5.0 out of 5 stars Totally Delicious and Nutritious too
This cereal is absolutely fantastic!

Never a fan of Alpen before, I'm now converted.

Usually I go for chocolate cereals, Coco Shreddies normally, or a very basic cereal such as Special K (with a bit of sugar added), but this Alpen cereal clearly offers the best of both worlds and I'm amazed by the taste- it's so delicious.

I've never been...
Published 9 months ago by Fantasy Lore

3.0 out of 5 stars If it wasn`t chocolately, I`d struggle to eat it
Published 10 months ago by Little Cat Voom

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally Delicious and Nutritious too, 22 Feb 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This cereal is absolutely fantastic!

Never a fan of Alpen before, I'm now converted.

I've never been a fan of muesli, or Weetabix, or any similar so-called healthier options, but this I love.

As well as that, it feels you're just the right type of full after a medium bowl of this, not weighed down in the least.

I also find it doesn't go mushy and unappetising when left for a few minutes, which is a bonus.

Highly recommended for those with a sweet tooth, but looking for something a little bit more wholesome.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet, Chocolate Deliciousness, 3 Feb 2014
Crafty Marie "mariej30" (Cambs) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have a bit of a sweet tooth where cereals are concerned and this one really satisfies that craving with the addition of lovely dark chocolate curls which just make you want to dig your spoon in again and again!

If you don't like sweet cereals or chocolate then it's safe to say that you probably won't rate this too highly. But I love that Alpen have added in some chocolate to an already great cereal to make it that much better. The combination adds much more of a wow factor than most breakfast cereals can muster.

This one feels like you're eating a bit of luxury in the morning. Very good, very satisfying and it indulges those cravings. Yum. Definitely will get this one again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mighty Museli, 31 Dec 2013
RM/TM (UK.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Dark Chocolate Alpen is an interesting mix of ingredients that make you feel healthy and slightly naughty at one and the same time. Alpen has always been one of those 'first thing in the morning' foodstuffs that is good for you and yet you can't quite seem to eat it on a daily basis because you want something slightly more interesting - the addition of a small amount of dark chocolate curls is almost literally the icing on the cake. The taste of dark chocolate enables your taste buds to enjoy the breakfast experience while the traditional Alpen base alerts you to the fact that you are fuelling your body for the day with foodstuffs that are, on the whole, wholesome and satisfying. I'm not sure i'll be buying this all the time, but it certainly gives breakfast an interesting edge that is missing from most healthy cereals.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sweet variation, 12 Jan 2014
Cheshire Cat (Warrington, Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We use sugar free Alpen regularly and the addition of the chocolate to the 'normal' Alpen was a pleasant change, if perhaps a little too sweet for us to use on a daily basis but as an irregular change from the normal, we would and will happily have it.

Health wise, it is slightly up on all the normal measures of sugar and calories compared to standard Alpen albeit this is much more than the sugar free version.

The chocolate curls seemed to hide in the lower part of the bag but,as with all muesli products, a good shake before serving evened up the distribution.

Good product for those wanting a change from the bland everyday muesli.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 July 2014
This review is from: Alpen Chocolate 625 g (Pack of 6) (Grocery)
We love this Alpen - chocolate. My daughter sometimes has 3 bowls a day.

5.0 out of 5 stars The great Alpen taste with the subtle addition of chocolate shavings, 20 Feb 2014
Vinman666 (Essex, U.K.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The addition of dark chocolate shavings to Alpen adds a subtle chocolate flavour to the recognisable Alpen taste. I'm not a huge fan of dark chocolate, preferring milk, but I think it actually works better with the muesli than milk chocolate would.

If you don't like Alpen normally, then this might not be enough to change your mind but otherwise it's a great addition to the range.

4.0 out of 5 stars A nicer tasting muesli, 16 Feb 2014
Bantam Dave (Bradford, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've never been overly keen on muesli. I find it far too dry and whenever I eat it I cannot help but imagine that I am consuming the sweepings up from the bottom of a hamster cage. For that reason I never eat the raisins. I can’t deny though that muesli is extremely nutritious and filling and probably can’t be beaten if you are looking for a quick to prepare but healthy breakfast. I was surprised to hear about Alpen with dark chocolate then; it sounded good but didn't the adding of chocolate destroy the purpose of muesli - wasn't it a bit like a salad with sliced Mars Bar? Having tried it I can confirm that the chocolate certainly improves the eating experience. Whilst the overall texture remains the same the dark, sweetness of the chocolate permeates through the product and gives it a much more pleasant taste whilst in the mouth. The chocolate itself is in small brittle slithers and the quantity included is just about right because whilst they improve the flavour they do not overpower it.

I quite liked Alpen Chocolate and I look forward to trying a bowlful with the addition of a few fresh, diced strawberries in the summer-time as I suspect that that combination could be something special.

3.0 out of 5 stars If it wasn`t chocolately, I`d struggle to eat it, 24 Jan 2014
Little Cat Voom (The middle of England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I wondered if this might change my mind on Alpen, as I remember it being a bit of a breakfast nemesis from childhood; and I still think the texture is quite nasty. But at least the flavour has improved massively, due to the addition of chocolately bits. I`m more likely now, at 38, to take into account that this is good for me, but not so much that I`ll eat it without the chocolate!

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good, 23 Jan 2014
Claretta (London, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My husband is an Alpen fiend and eats it every day without fail, although I find it a bit bland. At first sight the Chocolate Alpen looked disappointing - just like normal Alpen, but with a few added choc chips. The taste, though, was really good; I'm not quite sure what they've done to the recipe, but the chocolate definitely improves it and I'll be buying this again.

4.0 out of 5 stars personal choice, 23 Jan 2014
Mr. Pj Williams (cardiff uk) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
if you buy museli for the taste then its one to try out, deffinatly adds another dimension to it, which will be down to personal tatse if you think its a good one, personaly I think it made it more palatable to me but Im sure others will disagree. to those buying museli fr a healthier lifestyle then I dont have to tell you chocolate is probably not the way to go

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Alpen Chocolate 625 g (Pack of 6)