5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Debut, 30 Sep 2013
yB (Sunderland, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Girls Like Us (Audio CD)
This is not going to be a long review because I'd just like to sit back and listen to the album again!

Take a sprinkling of the Manchester sound and mix it in with a dollop of the dark brooding jangly indieness that's forever traced back to Siouxsie's Banshees, add this band's individuality and you've got Girls Like Us.

The atmospheric but very short (1 minute 8 seconds) opening track It's On tells you the album was worth the purchase, then we launch straight into the music "proper", track Girls Like Us setting us for the rest of album Girls Like Us.

Track 11 Velvet Morning is a particularly interesting one, featuring spoken word rather than singing. And it works, a breath-catching interlude before we launch back into jangly assault. Personally, I think my favourite track is Howlin', but I like them all really, no bad tracks at all and with plenty of variation to keep the interest up.

(Just one minor point about the CD - if, like me, you use CD Text to identify tracks .... don't! Its all over the place on my copy.)

Excellent album. Buy it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Like us, 29 Nov 2013
This review is from: Girls Like Us [VINYL] (Vinyl)
Mint condition Pins vinyl was received as stated by the vendor. Great tunes throughout but never the less don't stand up as well as they do live.

Girls Like Us
Girls Like Us by Pins (Audio CD - 2013)