4.0 out of 5 stars Good modern radio friendly country
Published 13 months ago by Musicfan

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly Disappointing (although I hate to admit it!)
Published 11 months ago by Carlow2403

4.0 out of 5 stars Good modern radio friendly country, 13 Aug 2013
Musicfan (Somerset, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Crash My Party (Audio CD)
I like Luke Bryan and to date have enjoyed all his albums and this one keeps up a high standard of modern radio friendly pop country. It has the usual collecton of songs featuring pick up trucks, parties and beer. He seems to have developed a liking for party songs! This album kicks of with a rocker "Thats my kind country" which is good start. Other highlights include Crash My Party. Luke Bryan is usually involved in writing a high percentage of the songs on his album and they are usually good songs. In that respect, this CD is a little disappointing as it only features a coupel of his own songs. It is probably the most commercial radio friendly album he has made. I can see a number of songs going down well at the stadium gigs. The songs are good, there is nothing to skip over. He is in and has great voice. He seems to be going from strength ot strength and I hope that continues to be the case. For me, this is not the best of his albums (my opinion!) but a good listen non the less. If you like modern country of Toby Keith or Kenny Chesney or Zac brown or Brad Paisley or the like, you will probably enjoy this album. Recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly Disappointing (although I hate to admit it!), 2 Oct 2013
This review is from: Crash My Party (Audio CD)
Am a huge Luke Bryan fan and have all his other albums BUT this new one just doesn't quite live up to expectations. There are some good songs but I find the majority of the album is distinctly average. I couldn't wait to listen to the new album but I hate to admit that it's not a patch on his last album. It really, really grieves me to give a lukewarm review but after listening to the album several times, I still feel the same!

4.0 out of 5 stars Probably his best...or maybe not!, 12 Sep 2013
This review is from: Crash My Party (Dlx) (Audio CD)
OK let's get the dreadful 'deluxe edition' garbage out of the way first, this is something that is really annoying me about the current state of the music business. This is blatant 'trying to make more money' and not about art! Several artists these days are now releasing more than one 'deluxe edition', making deals etc., this is why Keith Urban released an 8 track album a few years ago, the normal 10-11 album was a deal made for extra tracks (when was an 11 track album extra tracks!). It's getting out of hand!

Luke Bryan has really found his groove with this album, it's difficult for country artists to sound different or stand out, but Luke has done it, as soon as you hear a Luke Bryan song you know it can't be anyone else from the instrumentation. But there are times on this album where it does sound like 'Luke by numbers', many songs do sound very similar! But he's still new and he can get away with it, for the moment.

There are many good songs on the album, many choices for country radio to take to the top of the charts, 2 songs already have, the title track and 'That's my kind of night'. 'Roller coaster' would be my next choice. 'I See you' and 'Dirt road diary' stand out. All the bonus tracks are good, it's odd that 3 are up-tempo and would have fitted nicely on the standard edition and the final song 'Your mama should've named you Whiskey' is an album highlight. How they pick out which tracks should only be included on the 'deluxe edition' is beyond me. 'Play it again' to me is the weakest track and is extremely irritating!

The album has already sold more than half a million in the states, not easy these days. Well worth buying even if you are not just a country fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome amazing, 13 Aug 2013
This review is from: Crash My Party (Audio CD)
I was a bit apprehensive after hearing the single My Kinda Night. I was worried Luke was commercialising and steering away from his roots. I needn't have worried. I do like My Kinda Night it gets me dancing but would not have liked a whole album of it. The rest of the album is just Luke and what he does best

5.0 out of 5 stars for any country fan, 30 May 2014
This review is from: Crash My Party (MP3 Download)
this is great album and is full of great songs. I'm not a fan of traditional country with banjos etc but Luke's style of music is fantastic. I own all of his albums and i love each and every one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent CD, 13 Feb 2014
This review is from: Crash My Party (Dlx) (Audio CD)
Love this CD, love all his music. Good price for a deluxe edition, had to wait a while in the post but it did come in the specified time period but I was being impatient to receive it as items normally arrive fairly quickly but not complaining!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 7 Feb 2014
This review is from: Crash My Party (Dlx) (Audio CD)
Luke at his best. A mix of country and rock that has everything. I have loved all his records, this one is just another example of what great music he still has to come. Can't wait to see one of his shows, they look amazing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab album!, 3 Feb 2014
This review is from: Crash My Party (Audio CD)
Bought for myself for Christmas. Although there are some slower ones, most of the songs are upbeat and make you want to dance and sing along! Country with a good bit of rock. Come and tour the UK Luke and bring Jason Aldean with you....!

5.0 out of 5 stars a country music must have, 28 Nov 2013
Ronnie (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crash My Party (Dlx) (Audio CD)
thank goodness i waited to buy the deluxe edition! luke bryan definitely knows what it means to be a country singer. dirty road diary is probably my favourite song, even though i think the whole album is pretty much amazing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crashing his party!!, 3 Nov 2013
This review is from: Crash My Party (Audio CD)
I had to order this CD from the States as it was not available in the UK so had to wait the required 3 weeks to receive it. It arrived exactly 3 weeks later and it was certainly worth the wait. A brilliant album!!!!

Crash My Party
Crash My Party by Luke Bryan (Audio CD)