5.0 out of 5 stars Flawless technology, Quality Assured.
Incredible product; When I looked to buy this TV I thought the price would match the quality but I was most certainly wrong.

This TV produces brilliant audio, crisp pictures in HD, the GUI for even basic electronic knowledge makes every choice easy, navigating menu's and the App part of the SmartTv fun and easy to enjoy.

The TV has had no problem...
Published 2 months ago by Daniel Parish

Just purchased this tv because we wanted the itv and 4 od player apps which were unavailable on our prior tv which was a Sony KDL42W653. Both tv's are a similar price point.

Samsung 40F5300 in comparison to the Sony.

Published 15 months ago by The Sun of David

5.0 out of 5 stars Flawless technology, Quality Assured., 15 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Samsung UE40F5300AK 40" Full HD 1080p Smart LED TV With Freeview Black - (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (discontinued by manufacturer) (Electronics)

The TV has had no problem since I have bought it and I'm glad I grabbed this bargain, I don't think I've ever wrote a product review, this product really does however prove its worth.

I often enjoy paying a little extra for the more common 'bigger' brand names as I feel the extra money really does show through this product.

Pro's ; - Fast interface, loading times
- Brilliant sound with a great range of volume, it's output alone is equivalent to what you would get with a surround sound system.
- Pictures are perfect, the video is as sharp as it could possibly be.
-The TV links with mobile/android/iPhones to stream videos and Netflix etc.
-The apps and 'SmartHub' are great, Netflix BBCiplayer & many more.
- External devices, USB, network adapters, HDMI ports etc are in abundance.

Cons; The TV tries to shut itself off after being on for a long period of time and no one likes getting up for the remote to stop it.

But yes! That really is the only negative I can put on it product!

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant TV, 11 May 2014
H. Bright (UK) - See all my reviews
Bought this in January, and have found it to be a great TV. Didn't want 3D (I have an issue with one eye, so can't see 3D through glasses etc so there was no point), and have been very impressed with this set. Picture quality is very good, and the sound quality surprised me as being quite well rounded. Smart features are fine, though the only apps I really use are Netflix and Lovefilm (although since Amazon mucked about with the old, reliable Lovefilm app to become 'Amazon Instant', it's far less reliable). Connectivity can't be complained about; two USB ports on the back are fine for external drives, and the network port is helpful; it can see my home server and play videos straight from it, which surprised me. Is this the most feature packed set available? No, but it's good value, and I'm very happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best telly ever., 29 Mar. 2014
I didn't realise how good this product was going to be. We have Love Film to augment the great experience this TV already supplies. We find another great feature every time we use it. So good that we have managed to cancel our Sky subscription. Going to try the USB recording this weekend.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bullet point review of the Samsung 40F5300 40 inch vs the Sony KDL42W653 ., 1 Mar. 2014

Samsung 40F5300 in comparison to the Sony.

Picture quality - Not impressed far to much noise and motion blur and as for HD and Bluray forget about it the Sony was superior in every way.

Apps - Tv apps were perfect for us - ITV and 4 OD were unavailable on the Sony so the Samsung beats the Sony hands down.

Design - The Samsung looks like an oversized pc monitor it's plastic, it looks plastic, and feels plastic making it look ugly and cheap in fact as soon as i took it out of the box my heart sunk and i wanted the Sony back because the Sony is so beautiful designed.

Getting around the Samsung was easier and more intuitive. The Samsung is highly rated for its layout in comparison to the Sony and rightly so i would say however you do get used to the Sony.

The Sony is 2 inches bigger and in my opinion does make a difference though i am sure you would get used to the 40 inch Samsung.

Overall i prefer the Sony and would recommend you go for that instead it's beautiful to look at and the picture quality is amazing for what you pay.

Coming back to this review after a couple of weeks of owning the tv i have decided to send it back.
It cuts out when using the apps. No built in Wifi so there are wires everywhere. Picture quality is dreadful and quite franly it looks really cheap.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 31 July 2014
Received on the day specified. No complaints.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent tv, 20 April 2014
C. campion (Aberystwyth, Wales) - See all my reviews
We bought this tv because of the good reviews and haven't been disappointed . Its a very good picture, was easy to set up and a doddle to use. We are very pleased and would recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 Nov. 2014
Excellent picture quality. Apps work after updating. Sound is OK but if you want some bass buy a soundbar.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 16 Nov. 2014