5.0 out of 5 stars Fork out for the Knife! (See what I did there? Oh yes).
The Knife, Sweden's wonderful brother and sister electro group, return with this, their third proper studio album. Despite recent exposure courtesy of a Jose Gonzalez cover version of their song 'Heartbeats' (as well as strangley being championed by Victoria Newton of The Sun), the Knife are still relative unknowns outside of their homeland. For those of you who do know...
Published on 31 Mar. 2006 by Adam McGee

3.0 out of 5 stars ukhik
One of the greatest sounding records ever designed, seriously. There is an approach, almost entirely contained within electronic music, very dear to my heart, and that is producing tracks that seem to have had no human contact before you arrived. Sure, you read the reviews, listen to the MP3s floating around, have you hipster friends inanely hyping it up, but when you...
Published on 2 Jun. 2008 by 77

5.0 out of 5 stars A masterpiece, 7 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Silent Shout (Audio CD)
A magnificent album in it's own right. Made even better with the inclusion of the concert, which is simply magnificent. Could be their crowning glory.

5.0 out of 5 stars silent but deadly, 12 Jan. 2007
C. Kirk (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Silent Shout (Audio CD)
These shy Swedish siblings have produced a very fine album. Silent Shout drifts smoothly through sinister melodies, enthralling vocals and while some may be turned off by this darker offering, a proper listen will uncover an addictive quality. The big tracks: Silent Shout, We Share our Mother's Health and Like a Pen will stand out early on, but the album's real beauty is uncovered when appreciated as a whole - not one for the mashed-up iPod playlist but definitely worth purchasing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sheer luck..., 25 Mar. 2008
Mark C. (Seattle, WA United States) - See all my reviews
having heard one song on KEXP, I was intrigued enough to find out about Knife--and remembered that the vocalist here did 'what else is there?'
All I can say is this is mysterious, dark and dreamy-the compositions and the things Karin does with her voice make her several cuts above the two chord flat-meandering s of many singers. ie She is brilliant!
More than awesome. much more
My only confusion is that there are listings of a 4 CD box-is this true?
I have the 3 disc

4.0 out of 5 stars The Knife, 14 Nov. 2006
This review is from: Silent Shout (Audio CD)
I had never heard of The Knife until i heard Silent Shout. I loved the song so much that i bought the album. I'm not normally into electronica and i did take me a few listens to get right into. I absolutely love Marble House and Like a Pen. The only let down on this album for me is the vocals on The Captain, too high and it ruins a fantastic song. I love the experimental quirks of The knife.

4.0 out of 5 stars loud shout calling me back..., 24 Jan. 2007
This review is from: Silent Shout (Audio CD)
Right within a genre that I'd moved away from years ago, but this is calling me back.

Like many, silent shout (single) was the track that made me buy the album. Its a great start, but don't be put off if thats too far down the mainstream route for you. This album comes across as quite experimental, and for me.. it works!

Definitely an element of personal taste to this, unlike a previous reviewer, The captain makes all the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, I have to play it more than once!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best album ever!!!, 7 Aug. 2013
Great music, plus the concert and videos!!! This deluxe edition was the best option - everything in one place! I recommend this album to anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars A slice from the Knife, 9 Jun. 2006
This review is from: Silent Shout (Audio CD)
What a truly great album. The knife seem to bring together electronica and the steel drum sound of Jamaica with ease.

From track one you can hear glimpses of bjork, although done in a far more musical way.

If you like your music quirky, melodic and slightly off the wall, then from a synth point of view, this is the one for you!

4.0 out of 5 stars As interesting as it is different., 26 Jan. 2007
This review is from: Silent Shout (Audio CD)
Having waited for this, their latest album, for quite a while, I could not help but get my hopes up. I wasn't dissapointed, but mildly suprised. This is very different from their second album 'Deep Cuts' and probably closer to their first. One cannot help but wonder how they keep coming up with such origional music. Right from the start you are introduced to hypnotic and almost dreamlike music that will be unlike anything else you will have experienced before. Why only four stars you ask. One simple reason; I loved Deep cuts too much and nothing can beat that for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best album of 2006, 18 May 2007
This review is from: Silent Shout (Audio CD)
One of my favourite tachno albums ever is the Knife's Silent Shout, is an album I accidently purchased but that is irrelevant, as this is a review.

The album opens with the melancholic Silent Shout which was my early favourite, however the album hits a peak with Neverland, which for me is the albums best song. It reminded me of a less harsh version of Bjork's Pluto, but had the same affect, and is a far better song, not that I don't like Pluto by Bjork. The lead single, We Share Our Mother's Health is probably the most commercial sounding song on the CD except for the follow-up Like A Pen, which happens to be one of my favourites. Track 9, From Off To On, is another of my favourites also.

Highly recommended for anyone who enjoys good electronic music.

9 / 10

5.0 out of 5 stars DARK & POWERFUL FROM THE COLD NORTH, 10 Feb. 2010
JayBe (Birrwill) - See all my reviews
yeah it's a bit dunkel but polished performances and very very intense. Sorry my vocabulary isn't developed enough to like, drop names of other bands. This CD is hard to get but worth the effort

Silent Shout