5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for occasional printing
My parents needed a basic, cheap and uncomplicated printer for occasional use. After reading many reviews and weighing up the ink costs, I decided to order the HP Deskjet 1010 from Amazon. I ordered an additional XL black cartridge too so we were prepared for when the "starter cartridges" run out. After printing off quite a few documents, the starter ink is still...
Published 8 months ago by MR JOSEPH E GARBUTT

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy, not even if really cheap!
Good points:
* Cheap
* Reasonable print quality

Bad points
* Software and drivers
* Often prints 1" of first page then stops locking up printer queue
* Continually defaults to Letter size instead of A4
* Tons of useless bloatware HP add-ons installed
* Cartridges supplied contain virtually no ink, will last only a few...
Published 9 months ago by Comical Engineer

5.0 out of 5 stars Good basic printer, 15 Jun 2014
This review is from: HP Deskjet 1010 Colour Printer (Accessory)
I wanted a simple printer that would hook into my PC to do basic printing jobs. This was easy to install and prints beautifully.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 15 Jun 2014
This review is from: HP Deskjet 1010 Colour Printer (Accessory)
Dose what it says on the box so easy to use easy to set up and store away nice printer

5.0 out of 5 stars HP Deskjet 1010 Printer, 30 May 2014
This review is from: HP Deskjet 1010 Colour Printer (Accessory)
It did exactly as was promised. Had a Epson wireless printer before and it gave nothing but problems, so it is great to have a printer that actually works.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 28 May 2014
J. M. Taylor "Kungka Jo" (Newbury, Berkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HP Deskjet 1010 Colour Printer (Accessory)
I needed a second printer for a specific job which my beast of an all in one Epsom couldn't do, printing on transparency sheets.
I purchased this as a light weight basic printer and couldn't be happier. It folds up very neatly so I can put it away in the cupboard when not in use. It doesn't have any networking capabilities, but for the price frankly I couldn't care less.
Cartridges last reasonably well and are not too expensive to replace (compared to the beast anyway), and also come in XL sizes which last even longer and are even cheaper. Oh and unlike the beast, they are also recyclable, so I can also do my bit.
It does just the job for the transparencies I need and I've also used it for printing letters and flyers with photos and am really happy with the results.

5.0 out of 5 stars great little printer!, 22 April 2014
This review is from: HP Deskjet 1010 Colour Printer (Accessory)
This is a smashing little printer: very light and easy to store. I found it relatively easy to set up (I'm a technophobe!) and the print quality is excellent - I was expecting a bit of a 'chug chug' action, but it fairly shoots out the pages. If you want a nice, basic printer I can really recommend this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 12 April 2014
This review is from: HP Deskjet 1010 Colour Printer (Accessory)
Wanted a cheap no frills printer for occasional use and Which? reckons this uses very little ink when used infrequently. Only time will tell but it was easy enough to set up. Didn't use the CD driver because my AppleMac automatically downloads drivers for a range of modern printers. Just had to set the default printer in Tools. So up and running very quickly and if it still works in a year I'll give it an extra star and that will be a good result for me. I've got three old printers in the garage waiting to be thrown away.

5.0 out of 5 stars HP Printer, 10 April 2014
This review is from: HP Deskjet 1010 Colour Printer (Accessory)
Does exactley what it says on the tin,prints perfecteley without any fuss or hoo ha. Easy to install and changing the inks is a breeze.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite good, 10 April 2014
This review is from: HP Deskjet 1010 Colour Printer (Accessory)
I like the fact the HP printer is a lot quicker than my old Epson, but I am disappointed with it's printing of scanned documents. I have to scan my Radio Times Crossword amongst others, to enable me to enlarge and read the clues, but I find whereas the Epson printout was nice and sharp, the HP printer 'ghosts', i.e. is will print a 3 with another 3 a little below. making it even more difficult to read. Such a pity, otherwise I love it and the easy access to replacing ink cartridges.
I did not find it easy to set up and after two days trying had to have professional help in the end, some of it had to be done on-line. Why can't they stick to the simple way of just providing a disc that will do the job with no complications.
Margaret Davis.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good printer and easy to install, 10 April 2014
This review is from: HP Deskjet 1010 Colour Printer (Accessory)
HP has a good reputation and previous purchases have been very good so that is why I chose this printer

4.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly!, 7 April 2014
Mr. P. A. Bennington (North Yorks, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HP Deskjet 1010 Colour Printer (Accessory)
This printer worked exactly as expected and does its job. I would have given it a 5* rating if it had also included a USB cable (luckily I had read other reviews beforehand so knew that this had to be purchased separately)

HP Deskjet 1010 Colour Printer