Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Learn More Shop now Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£9.49

on 24 November 2013
This is a great book if you want to look into the technical aspects of seamless knitting. The patterns are very well thought out and, personally I like the designs. If you just want a few patterns to knit then perhaps this is not the book for you but if you are the type of knitter that is interested in good designs and want to understand how these designs are put together then I highly rate this book.
on 28 July 2013
I liked the styles in this book and found seamless or circular knitting very well described. I am on my third garment with seamless knitting and find it much more comfortable and quick. I hate the sewing up part and have often left garments at this stage, so this idea suits me.
on 21 November 2014
OK, maybe it's because I hate sewing seams, maybe it is because I am completely flat chested, but I love this book. I have knitted 3 of the projects so far - all have been what I would call 'not simple', but the charts are really good, especially for the cables and lacey patterns. So, for my first go at complex patterns, the tops have a real 'wow' factor. Every time I wear one of them, people always comment (in a good way, I hope).
on 19 March 2014
Not to sure what I was expecting.
While most of the sewing is eliminated you swap sewing with the challenge of picking up stitches evenly and without holes.
The book basically takes standard pattern but you pick up stitches where normally you would stitch the pieces together, the body is knitted in the round (you will either need VERY long circular needles or be comfortable with double pointed needles).
This is something you could workout yourself.
This 'technic' does eliminate seams but you end up with a heavy, bulky piece of knitting. If your 'pickup' isn't smooth and even you have to unpick a large piece of knitting rather than just a seam. The seams are flatter than sewn seams.
An interesting concept. Challenging conventional concepts is always worthwhile.
All in all I think I will stick to sewn in sleeves. Having smaller pieces of knitting makes them more portable and lighter to handle.
on 4 March 2014
I bought this because I loved the pullover shown on the cover. I started kintting it at once, I#v finished the first sleeve, it looks beautiful. I am eager to knit more of the projects.
VINE VOICEon 24 January 2014
I agree with the reviewers who praised the discussion of techniques more than the actual designs. On techniques, it's very interesting; sometimes maybe a touch patronising but they're leaving nothing to chance. There's some interesting ideas here, especially if you prefer to shy away from one-piece knits that depend on raglan shaping - always a tricky one unless you're the dimensions of a stick insect.

But oh dear, the patterns! Some of them remind me of my aunt's collection of 1950s Stitchcraft magazines - honestly, when did you last aspire to knit a form-fitting jumper that made a feature of its bust shaping? There's only one that I fancy, and I would make that as a sloppy joe and leave off the knitted belt!!! Yes, folks, to a close-fitting jumper in a rather nice stitch they add a narrow knitted string on a buckle that cuts the model's figure in half. OK, it's not compulsory, but it makes one wonder why the sudden and painful transition from technical mastery to designs out of a post-war reference book.

It's got loads of good advice. Wish they'd taken just a little themselves.
on 24 June 2013
I hate sewing up seams in knitting and hoped this would help avoid this. Well yes it does but I didnt find the projects as good as I had hoped.
on 18 May 2014
This book was bought as a present for my wife and she is very impressed by it, almost to the point of being overtaken. I am a long suffer of the knitter, but to see the pleasure she is getting is rewarding.
on 16 October 2014
Very informative, easy to understand and nice patterns
on 23 July 2013
The technical part of this book is fine. However I found the patterns very unappealing with cables that seems to wander all over the place. None of them were things that I would have made - I got the book from the library so at least I hadn't bought it.
Anne Budd's books are far better for the sort of knitting I do.