1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars Barbara Lings Ultimate Google Hangouts Marketing Roadmap, 12 July 2013
This review is from: The Ultimate Google Hangouts Marketing Roadmap (Kindle Edition)
Length:: 2:33 Mins

This is my review of The Ultimate Google Hangouts Marketing Roadmap by Barbara Ling.
It's my first ever video review but it seems appropriate given the subject!
Firstly it's a great basic walkthrough of how to set up for using Google Hangouts and why you should be doing it.
There's a sequence of well laid out chapters covering all the ways of combining the power of Google Hangouts with other social media for best effect. It's a pretty quick easy read, but with enough detail for most people.
The main aim of the book is building your authority, building buzz about your business.
I would say that Barbara Ling seems to be talking mostly to online marketers, or offline businesses wanting to move online. But don't let that put you off, the strategies can be applied to any business that could use more customers or a better relationship with their customers.
To me it's the small online business that can get the most out of this. Niche marketing is only briefly covered in one chapter but that was the part that excited me. If you are an ebay seller or have any sort of ecommerce business you know the name of the game is trust and interaction. You've got to build a relationship with your potential customers even though you never get to meet them. Using Hangouts can be almost like face to face contact, even two way real time interaction.
I've already started using hangouts in my business but now I've got the marketing strategies mapped out and a better understanding of how to implement my ideas.
I would highly recommend The Ultimate Google Marketing Roadmap to anybody wanting some information on including Hangouts in marketing their business. If you are already using social media then it will give you a straightforward guide to adding hangouts into the mix, and if not it's a good starting point. It's not an encyclopaedia of social media marketing but there's enough meat to get you thinking and it will definitely inspire you to discover more.
And don't worry, you definitely don't have to be a video expert to put it into practise, if I can anyone can!