5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap monitor with a matte bonus
Monitor is very thin, and looks great so far, it also came with a MATTE SCREEN, which seems to be impossible to find these days and is great for anyone who isn't interested in buying a 100 quid desk mounted mirror. Don't know why this isn't advertised in large bold flashing letters, but it was a nice surprise.
Published 9 months ago by Stephen Henderson

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well with Windows 7 and Intel HD (integrated) graphics
Unfortunately, I was forced to buy another monitor as my trusty Samsung T200 was not compatible with my new Zoostorm PC.
Everything was stretched, left to right - this was especially obvious with circles, which appeared egg-shaped!
Published 6 months ago by ccman

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap monitor with a matte bonus, 5 Feb 2014
This review is from: Acer G226HQLHBD 21.5-inch Monitor 16:9 FHD 8 ms 100M:1 A 250 nits VA LED DVI w/HDCP Acer EcoDisplay (Personal Computers)

5.0 out of 5 stars Forget 5/5 this is 10/10, 7 Mar 2014
This is hands down the BEST monitor I have ever come across for this price (I build, install and maintain computer systems for a living). You cannot go wrong with this unit, great colour and input selection, if you need a cheap full 1080p monitor BUY THIS ONE - you will not find a better one for the same money, trust me - I spent weeks trying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Acer G226HQLHBD Monitor., 13 Dec 2013
Bought 2 of these Monitors for my Sons. One Son already has one & wants to pair it up with the new one so he can have 2 screens running at the same time. He was so impressed with the first one that it was a no-brainer really to get another for him. My other Son has just got a Gaming Computer & it also seemed logical to get the same Monitor for him. Well impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't Buy Anything Else., 6 July 2014
R. F. Baker (London, England) - See all my reviews
I trawled through a large number of monitors before deciding upon this one. The clinchers were matt screen as per my old monitor, TV and laptop (who wants to look in the mirror all day?), full 1080 X 1920 resolution, size, and the ACER name.

My old monitor is LED too, but a lowly 15" 4 X 3 aspect. I wasn't expecting much except for a bigger more-of-the-same. So, all plugged in and ready to go. I pushed the little 'on' button on the front of the unit and... nothing. Ten minutes later, I gave up in despair. Until a stroke of sheer genius hit me. I reached under the unit and found all the buttons (who's laughing...). Then, WOW! This glorious vision burst into life, brilliant white, and black so dark I could get lost in it. A real revelation - I thought my last monitor was good, but this one, oh cor! Definition is superb, no hint of fuzziness at all anywhere.

The icing on the cake was also that my faithful old steam-driven XP computer actually has a 1080 X 1920 setting, so I am able to take full advantage of this wonderful piece of kit. Five stars all the way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 6 Feb 2014
A beautiful crisp, clear picture, a matte screen, and it doesn't break the bank (in fact, I got it for £83, I see the price has gone up!). I bought this for my son but I'm sorely tempted to buy one for myself.

4.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 17 Mar 2014
Easy to set up, worked straight from the box. A great value monitor, does the job perfectly at a low price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well with Windows 7 and Intel HD (integrated) graphics, 7 May 2014
ccman (South Staffordshire, England) - See all my reviews
(And yes, I tried everything, including changing umpteen settings and many e-mails to/from Zoostorm and Samsung, without finding a solution, even via Google...)

The Acer monitor was reasonably priced and, as always, arrived promptly and well-packed - well done Amazon!

It is certainly not as attractive looking as the Samsung - and the instructions are absolute rubbish!!

But the resolution is OK and circles are circular!! Also, it is very light, so would sit happily on a desktop (i.e. horizontal) PC, which saves space and brings it up to a better height, also.

One piece of advice: The stand IS adjustable to tip the screen backwards and forwards (15 and 5 degrees, respectively, I think). But it is VERY stiff, so not easy to do - and not recommended to do it with the monitor attached!

Overall, this is OK for the price; does the job, but nothing special, I would say.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 20 Feb 2014
This monitor has a very good resolution for HD displays and has a matte screen which prevents reflections! Perfect for my new build!

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid at all costs., 17 Nov 2014
Avoid at all costs. Absolutely terrible monitor.

I own an Acer G226HQLHBD and an Acer V193W from 2008.

The new model ghosts/trails significantly. Both have 5ms response time and 60hz displays. They both use twisted nematic film technology and have identical states besides monitor size. The Acer G226HQLHBD is a lower quality monitor. It is not suitable for games or films and the ghosting/trails it leaves are visible even while browsing the internet.

I have contacted Acer twice and it has been to their repair center twice. Both times the technical team could find no fault with the monitor. On the second return I wrote a letter at length explaining how to diagnose this issue including website links. It came back in the same condition.

This only leads me to believe that Acer are producing significantly lower quality products than they were previously. I expected them to immediately fix or replace this glaring issue but apparently it is "normal" for this model.

Avoid at all costs.

2.0 out of 5 stars misleading, 2 Mar 2014
ads "ads" (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews
It said it had a hdmi but didn't, so I had to buy a converter, thus the description was misleading