Format: Audio CDChange

on 31 July 2013
I'm an avid fan of all things Ginger and, while it's a difficult to compile my favourite albums from his vast back catalogue, Hey! Hello! has very quickly shot up the list.

If there's one thing Ginger can do as well as any songwriter I've heard, it's write a hook. That's what I've always loved about his songwriting, the message in his lyrics getting under your skin so much more effectively because they're wrapped around these incredibly catchy melodies. All ten of these songs are completely inundated with great hooks. Big shiny ones, at that.

There's nothing particularly technical going on with the instrumentation, but there doesn't need to be. It's solid. Ginger plays every instrument on the record, and is joined on vocals by the lovely and talented Victoria Liedtke who adds substantially to Hey! Hello!'s charm.

Highlights for me include Black Valentine, Why Can't I Be Me Without You?, I'm Gonna Kiss You Like I'm Going Away, and We're Outta Here. They're all highlights, really. The album currently sits deservedly at #1 on the UK album charts. Go geddit.
on 31 July 2013
I'm not going to hang around - I've been a fan of Ginger's music since the early 90's bit he's really kicked things up a gear recently and this little slice of pop-rock sunshine might just be one of his finest moments yet.

It's just crammed right to the top with the catchiest ear-worms, chunky riffs and cheeky lyrics that is hard to believe that this is Ginger's sixth record in a year! But he's not alone on this venture; helping him out with those sunbeams is Victoria Liedtke, who's voice perfectly compliments the Geordie Ginger one.

This deserves to be at the top of everyone's 'best of' album lists this year because I can't think of anything else that comes close.
on 31 July 2013
Ginger will be a legend. In two hundred years time, his cd's will be pulled out of the ashes. And like artists, question will be asked. Why wasn't he more popular in his time? He's one of the best songwriters of our generation. Every review - fan or professional - states the same.

The answer is simple. Mr Ginger, you've got to cut your ear off!
on 31 July 2013
Ginger Wildheart is a man who CANNOT write a bad song and here we have ten of his catchiest tunes - he plays guitar, bass, drums and also sings, aided by the dulcet tones of the adorably bonkers Victoria Liedtke. Do your ears a favour and buy this album, they'll thank you for it.
on 29 October 2013
How easy would it be for us all to take Ginger for granted? Well, this stunningly engaging and instantly recognizable latest release from him brightly burns its irresistible track into the psyche. It makes life better. No. You can't take him for granted, even after all these years of perpetual scintillating originality....his work is always hotly anticipated and devoured...at least in our house....probably yours too. See you. I'm off to play it again.
on 22 July 2013
A great record. Ought to be the soundtrack to your summer! Big guitars, singalong choruses and superb harmonies throughout. Even ends with a fanfare to thank you for listening.
on 2 March 2014
When I first saw the CD advertised, I originally thought it was a album by one of the other members of The Wildhearts, who I have nothing against, but I do have to budget my money when purchasing music, but wasn't till I read a review of the album that I realise it was his nibs himself.
Anyhow, enough of that fascinating anecdote, this record does remind be a little of "The Wildhearts must be destroyed", it quite a commercial sounding album, but still rock & roll.
What adds an extra dimension the songs is Victoria Liedke vocals, which really blend well with Gingers, to offer something new & bright to his already massive musical cannon.
Most of the tracks offer a positive message (most), which gives the record a nice "don't' scrutinise the music too much, just enjoy", which you need on occasion (not every album has to change the world).
You also receive a fee "Black Valentine" single, which has two none album B-sides (that's one for the kids!), "Wacky Women" & "She's a Beauty", great sassy rock song, with Victoria on lead vocals.
So a highly enjoyable album, a as with all of Gingers extra-curricular activities, he puts 100% effort in making it the best record he can.
review image review image
on 3 August 2013
From an artist who's high output during the last 18 months, this album is a piece of the genius we know him to be. Every track is a bonafide summer sing along classic, from the summer rush of swimwear through to the visceral attack on modern music of How I Survived The Punk Wars this is all killer no filler and Ginger's voice blends so well with Victoria's that I hope we will see more from Hey! Hello!
on 31 July 2013
This album has quite simply become the soundtrack to my summer! It's full of ripping riffs, pop-punk vocals, huge harmonies and saccharine-sweet melodies. I you want your sunshine represented aurally, this is the album to do it!

Also - this album was completely fan-funded. No major record labels involved, so help support proper indie music and buy this. You.Will.Not.Be.Disappointed. :o)
on 22 July 2013
Quite simply a brilliant record. Singalong pop/rock doesn't get any better than this. I hope this isn't a one off for Hey! Hello! 36mins just isn't enough!