5.0 out of 5 stars Really good
As my musical knowledge these days only extends to Classic Rock magazine I was surprised when I stumbled across this album last night whilst a little tipsy (i.e. very drunk).
Woke up none the wiser and eventually realised I'd purchased this great live album.

What a great album this is. Skin live is a sight to behold and to finally get it on CD albeit...
Published 11 months ago by cougarric

3.0 out of 5 stars Sorry, doesnt work for me.
And I'm sorry to be the lone reviewer who's less impressed. Compared to Wonderlustre which is the best CD I've heard in a decade. Or compare to Vaughn Williams - "The Lark Ascending" if you like classical done really well.

Odd, very odd gig with a very polite seated audience. The point of an acoustic set is to strip it back to basics, yet the recording for me...
Published 9 months ago by Tim

5.0 out of 5 stars New nuances, 6 Oct 2013
D. Morgan "mogg101" (West Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Came across the gig by chance on On Demand. Very glad I did. The material done acoustically really works well, with many of the songs taking on whole new identities. Skins vocals are delicious for the most part and there are peaks where they become simply scintillating. An unexpected delight is the cover of Weller's 'You Do Something To Me'. The whole vibe of the concert is captivating and draws you in on an emotional level, I think mainly due to Skins stage presence and that she seems to 'live' the songs rather than just sing them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 2 Oct 2013
Even better than the original songs, although their great.
I've had it a week now & cant stop playing it a real classic & the dvd's good quality too. It's hard to tell from a blu ray on a 40" Sony HD telly. If you like Skunk & Anansie you've gotta have this, as classic as Nirvana Unplugged in New York. Brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars very good album, 1 Oct 2013
very good album,it's beautiful I missed this concert so I'm very happy to be able to see it now, thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars Best band in the world and now proven as one of the best live bands out there, 30 Sep 2013
Skins delicate voice and passion shine through, love her rock chick sound and her alter ego cherub tunes..really truly Fab!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy memories, 30 Sep 2013
This was an excellent gig in an atmospheric setting, giving new interpretations of Skunk Anansie classics, this dvd captures the event brilliantly.

5.0 out of 5 stars she SKINned em alive !, 30 Sep 2013
Absolutely brilliant (tried but couldnt make the gig) watched the dvd last night in surround sound and i was blown away the voice the playing the songs,if only all concert dvds were like this.Take a bow Skin and the gang,oh and the cd is just the job for the car too bargaiiiiiiiiiiiiiin

5.0 out of 5 stars Bitter sweet and beautiful, 29 Sep 2013
sarah (WEST YORKSHIRE) - See all my reviews
Fantastic I caught this on demand and I had to get it.
skin has a hauntingly beautiful voice and it's as powerful and emotive as ever
Takes me back to my teens filled with angst and emotion
Very powerful
I love it

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 29 Sep 2013
G. LONG "longy" (uk) - See all my reviews
Arrived prompt fantastic service and well packaged. Skunk anansie live are fantastic but a acoustic live makes the experience so more intimate

5.0 out of 5 stars It's like hearing the songs for the first time again and ..., 7 Sep 2014
This album really shows the range of the band. It's like hearing the songs for the first time again and falling in love with them all over again. One of the best albums I have listened to this year and that's saying something as I listen to a lot of music. Go on, treat yourself!

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing album!, 27 July 2014
This is such an amazing album, Skin's voice is just as incredible and powerful even in a live acoustic setting -this album took me right back to my teenage years!

Skunk Anansie: Acoustic - Live In London [Blu-ray]
Skunk Anansie: Acoustic - Live In London [Blu-ray] by Skunk Anansie (Blu-ray - 2013)