Top positive review
13 people found this helpful
Value for Money !
on 5 December 2015
I had been looking for a similarly styled and sized bag for ages but none fit the bill, and ironically cost a fortune too. I opted against some of these as they lacked a shoulder strap altogether. However, since this one had both handles as well as a shoulder strap and seemed stylish enough, I thought I'd give it a try. I have been using this bag for a good few days now and am absolutely convinced that its difficult to find another bag that provides greater value for money.
Price & Packaging
- I paid £9.99 for the 11.6 inches bag
- It came in the frustration free Amazon packaging that includes a cardboard box with the bag wrapped in a transparent plastic bag
- Approx. external dimensions are (W x H x D) - 33.5 x 26 x 4 cm
- My 10.1 inch netbook fits in it with no issues
Construction & Quality
- The outer part of the bag is made of waterproof material and for me has already endured some rainy days
- It has both a pair of handles along with a shoulder strap
- The plastics parts used in the shoulder strap don't seem like they are of the best quality. They do look a bit cheap but I've had no issues so far
- The zips seem to be of good quality, but I haven't yet been able to test them over a significantly long period of time so only time will tell
- There is a monogram on the front of the bag that says "Amazon Basics". Its a good looking monogram with some orange color in them. The zips are similarly Amazon branded.
- The bag sports 3 pockets in total, the main pocket, a middle pocket and a front pocket
- There are a further 3 sections in the main pocket of the bag. 2 of these are side sections only big enough to hold some smaller items like documents or pens etc. whereas the third section is the main section in the center of the bag designed to hold the bulk of the items including a laptop/netbook or similar
- The middle pocket doesn't have a lot of space and is meant to hold other bit and bobs with some pockets designed for holding pens etc.
- The front pocket again is designed to hold smaller items but I use it to store my eReader (Sony) with no issues at all.
- The bag isn't designed to hold a lot of items but is still big enough to carry everyday items. I carry my Fulton umbrella, my eReader, occasionally a book along some other bits and bobs with no issues at all (see pics)
- The shoulder strap does not have adequate padding, and if carrying some weight over an extensive period of time then can be somewhat tiring/uncomfortable
- The strap is adjustable to adapt to most persons preferences/heights
- The bag seems to have a lot of pockets but practically can only hold so many items. It does not have a lot of space but is great if used for carrying only a few items
This is a great looking bag and I am pretty satisfied with this product
- It is stylish, practical and only costs a tenner
- Looking at this bag does makes one wonder why other, fairly similar products, are severely over priced
- If you are not particularly brand conscious, then this bag is for you
- This bag is simply great value for money.