4.0 out of 5 stars If you like Mitch Rapp
You'll like Ryan Kealy. So sad that the author has also passed away (as has Vince Flynn) at such a young age. The books are fast paced with a field operative who's not overly impressed with the desk jockeys in Washington. The guy gets stuff done!
Published 1 month ago by Lews Therin

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard work
This is a long and slow book and it really does take an age to get started. It felt as though the prologue ran for over 100 pages and I almost gave up several times. However, I don't think you can really judge a book unless you've read it, so I did finish it.

Published 5 months ago by johnverp

4.0 out of 5 stars If you like Mitch Rapp, 3 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Courier (A Ryan Kealey Thriller) (Kindle Edition)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for me!, 14 April 2014
This review is from: The Courier (A Ryan Kealey Thriller) (Kindle Edition)
I did not finish reading it - just wasn't my cup of tea. I wlli have to read it again - perhaps it was my mood!

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard work, 5 Feb 2014

Basically, a suitcase-sized nuclear bomb is the subject of an extensive search by Ryan, our protagonist, who works in intelligence. He participates in an extremely slow car chase across northern Africa to locate the bomb. Whenever it appears within reach, the baddies just happen to get away; and when Ryan and his offsider, Rayhan, get into strife, helpers appear to get them out of the trouble.

Coincidence holds a lot together - for instance, it was our protagonist's uncle, still alive, who had responsibility for the bomb some 60 years earlier when he was a WWII soldier. Many will be surprised by the composition of the team which provides the heroics. Ryan's psychologist is such a team member and Ryan is almost upstaged as primary protagonist. I must say too that the characterisations were nothing special.

In short, the plot, writing and characters appear to have done more for others than they did for me.

Finally, a disclosure step has been missed, in my view : very current events are referred to in the novel, yet the author (R.I.P.) died some years ago. Someone else either wrote this book, or substantial parts of it, and this should have been made known by the publishers.

The Courier (A Ryan Kealey Thriller)
3.24