Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.32

on 11 October 2015
I liked the way the author took the reader through this murder case from arrest of the suspect to his eventual acquittal. I simply could not put it down until I had read it to the end. There is no great suspense involved and no super sleuthing by the defence barrister, but what appears to be a humdrum case of murder still managed to enthrall me to the end.
on 6 July 2014
Not bad for a freebie, an enjoyable story with only a couple of typos. My only criticism was John Burton never explained if Damien was the murderer or not. The story would of been better if we had followed Damien on the day of the murder and his subsequent arrest. This however had not stopped me buying Mr Burton's following book The Silk Brief.
on 26 March 2015
A really good read if you like legal procedure. The back story is a bit of light relief to the detail of the case but the whole things hangs together well. I would buy another as I enjoyed the legal accuracy as well as the story.
on 4 April 2016
A fantastic and funny look at the Life of advocacy and into the life of a silk. It gives an insight into the workings of Chambers and the lack of work for any silk.
A fantastic read and highly recommended for everybody!
on 27 March 2014
One story with lots of little asides to other cases. Rather like sitting on a jury trying to decide the fate of the defendant.
on 10 May 2014
Diabolically badly written in terms of grammar and spelling. I can hardly believe the author is a QC. I had the distinct impression he dictated this into a dictaphone, got his secretary to type it and never bothered proof reading it after she'd finished. The story was most unimpressive too. There was no suspense, just an account of a court case. The accused may or may not have committed the crime, the reader simply gets the verdict of the jury so never knows the truth. Very poor.
on 4 December 2013
I was recommended this book by a fiend in the legal profession. It tracks the day to day life of a barrister working in London. It gives a insight in to his life and the workings of his chambers. It is quite amusing but does tell the story of a working crown court case from start to finish with its twists and turns.
The characters come to life and I couldn't wait to find out what the jury had decided, guilty or not guilty.
I am waiting for the next one
on 20 November 2014
The author is obviously a barrister and some of his material is over-repetitive. It contains some interesting insight into the work of the criminal bar, chambers and the various characters which make up much of the legal world. The court case at the heart of the book is somewhat pedantic. His use of capital letters is arcane and his repetition of words a little annoying. Will hold back final judgement until I have read the second book in the series.
on 31 March 2014
Enjoyable for the jobbing barrister because it is, literally, 100% accurate. In fact it would be a good read for pupil barristers.
I've only given it 3 stars because I wanted a little more off-piste character depth and a twist or two.

Good stuff, though.
on 23 February 2014
Well written predictable .I would have liked it to go more into the back room deals Tec but it was still ok. It gave me a enjoyable nights read.