5.0 out of 5 stars Epson winner again
Opened the box, plugged it in, and away it went, what you would expect from an Epson printer, got two of them now, one at home and one in the office.
Published 8 months ago by Stephen Nichols

1.0 out of 5 stars Three Failed Epsons
This printer was to replace my 10 year old printer to match the print quality and speed provide of my old printer and additionally provide me a WiFi connection and a scanner.

Published 6 months ago by Jim Bunton

5.0 out of 5 stars Epson winner again, 11 Nov 2013
This review is from: Epson Expression Home XP-212 All-In-One Printer with Wi-Fi (Accessory)

5.0 out of 5 stars epson xp 312 great printer, 13 Feb 2014
Mr. M. Thomas (uk) - See all my reviews
just received printer today. Easy to set up just follow the cd instructions was a bit wary on reviews of the Epson xp printers but there was no need. it was easy to set up prints are good maybe not the best in the world but for 50 pounds what do you expect. If you want to print every day things then this is a great printer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Three Failed Epsons, 19 Dec 2013

I also hoped to have a pleasurable trip down memory lane. Many years ago now I had sterling service from Epson dot matrix printers churning through piles of tractor feed paper at what seemed then like an amazing speed. They sounded like demented bees for sure with those metal pins hitting a carbon tape at presumably the speed of a bees wings but that's dot matrix printing!

So out of the box, connect to my PC (Windows XP) with a USB cable and the installation went fine. Sure Epson don't provide a USB cable but I've accumulated several over the years.

And so to print. Disappointment! The colour print quality isn't as good as my old printer [which was by no means "top of the range"]. Went through the maintenance routines of checking the nozzles and alignment and cleaning the heads to no avail. Speed? Well to actually print a typical page I had an improvement over my 10 year old veteran but the whirring and clattering time before it actually got round to printing seemed interminable. So I took it back to the shop.

I provide some detail of my experience because I believe the shop was following the terms of their agreement with Epson on returned goods:-

"Ah - have you opened the print cartridges sir?"
"Well yes: how would I know about the print quality otherwise?"
"Because you've opened the cartridges there's nothing we can do sir."
I persisted and so the customers services man decided that he would "do a copy" of something to at least have a look at the print quality. I hadn't tried that. Out came a copy - in monochrome yellow - not in the least like the original.
"Ah you have emptied the print cartridges sir"
"No I haven't"
"Yes you have"
[several times]
"Ah well sir you'll have to buy a new set of cartridges for us to test. [that'll be 24.99]"
"No I won't"
[several times]
Customers services realised that they had another Epson in a cupboard behind the counter - that makes two returned Epsons today. - so they tried cartridges from that one. Press "copy" out comes the monochrome yellow copy again.
So they agree to refund me for the printer.

So just one star for the Epson Expression Home XP-212

I had a discussion with Epson about my problems. Their chat line support is free and they provide you with a typescript of it by email straight afterwards - very good. Its main problem is that it's office hours only so if you work that could be a bit of a problem.

The Epson XP605 Expression Premium with 5 print cartridges and their new Claria Premium Ink will they assure me provide a better print quality. I bought one just over a month ago- it's a disaster. It's back at the shop.

THAT'S THE THIRD FAILED EPSON - for more look at my review of it which I've also added to the XP-610 because this has now replaced the XP 605.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good printer, 15 Jan 2014
I found this printer fits all my needs and not at a bad price either. The set-up can be a little difficult but after you get round that it's an ideal printer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Repacement printer., 4 Jan 2014
Got this because my HP printer stopped working AGAIN! I bought an Epson scanner a while ago on Amazon and the quality of the build, packaging, posting and the scanning are all FAB.
Epson is well worth its money, I will not go back to HP for owt, eva agen!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars nice printer... but?, 17 May 2014
only got mine up & running yesterday. what a lovely printer. great colours and crystal clear writing.
ok, it's a bit plastic in places but it works fine. ideal for all home use. great value for around 50.
the set up is easy. .until I got to the loading paper bit, there is a sliding mechanism inside the printer which has to be pulled over to the left hand side to guide the paper when printing. this took me a while to sort out, but apart from that it was quite easy to set up.
only printed off my pc so far, but it was so easy.. just find your photo or whatever on your pc, right click on mouse.. it says print..left click and away the printer goes all by itself.. magic.
not the quickest at printing, but who cares, it works wonderfully.
I got a 1.8 metre usb cable to attatch to my pc which was simple but you can go down the Wi-Fi route too.
I cant write enough good things about this printer.
I've also bought extra refill inks which were VERY cheap, as I'm sure the ones that came with the printer won't last forever.
how long will it last? who knows. but for now it's just brilliant.
for anyone who wants a printer for home use..GO OUT & BUY THIS PRINTER.
1 month in, had to change one colour ink. printer doesn't want to accept it. can't use the printer in b&w mode either, so very disappointed. what should be a simple job has now become a nightmare.
my options, send printer to be looked at/repaired, nearest Epson repair centre is 40 miles away, or drive there with it.
cost of postage there & back, around 40, so not an option, as I could almost buy a new printer for that money.
so, an 80 mile round trip with a possible hours wait before anyone even looks at it.
needless to say, I am now VERY UNHAPPY about the whole situation.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, 5 May 2014
This is a 'tinny' printer, not really up to private use even. It feels fragile, takes ages to print, won't take compatible cartridges - printer refuses to print and you cannot bypass it. (Ok, I know you're not supposed to use them, but have never had problems with them with other makes in 20 years) .
Very unimpressed with it. An expensive mistake for me, but I won't buy an epson again.

1.0 out of 5 stars stopped working, 2 May 2014
it's stopped working after just a few months. it no longer recognises that the cartridges are in properly. it is really annoying and is just sat in the corner now. i expect ill just throw it away when i prepare the study for painting. very disappointed and Epson are useless.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, 12 April 2014
It was fine when I first got it but after a few weeks it's suddenly not accepting card stock. Since I bought it for card making, it's currently useless to me. Quite gutted to be honest.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent printer, 18 Jan 2014
High quility prints and navigation however the installation is difficult in order to connect it via wi-fi. Overall high recommend