Format: Audio CDChange

TOP 100 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 12 September 2013
This compilation is actually the third three disc set that follows on from Honey Honey and Sugar Sugar. Both of those previous compilations celebrated bubblegum pop and I feel that they did just that very well with classic bubble gum type tracks from the sixties and seventies when the term Bubble gum pop was best known, I really liked those albums but didn't write a review since there were already other great reviews by other reviewers.
Here on this new compilation I have to say that as a compilation of pop music it is really good and if you like music from the 1980s then this is excellent since most of the tracks come from that decade. I cannot fault the variety of tracks,
However there is an issue for me. This compilation is a bit of stretch of the imagination to call it bubble gum pop. With tracks like Respectable by Mel and Kim, Heartache by pepsi and Shirley I would not think of them as bubble gum pop,
However having said that it is a brave attempt to push the third compilation into a new area by picking tracks dominantly from the 1980s that have some similarity to bubble gum tracks of the earlier editions.
Clever choices, at least by title are Candy Girl by New Edition (not the single version) and I want candy by Bow wow wow. But other tracks like You spin me round like a record by Dead or Alive are more like dance pop records.
There are some tracks, although not many, from the seventies such as Fox and S s single bed that help to give it a atmosphere of the previous compilations.
The original compilation was Sugar Sugar and had begun with the song Sugar Sugar by the Archers. The second compilation borrowed the words Honey Honey from the same song and now this compilation uses the Candy word also from the same song. The album uses the same style of artwork as the previous two and also uses a proclamation The "Heyday of Bubble gum Pop" which is similar to the previous compilations that said " The Birth of Bubble gum pop" and "the sound of bubble gum pop" I am not convinced about it being the Heyday but it is a good compilation.
11 comment21 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 October 2013
This CD brings back so many great memories of growing up. Takes you back in time for sure. Will probably be buying the other CD's in this range it's so good. Speedy delivery. Couldn't ask for more. Thank you very much. Would definitely recommend.
on 22 September 2013
Ordered this after seeing it advertised on TV.
Being an 80's teenager this really appealed to me.

Apart from the odd song that made me wonder 'why this one?' I am really pleased with the album.
on 11 October 2013
Cheesy throughout but so many memories and I like it, Have made a copy for the car and the auto rip is a perfect, always on in the background
on 28 January 2014
I Love The 70's and the 80's this CD SET is just Great.
on 4 October 2013
i seem to have no money when these were my 'songs' so its great to get them all together. already on walkman
on 29 May 2014
I got this copy for a friend who heard my cd and nagged me to get her a cd.like myself she is an elvis Presley nut and don't normally listen to anything else.she played this disc and enjoyed the varied sounds of the various artists on this compilation as it's unlike many of the other so called 70's compilations CDs .there is quite a few big hits that are not found on other compilation CDs
VINE VOICEon 19 February 2014
i love these 3 cds but maybe not quite as good as sugar sugar or honey honey a lot of these tracks are from the 80s and late 70s and still brought back fab memories i just listen to them all in the car over and over again and iam lost in another decade.mine was bought for xmas by my son, makes a great gift
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 14 April 2015
I so love this album. Got it playing now after coming across it quite by accident. The memories of when I used to play these records to a live audience take me back to happier times. I probably had most of these songs on vinyl 45s. Would love to see a compi of their B-sides!
on 8 March 2014
Bought this as a gift for my mum for Christmas. She absolutely loves it! She has all 3 that have been released now and seems to only listen to these CD's nowadays. Would recommend for people who love music of the 70's/80's as this is perfect!