5.0 out of 5 stars Great solution for in the field video and backing up ...
Great solution for in the field video and backing up and at the office.

Published 26 days ago by R. A. Wilson

3.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic hardware, not the software
As much as the hardware oooze of qulaty, endurance and use-in-the-field, the software dont. You have to reinstall the icobs, each time you want to have the LEDs show if the raid is ok! weird!
Published 11 months ago by Michael Quist

5.0 out of 5 stars Great solution for in the field video and backing up ..., 28 Aug 2014
R. A. Wilson "rossie101" (Soton, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GDOCK ev 2TB with Thunderbolt (Personal Computers)
Great solution for in the field video and backing up and at the office.

I use mine for downloading my video onto in the field, the other drive makes a backup of the first allowing me to erase my camera storage media safely. After that I eject one of the drives and replace it with a spare, the copy is then stored away from the master and usually taken home to make an off site backup with before being brought back and repeating the process.

The other way it can be used it if you work at home and away. I take one drive to work with me with all my work files, the backup stays at home, when I plug in the work drive after working away it just backs it up. No fiddling around the back of my Mac with cables anymore and no more using personal HDD space for work.

The spare drives are cheap and pretty fast. For video production this dock makes life really simple.

I use Carbon Copy Cloner and Soft Raid, not the software that comes with it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic hardware, not the software, 21 Oct 2013
This review is from: GDOCK ev 2TB with Thunderbolt (Personal Computers)
But, the most irritating part is that IF you start using one of the disks as a external hardisk in the field with your laptop, when you re-insert the disk into the bay, tge raid starts to resync. Which takes between 1-2 hours. The connercials dont tell that little part. I did expect this to handled much more elegant and swift, like in minutes.

Still, the hardware is fantastic, its quiet and very good build quality. Just dont expect data redundancy to be quick. At all.

GDOCK ev 2TB with Thunderbolt