on 27 November 2013
I am so glad i bought this printer, it's quick and really easy to install and wifi is quick and easy to use. It's lovely having not to connect your laptop to the printer each time. Print from another room. The printing quality is brilliant and scans really well. The ink is cheaper than most printers too. Great buy
0Comment|197 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 March 2014
I did not buy this on Amazon - I needed it quick, that day, so paid a tenner more at the local Argos. The price on Amazon is an absolute bargain for this printer. I have had an Epson 1290s A3 photo-quality printer for over 5 years and it "time-expired" on me, and I needed a quick replacement. This printer produces photographic prints on a par with the 1290, which cost £250, when printed on good quality semi-gloss paper. The text print on Tesco's cheapo inkjet paper is excellent. I had some problems setting the printer up - the enclosed CD stopped loading after 10 seconds and Windows said it could do nothing. I tried again - same fault. So I followed the alternative set-up procedure, using the printer screen and literally I was up and running within 5 minutes of plugging the printer in. That is no exaggeration, under 5 minutes. That includes setting up the Wi-Fi, which you can do through the printer screen - which is small, but still amazingly easy to use. So 6 minutes after plugging the printer in for the first time I produced a photo printed from my iPhone. The iPad works too. Photo quality from the ipad/phone is not fantastic on the cheap Tesco's paper. I haven't tried it on better paper yet. A Word document, sent as an attachment and printed from the iPhone printed exceptionally well, and the photos in it were much better than the straight photo print, even on cheap paper. And it prints text very fast. The printer is amazingly quiet - I used to be able to tell when printing was done from the living room. Now I have to go to the bedroom to check that is even happening. And, on top of it all, there is the scanner/copier - fast, efficient and quiet. There are SD/MS slots on the front of the printer so you don't even need to fire up your PC to print photos from a camera. Some reviews complain about the cost of ink - I have ordered three sets of cartridges through Amazon for £9.99. And these are the high capacity cartridges. That's a new set of four cartridges for £3.33. Time will tell if they work out of the box, and how this printer performs over time. So far, my opinion - this Epson printer deserves 10 stars, not 5.
11 comment|124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 September 2013
Fulfils all my requirements and is a nice neat model. Produces clear, crisp photocopies. Easy to use. Prefer to the Kodak printer which this is replacing.
0Comment|155 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 August 2014
Not happy at all with this printer, worked fine when first bought but if like me you don't need print very often don't buy this! The nozzles need cleaned if you are not regularly printing & even after that & running a whole black cartridge through, it still not printing all the print, it's rubbish! Epson customer service charge 10p per minute to speak too! Not a happy customer
on 28 November 2013
easy to follow set up instructions and to connect to wireless internet printing is easy with very good quality prints
0Comment|97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 January 2014
The printer itself seems more than reasonable for the price, the LCD screen makes for real ease of set up. However, the instructions that come with it are incredibly sparse! I would be wary if you yourself are not a technology genius because trying to set up the wireless features with my Macbook was a terrible experience. The instruction manual itself is not a manual. It's a fold out piece of paper with the most basic information on how to install the cartridges and turn it on. When you get to the wireless settings however, there is absolutely nothing.

The customer service is NOT OKAY at all; it costs 10p a minute to phone Epson's customer service helpline and it took 5 minutes to even get through to a human being. I explained that I couldn't set up wireless scanning and rather than taking you through the steps to get it working, Epson ask for your email so that they can send you straight back to their website where the instructions are entirely unclear.

I'm sure the product and printing is excellent but I bought this mainly for the scanner for my university work and it is so much hassle. Honestly so gutted at the quality of help for such a complicated product.

-EDIT-

I was really frustrated about this printer because in fairness, it was a pain to set up and the diagrams sucked. HOWEVER this printer works just fine and since setting it up, I haven't had too much trouble with it since, so I thought I would up the rating to 4/5. You can also use the cheap non-brand ink cartridges with this printer so running costs are pretty low which is always nice if you are on a student budget.
on 12 December 2013
My husband and I wanted a nice wireless printer to use with our phones, ipad, and other computers which wasn't too costly. We already own a Canon but found the inks to be quite expensive.
After a bit of research we opted for this one as it was very reasonably priced, looked good and looked relatively easy to use.
We received it yesterday and after reading a few reviews I felt we would be in for the long haul when setting it up. It took us a total of 5 minutes to be printing from the ipad!!!
It was extremely easy to understand and the longest part was probably removing the packaging!!! I have never ever been so pleased with a product. We are yet to install it on the laptop but so far we have printed from an android phone via the Epson app, an iphone (no app needed) and of course the ipad. We are using the inks supplied and the print quality is fantastic and clear. Connected to our wireless router using the clear lcd display and so far so good!!!
11 comment|184 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 November 2013
This printer is a really great and for the money is amazing value and worth every penny and it beats other brands I've used that have been more expensive. The ink you can purchase for good price in supermarkets and retail stores and would recommend this printer to anyone who's thinking of buying.

Epson have excellent software and easy to understand and actually in my opinion beats most other brands. The settings are easy to understand and can be played about with to prolong ink and make last longer.

Why pay over £100 when you can get the things you want for less, this is what most people want these days for their money to go further.
0Comment|163 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 August 2014
I bought this to print address labels as my old 670 did without issue. When trying to print individual labels, the feeder slips on the backing sheet. When contacting Epson I was informed the printer does not print labels, and I should have contacted them before purchase to confirm what I considered to be a basic function.

I attempted to leave a review on the Epson site to inform others of this drawback as it is not listed in the specification. I then received an email to tell me I had breached their guidelines and they would not be publishing my review. I hadn't breached any of their published guidelines, so it looks like Epson cherry picks their reviews.

I feel that a printer that can't print labels is basically unfit for purpose, so I will be taking this further.

If you want to print individual address labels then please do not purchase this printer. The after sales service from Epson has also been surprisingly poor.
on 30 November 2013
I absolutely recommend purchasing this printer. Bought from a retail store rather than amazon as I was in desperate need and couldn't wait for delivery! Straight out of the box and installed the ink following instructions with no problems. 10 minutes later and I was printing from both my macbook pro and my iPhone with no problems! Super impressed at the ease of setup and for those reviewers who say that the printer does not allow the use of AirPrint this is not true! Simply found my wireless network on the printer screen, connected it, then selected 'print via AirPrint' in my settings on my mac and hey presto we were away! Downloaded the free epson iprint app to my iPhone too and within minutes was wirelessly printing from my emails on there.

Have not yet printed photos but I have no doubt that the printer will excel at that too. Very Very happy with my purchase and certainly recommend it to anyone who has apple products that they would like quick and simple printing from!

5 stars is well deserved!