5.0 out of 5 stars A rare 5 stars from me
As I read 3 or 4 books a week, I probably tend to be more critical than some other reviewers.
So a book has to be special before I give it 5 stars, which I rarely do. This book was the best
one I have read in a while and Mr. B. agrees (we don't always like the same books!).

The synopsis gives a good idea of what the book is about, so I won't repeat...
Published 2 months ago by Mrs. Bruce

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok
Half way through the book I was going to give it 4 stars but the second half really disappointed. It all became a little bit muddled and unbelievable. Probably ok as a holiday read but I will consider other books before buying the follow up.
Published 1 month ago by MarkD

5.0 out of 5 stars A rare 5 stars from me, 22 May 2015
This review is from: Omega Dog (Joe Venn Crime Action Thriller Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)

The synopsis gives a good idea of what the book is about, so I won't repeat it.
I found the book very fast-paced and it didn't flag half-way through as some books do.
I did wonder where the various threads were heading in the first few chapters, but then things
began to make sense. There was a twist half way through that I really didn't see coming and a
few more twists at the end which I did.

There wasn't an excess of bad language, typos and sex and though there was plenty of
fighting, there wasn't unnecessary gore or torture. If you enjoy a good action adventure, I
think you will enjoy this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars One to read, 11 Jan. 2014
somnus "somnus" (Cambes Lot et Garonne France) - See all my reviews
First book for me, by this author, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Starts off at a humdinger of a pace and doesn't let go. Buzzing with action throughout and no fillers to just bulk out the story. Good characters and enough description without becoming laborious.
Enjoyed the yarn and could almost believe this type of thing happening. Would have liked the book to have been a bit longer but hey ho shows how much I liked it. If you like Lee Child, Harlan Cobin, Jeffrey Deaver type books then I would recommend this for a ripping read. Well done and look forward to reading more by this writer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Romance and Violence: a heady mixture, 3 July 2014
Didn't know what to expect but I was soon hooked. I thought the premise at the beginning involving Venn was a bit too contrived for me but the williing suspension of disbelief soon kicked i. Interwoven with scientific detail and rings true for me regarding Big Pharma. Soon I was just enjoying the ride which had romance but wasn't short of blood and guts. I'm already looking for another book by Tim Stevens. On this form he is likely to be around for some time.

5.0 out of 5 stars OMEGA DOG, 1 July 2014
GREAT BOOK COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN GOOD ACTION AND SUSPENSE ALL THE WAY THROUGH FROM FIRST PAGE TO THE LAST PAGE

5.0 out of 5 stars Great new character, 5 Jun. 2014
Having read the John Purkiss and Martin Calvary series I was pleased to find another new character to follow. A good read as usual. Now that I have read all the books perhaps I can get some work done! Looking forward to the next Joe Venn.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read., 19 July 2015
Joe Venn, Omega Dog, what can I say about this guy, an ex-cop, a drunk, a heartbeat away from being a down and out when fate takes control of his life. Framed for a murder he didn't commit he has one chance to redeem himself, easy or so he thought but nothing is as it seems in this cracking thriller. Not to be missed !

5.0 out of 5 stars Omega dog tim Stevens, 3 July 2014
This was my first tim Stevens book really good story and plenty of action the main character Joe Venn could be the next big action hero.highly recommend this book.kev dilks

5.0 out of 5 stars Breathless!, 28 Jun. 2015
Previously read Ratcatcher by Tim Stevens so was expecting a rip roaring adventure story - I was not disappointed!
Twists and turns all the way with Venn dispatching villains and his own brand of justice in a cold, effective manner.
Great stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars "This dog is my best friend", 2 July 2015
Father Ted (Melksham, Wiltshire,UK) - See all my reviews
Possibly the best thriller I've read this year. Totally believable, the action moves along at a cracking pace and doesn't let up. Joe Venn is a character that deserves a few more outings. I'll be reading them when they appear. I absolutely loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, 10 July 2014
I couldn't put this book down - I was gripped from the very first page.