4.0 out of 5 stars Although this book did have my hated multi-first-person POVs, 11 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Dreamscape (Netherworld Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
(I received a free copy of this book in exchange for a review).

(This review may contain spoilers).

Although this book did have my hated multi-first-person POVs, I actually did find this book to be a really easy read. The blurb of this sounded really interesting - I've always been intrigued by plots that focus heavily on the dreams.

The romance in this book was a little hit and miss for me. On the one hand, I felt that Amelia's reactions to Seth's clear attraction towards her made sense, given her upbringing and her past. At the same time, I did feel that Seth was a bit too much obsessed with her. There's a moment where he comments about taking a while for relationships to grow and I just couldn't help thinking, 'Why isn't the immortality thing applied to you and Amelia?'

I did find the dreamscape a really intriguing idea. I was fascinated by the concept of the different worlds and it was also interesting to see the origin story of the Erebos, though I wasn't entirely sure what their relationship was with their hosts. I couldn't entirely understand how much they controlled.

The hints of Seth's past were interesting, particularly the small parts of information about Rhea. I would have liked to see more of the past events, either in flashbacks or a bit more detail. Given the importance of Jason, I felt there really should have been more of his interactions with Amelia.

I liked the variety of different types of creatures there were in Seth's team, but I wasn't too keen on the way Amelia became the main focus. I do, however, think that there was enough training involved that meant Amelia didn't become completely skilled straight away. Although... I really disliked the use of black leather in the costumes.

I was particularly intrigued by Seth's relationship with his brothers, Ian and Peter in particular. I would have liked to see more focus on the family aspects and less on the romance. I think the book would have been stronger with that. The world building was definitely the stronger aspect, though, and the secondary characters were what made me give this book four stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 10 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Dreamscape (Netherworld Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Very good story. It takes you focused on their task like you can help in anyway. On other good book from Christie. I strongly recommend to read it. You won't be disappointed.

Dreamscape (Netherworld Series Book 1)