for online business opportunities (and books about them). I recently opened my first createspace store for my book through Amazon and it seems easy enough...although I am not retiring quite yet..

The big takeaway from "Passive Income for Life"is the idea that you can inventory items of interest without a business/store front or paid for storage space, turning a hobby into a home based business with a small investment. It is work. I can see that, and the author highlights that he was "Lucky" in some respects relative to found inventory and turnaround profits, but the principle looks sound.

This is not a step by step path to a million dollars book, but a guide that points you to the resources you need to start your business and what pitfalls to avoid. The title is not exactly accurate.."Passive income" is being generous. You will need to work quite a bit, but the marketing machine of Amazon will take up the sales aspect that many of us are not familiar with, nor have the savvy to exploit. You will need to become an expert in certain aspects of the method and system that Amazon utilizes, but the book points you to the things you need to review, learn and live. The book is almost an "Amazon selling for Dummies" without the derogatory overtones. I liked it.

The author focuses on books, CD's and collectables as his examples, but I would have liked to have seen a take on other items that sell "used" through the Amazon site.
on 25 February 2014
I bought this after reading the description and some enthusiastic 5 star reviews, but it proved to be a hugely dissapointing read. The description is somewhat misleading - the model states a 'passive income for life', however it seems to me that the method takes up a great deal of time sourcing, collecting, storing, and posting/ packing goods - hardly passive - and for little profit. The $50,000 headline figure is a little misleading too - the author may have sold that amount in a decade or so since starting but in the current climate and market it will take you forever to earn that amount. If you want to spend hours at car boot sales (UK) or garage sales (US) or are happy to buy from ebay with a view to re-listing on Amazon then buy the book, however for me it was a very over hyped description and dissapointing book.
on 26 August 2013
This is a confidently written amazing book. If you ever had any doubt about your ability to make profit with just a little hard work then this is the book to quash those doubts.
The chapters are well-organised and clearly divided to allow easy reference and understanding. This step-by-step guide will lead the most naïve person through the stages and challenges of building a selling empire through Amazon, along with other similar sites.
The writer gives advice on topics such as choosing what to sell and how to list your items to make them sell in easy to understand steps.
A wise investment for the budding entrepreneur!
on 6 September 2013
I have bought a number of home business idea books on Kindle, and Passive Income for Life is the best of the bunch so far. The author provides an entire business plan that can be launched for almost no start-up costs. The book is honest about what it takes to succeed. I am surprised that the author is not worried about competition, as he seemed to hold nothing back.

I read all the reviews before purchasing, as I always do. I must say that most of the neutral reviews mention work as the reason for not giving the book 5-stars... duh!!

Nothing is for free. You cannot have passive income without first putting in some time and effort. EVERYBODY that has been successful in building passive incomes put in a lot of work to get to the point that the business yields passive income. I know because I earn passive income from several online sources including a blog, but it took a lot of time and effort to get the sources to be profitable.

The great thing about this book is that there is no risk. You spend pocket change on items that can consistently earn $20-50 an item. I have already made multiple sales after only a couple of days of building my Amazon business. I'll be looking at Almost Free Money by this author next. Thanks!
on 1 August 2013
Well organized, well thought out, well written. Great information about how to create your own business buying and selling on Amazon, as well as tips as to what should be sold on Ebay as well. Step by step instructions, tips on handling bad reviews, what to sell, what not too. This is a great resource if you enjoy garage sales and are looking to generate passive income.
on 13 September 2013
I ordered this book after reading all of the reviews. The concerns of several readers about doing some work was not an issue for me. I understand that you cannot be successful and develop a consistent passive income without doing some work to maintain your business.
I found this book to be a well developed plan for building a home business that will produce passive income over a long period of time. The directions were easy to follow. The author's experiences seem to be applicable to most readers' situations.
This does not appear to be a get-rich-quick plan. It is the basis for starting a successful business from home with very little investment. There is almost no risk and it has the potential for a very large and consistent reward. Recommended reading.
on 6 April 2014
It is true that some people’s junk is another’s treasure, but this is not an easy business. My definition of passive income is having an effortless revenue stream. Clearly, the title is misleading. Most sales people seem to have this problem with truth. If only they were Pinocchio, so we’d be forewarned. Other than that, the book is well organized and delivers information about the so-called passive income business of selling used items; mostly on Amazon.com. While the book warns that it is not a guide to “get rich quick,” it fails to mention that it is in no way “effortless.”

At one point in the book, I was a little amused when the author made a trip across state lines just to purchase lots and lots of inventory. I could suddenly just hear that music in my head, the jingle for that tv show, “Sanford & Son.”

I guess for someone who was accustomed to selling on Ebay, it appears to be effortless. But when you consider that the author has one entire floor of his personal home filled with inventory, you wonder whether he should be writing fiction instead. Since I am an author who sells books on Amazon, I thought the book would serve as another insight about selling on Amazon. And, it did.

Once I got into the book, I made myself a big pot of my favorite toffee-flavored coffee. Rolling up my sleeves, I took lots of notes then decided that an easier, more passive income would be selling Avon (or something like it). All I would have to do is get catalogs and pass them around at work. People would then give me their orders and I’d deliver these items (which typically weigh under one pound) at the place that I go to every day any way. Now, that’s a passive income.
on 14 October 2013
This great how-to guide show you step by step how to build a steady income.
Unlike other books, which just give generic advice, this shows you how to research, measure margins, and understand where consumer demand is.

The book is clear and well written, and gives great insight how to make good money.

Recommended.