5.0 out of 5 stars great printer
I am so glad i bought this printer, it's quick and really easy to install and wifi is quick and easy to use. It's lovely having not to connect your laptop to the printer each time. Print from another room. The printing quality is brilliant and scans really well. The ink is cheaper than most printers too. Great buy
Published 8 months ago by miss a. l dare

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok printer but few words of warning
Hi just bought this printer because it was on special offer. It seems to print okay, scan, work over WIFI etc reasonably well. However, it was a nightmare to install.

Published 6 months ago by Maria Thanigasalam

5.0 out of 5 stars great printer, 27 Nov 2013
This review is from: Epson Expression Home XP-312 All-In-One Printer with Wi-Fi/Epson Connect (Accessory)

5.0 out of 5 stars Epson Expression Home XP-312 All-in-One Printer, 29 Sep 2013
Fulfils all my requirements and is a nice neat model. Produces clear, crisp photocopies. Easy to use. Prefer to the Kodak printer which this is replacing.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, 28 Nov 2013
easy to follow set up instructions and to connect to wireless internet printing is easy with very good quality prints

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic item! If you are looking for a wireless printer, look no further!!!, 12 Dec 2013
My husband and I wanted a nice wireless printer to use with our phones, ipad, and other computers which wasn't too costly. We already own a Canon but found the inks to be quite expensive.
After a bit of research we opted for this one as it was very reasonably priced, looked good and looked relatively easy to use.
We received it yesterday and after reading a few reviews I felt we would be in for the long haul when setting it up. It took us a total of 5 minutes to be printing from the ipad!!!
It was extremely easy to understand and the longest part was probably removing the packaging!!! I have never ever been so pleased with a product. We are yet to install it on the laptop but so far we have printed from an android phone via the Epson app, an iphone (no app needed) and of course the ipad. We are using the inks supplied and the print quality is fantastic and clear. Connected to our wireless router using the clear lcd display and so far so good!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great printer for the connected family, 11 Dec 2013
I purchased this printer because of the fact it was a cheap wifi printer and so I wasn't really expecting much however when it arrived it was packaged well and it was an absolute breeze to set up.

I've set it up on all of the devices we have in the home and it makes it easier for us to print due to the wifi capabilities and now all homework, work related e-mails and vouchers can be printed without being in the same room as the machine. The printer also has an SD card slot which makes it easy to print photos straight from the card onto photo paper (Which saves me a bit of money instead of going into a shop to do this). The scanning features on the printer are also great as it crops the scan to the edges of the image and you can then transmit that image to the PC that you started the scanning process with instantly over the network. Only problem I've had is some original issues with making copies the right size.

I would certainly recommend that you pick up this printer if you're in the market for a wifi printer or you're looking for a printer to serve multiple PCs or the whole family. 5/5

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Machine for the money - Highly recommended, 13 Nov 2013
This printer is a really great and for the money is amazing value and worth every penny and it beats other brands I've used that have been more expensive. The ink you can purchase for good price in supermarkets and retail stores and would recommend this printer to anyone who's thinking of buying.

Epson have excellent software and easy to understand and actually in my opinion beats most other brands. The settings are easy to understand and can be played about with to prolong ink and make last longer.

Why pay over 100 when you can get the things you want for less, this is what most people want these days for their money to go further.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good printer, 14 Sep 2013
bought this to replace a Kodak aio and found this to be a lot easier and quieter than the Kodak, good printing and good photo's a nice compact printer would recommend

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok printer but few words of warning, 30 Jan 2014

I inserted the set up disc and followed all the instructions, all went fine until I was asked to set up via WIFI or via the USB (use a cable to connect instead of wirelessly). I selected WIFI but hit a stumbling block when I was asked to press the WPS button on my router. My BT home hub 3 doesn't have this button (I searched the BT forums and I think that only home hub 4 onwards has this button). The Epson instructions tell you how to by pass the WPS button if you don't have one, but it is all techie and for dumbsters like me it was beyond my capabilities. (My husband did it in the end as he works in IT). Secondly, once I got over that hurdle, the next problem was that the network could not find the printer. When we tried to ping the printer, it kept saying that the host was unreachable. This was when my husband and I started searching the Epson web pages and forums for help. We discovered in the end that for our computer (Windows Vista) and laptop (Windows 7) we should NOT install the latest drivers from Epson website (unclick this option when you get to this bit on the set up disc); and to temporarily disable the firewall. Finally, the install worked - only, at the very end of the install process, it failed to connect the printer several times and I tried about ten times before it worked. My husband surmises that the connecting bit is slow so it keeps coming back as failed to connect.

Another thing to note, this printer doesn't support Airprint. So all those with Apple products and want the easy to use Airprint functionality, you have use Epson's print app instead - which is not at all user friendly. While we were on the forums, users also moaned about how quickly the ink cartridges get used up. I realised that I should have dug further into all the reviews at Amazon before purchasing instead of just reading the top five, which were unanimously good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant printer, quick and easy set up, more than happy!, 30 Nov 2013
I absolutely recommend purchasing this printer. Bought from a retail store rather than amazon as I was in desperate need and couldn't wait for delivery! Straight out of the box and installed the ink following instructions with no problems. 10 minutes later and I was printing from both my macbook pro and my iPhone with no problems! Super impressed at the ease of setup and for those reviewers who say that the printer does not allow the use of AirPrint this is not true! Simply found my wireless network on the printer screen, connected it, then selected 'print via AirPrint' in my settings on my mac and hey presto we were away! Downloaded the free epson iprint app to my iPhone too and within minutes was wirelessly printing from my emails on there.

Have not yet printed photos but I have no doubt that the printer will excel at that too. Very Very happy with my purchase and certainly recommend it to anyone who has apple products that they would like quick and simple printing from!

5 stars is well deserved!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional Printer, 29 Mar 2014
I did not buy this on Amazon - I needed it quick, that day, so paid a tenner more at the local Argos. The price on Amazon is an absolute bargain for this printer. I have had an Epson 1290s A3 photo-quality printer for over 5 years and it "time-expired" on me, and I needed a quick replacement. This printer produces photographic prints on a par with the 1290, which cost 250, when printed on good quality semi-gloss paper. The text print on Tesco's cheapo inkjet paper is excellent. I had some problems setting the printer up - the enclosed CD stopped loading after 10 seconds and Windows said it could do nothing. I tried again - same fault. So I followed the alternative set-up procedure, using the printer screen and literally I was up and running within 5 minutes of plugging the printer in. That is no exaggeration, under 5 minutes. That includes setting up the Wi-Fi, which you can do through the printer screen - which is small, but still amazingly easy to use. So 6 minutes after plugging the printer in for the first time I produced a photo printed from my iPhone. The iPad works too. Photo quality from the ipad/phone is not fantastic on the cheap Tesco's paper. I haven't tried it on better paper yet. A Word document, sent as an attachment and printed from the iPhone printed exceptionally well, and the photos in it were much better than the straight photo print, even on cheap paper. And it prints text very fast. The printer is amazingly quiet - I used to be able to tell when printing was done from the living room. Now I have to go to the bedroom to check that is even happening. And, on top of it all, there is the scanner/copier - fast, efficient and quiet. There are SD/MS slots on the front of the printer so you don't even need to fire up your PC to print photos from a camera. Some reviews complain about the cost of ink - I have ordered three sets of cartridges through Amazon for 9.99. And these are the high capacity cartridges. That's a new set of four cartridges for 3.33. Time will tell if they work out of the box, and how this printer performs over time. So far, my opinion - this Epson printer deserves 10 stars, not 5.