5.0 out of 5 stars nice rat detector
Bought this to listen to my rats and mice, which I'm doing as I type, it's fascinating! Nice size and very nice price. Unfortunately the first one sent to me didn't work, but to Amazon's credit I sent it back at no cost to me (other than a bit of time and petrol) and it was replaced. Looking forward to detecting some bats in the summer.
Published 18 months ago by Ms. S. A. Osgood

3.0 out of 5 stars Something different & fun for the kids
Published 15 months ago by Teal

5.0 out of 5 stars nice rat detector, 21 Nov. 2013
Ms. S. A. Osgood (UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended!, 14 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Discovery Channel Ultrasonic Detector (Toy)
It looks like a toy, but it's a powerful ultrasonic detector, to "listen" bats, but also keys, coins etc. Easy to use, really funny for children, fascinating for adults.

3.0 out of 5 stars Something different & fun for the kids, 16 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Discovery Channel Ultrasonic Detector (Toy)
Bought this for my 6yr old nephew, who enjoyed listing to hair rustle, scratching of clothing & various things around the house. You can only do that for so long before we all became bored. I had put batteries in beforehand, because it doesn't come with any. You have to adjust the frequency & volume to hear different things, which he found a bit tricky to work out. No complaints with the actual product, it does what it should, just don't think its something that will be used more than a few times, so more of a novelty item.

5.0 out of 5 stars We were recommended this detector by our local bat group and it's ..., 9 Jan. 2015
S. Richardson (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Discovery Channel Ultrasonic Detector (Toy)
This is a first class bat detector. We were recommended this detector by our local bat group and it's a bargain (or at least it is at the £10 we paid for this rather than via resellers). My dad is very into wildlife, and the two of us went out bat detecting, him with his £100 professional model and me with this. My dad is notoriously difficult to impress, but he loved this. We picked up as many bats with this device as we did with his at a tenth of the cost. Other than missing a few high end features like led lights so you can read this at night this is a top quality piece of kit.

My dad has since purchased two of these and on demonstrating this at his local wildlife society was pleased to report back that one of the members, whose day job is as a bat scientist, purchased a further two, in order to bring along on bat walks she hosts.

In addition to the first class bat detecting abilities of this device, it also comes with a handy leaflet letting you know a number of other fun activities you can use this for. Try looking for rodents, listening to keys jangle, or the sound of fabric rubbing together. All fascinating.

A really good investment and an interesting and unusual present for any budding wildlife detectives.

5.0 out of 5 stars For my pet Rats, 7 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Discovery Channel Ultrasonic Detector (Toy)
I bought this to hear the ultrasonic sounds that my pet rats make, and it works great! Its awesome to be able to hear them, and I cant wait to let my other friends with rats use it and hear their babies as well. It took awhile to ship to the United States, but it was definitely worth it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product., 8 May 2014
This review is from: Discovery Channel Ultrasonic Detector (Toy)
Bought for an adult as birthday present. He was very impressed and, as he is a bit of a gadget man, that is praise indeed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cheap bat detector, 24 Aug. 2014
AdamT (Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Discovery Channel Ultrasonic Detector (Toy)
Brilliant little device for the money. Bought this for my son to explore his grandparents woodland garden and look for bats around dusk. Worked a charm! We detected 5 or 6 bats. The detection was clear on the 40khz setting and the range of the device was good enough to track the chirps the device picks up from them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 10 Mar. 2014
Mr. Timothy Gibbons (Edinburgh) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Discovery Channel Ultrasonic Detector (Toy)
Yet to try it for Bats as still too early in year but my daughter loves it, tested using keys etc. She is itching to try it for Bat detecting and listening to grasshopper and crickets too. Very good value but educational too. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great educational toy, 17 Sept. 2013
J. Anson (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Discovery Channel Ultrasonic Detector (Toy)
Does exactly what it says on the box, picking up a range of ultrasonic noises. We played around with the settings, and found it best to start with it adjusted to about 40 KHz, which allowed us to listen to pins dropping, keys jangling etc. It's surprising just how much ultrasonic noise is out there. We have bats in our garden, so we'll be listening out for those next. Good for kids and adults alike.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun for adults too, 18 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Discovery Channel Ultrasonic Detector (Toy)
I bought this as a cheap way of listening to my pet rats - bat detectors are normally much more expensive, so I was very happy with the price of this product. It has been brilliant to listen to my rats' (usually) inaudible squeaks. The microphone is sensitive enough, the volume is definitely load enough. It is a bit chunky, but that is hardly an issue for the price. Very happy, it has been perfect for my uses.

Discovery Channel Ultrasonic Detector