Style Name: Hen House|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 15 August 2015
7/10. I bought this for our second child having had the previous design for our first and been very impressed with it. This is still a good practical high chair which is easy to adjust, easy to clean the tray and can be used up to the table without the tray as they get older. However many of the design changes are not an improvement over the previous design:

1. From other reviews and looking at the design, the tray could be kicked off as the button I s now central and at the front, used to be two at the sides requiring two strong hands (as oppose to one good kick). Fortunately this has not happened for us yet but baby is starting to rest feet on the button and push. Not good when your child also figures out how to get their arms out of the shoulder straps. Mind you, not such a big deal as long as you're sat next to them ready to put their straps and tray back on.

2. The old tray clipped down vertically which was a bit quicker and easier to avoid small fingers. This design has a tray that slides on and could pinch little fingers if they get in the way and it is difficult to hold their hands out of the way and hold and slide the tray on at the same time. Their are three adjustment positions though and at a year old we are on the second of three.

3. The chair doesn't appear to be as comfortable as my baby hated to be in it too long until about a year old, in part I think this because the most upright setting is too upright and the next setting is a bit too reclined whereas the old design was just right. If your child is just starting to sit up they need a bit of support and with this in the upright position they don't get it and will slouch sideways. Reclining is only useful if they fall asleep and you want to make them comfortable whilst you eat your dinner. Having said that at least it has a high back rest; I wouldn't get a chair that hasn't for everyday use - they will randomly fling their head back for no apparent reason! Now baby is over a year old I think baby is very comfortable, the chair is well padded and its a good half an hour or so before baby wants to come out.

4. There are buttons to push in to fold it away. The old design had buttons to lift, which is more natural as you have to lift the chair a bit anyway at the same time to fold it. For this and the old design it's not long before the stickers on the hinge come off and lose sticking power and you just have to get rid off them (v small cosmetic issue). Easy to knock the chair over when it is folded by the way, just as with the previous design.

5. The two little bits of plastic screwed to the back to hold the tray are useless and you have to try and reshape the legs a bit to make the tray fit on to them. The old design was similar but the tray located better and fell off less.

One thing that is better is that it is easy to remove and then replace the straps when they are washed. This was near impossible with the old design.

All in all a useful, stable and functional chair. If I needed another high chair I would still buy this one again.

Whilst the old chair is not available now, if you are replacing the old one or wanting to know what to look for in a high chair I hope this comparison is useful.
on 28 November 2013
Now on my fourth child, I knew what I was looking for in a high chair and I really thought I'd got it with this! I spent a great deal of time comparing (or faffing as my husband would say) and settled on this.

Main reasons for going with this were,
adjustable height & removable tray - as baby gets older you can take away the tray and sit them up at the dinner table, whatever height yours is.

Padded seat that reclines - a high backed padded seat is much better than those low backed all-wood ones you often get at restaurants, a younger baby is more supported and an older baby is less able to escape or simply tip out! and the recline feature is handy if your baby takes an unscheduled nod but you know they'll wake if you try to take them out. Also the crotch post is handy if you have tetchy baby that likes to buckaroo their way out and slide out from under the tray.

It has a 4yr guarantee. you have to register online for this to take effect.

Now, the reason I've given this three stars is because although it has all the features, it doesnt necessarily come together with the quality needed to pull it off.
Its shaky and its build quality isnt great, I dont think it would drop down or anything like that but it just doesnt feel solid and well made, And I've been using it barely two months and the seat vinyl is starting to rip at a seam.
It also comes with a list of dos and donts (that invalidate the warranty if they think you've done any of them!), dont pull it along by the tray, dont pick it up by the frame or the seat. - so how the heck am I supposed to move it around the kitchen then?? some lockable castors perhaps would have helped? and altough it states freestanding when folded, it will fall over with the slightest knock, no good at all with a crawling baby!!

I wish I could justify buying a 'peg perego prima pappa' highchair, its what we had first and it was an absolute gem! it cost us £125 but it lasted us for three kids/six years of almost constant use without breaking or failing in any way! I know this is our last baby and I didnt want to go overboard because money is alot tighter now but I blumming wish I'd bought one now!!
on 30 September 2014
Fantastic highchair! My son has been using this for nearly a year. He is so comfortable in here, we have just started to use the second notch on the tray so he has a good while of use yet! He loves it too. He stands with his arms up at the highchair when he is hungry. The removable tray is so handy. Both trays are a bit too wide for my dishwasher but still easy to clean. I will be keeping for future children too as you can order new covers for £15. we are very happy with this product.
on 25 November 2014
Avoid! I brought this in a different design and it was a nightmare, long story short 4 deliveries of replacement parts (this was whilst trying put it together!) I sent mine back to cosatto. Originally it came with 2 legs for the right side and the parts sent were wrong 3 times and when we got the proper part it didn't actually fit!
on 19 June 2016
I had minor concerns about this not being supportive enough as one reviewer had said that it was too wide for her baby and didn't offer enough support. My daughter is just 6 months old, small for her age, and not quite able to sit up unaided without tipping over, drifting to one side (even in her Bumbo). This chair kept her more upright without any slouching than she's been without my hands holding her up, so I can attest to it being brilliantly supportive. The design is fab, easy to wipe clean, and very sturdy. I have no worries about pets knocking it over or her toppling herself through wriggling. It's enormous, which makes it so sturdy, and means it'll last yonks (hopefully!) but probably not suitable for a very small kitchen.
on 22 June 2016
I don't normally write reviews but I felt compelled to after receiving this highchair because it is worth shouting about. I absolutely love it! It's stylish, sturdy, great quality, very comfy and it has many height and seat settings so that you can work out which one works for you and your baby. It has definitely made my life easier by keeping my son securely strapped in so there is no chance of him getting out or standing up. The yellow colour brightens up my white living room and it's great for a boy or a girl. It also comes with a 4 year guarantee :)
on 22 June 2016
Crex print -This highchair is amazing! Was so easy to put together did it myself in about 10 minutes and dealing with the baby at the same time! Bright colours and great prints make it fun for the little one. My baby is very small for her age and is sitting so comfy in it- straps were easy to alter- tray is easy to take on and off for cleaning. Easy to open up and put away, not the smallest when folded up but doesn't bother me! Love cosatto!
on 16 June 2014
I like this chair, it's nice and colourful and padding nice and comfy. It has six high settings and three back settings and the tray has a top which can be clicked off for easier cleaning. It is heavy though, so not very transportable, fine for us as we leave it at the table, but if you want to put it away or take it anywhere it's rather clunky. Easy to clean and take apart though
on 19 June 2016
Great for weaning. Three recline positions allows baby to have bottle in it as well as being fed solids in straight up position. Recline means even if baby isn't 100%sitting up by themselves, they can still sit in highchair in recline position. Baby is very comfy in it as very padded and comfy on his back.
on 21 October 2015
Very nice highchair. Comfortable. Easy cleaning. Now for the downside. My first one had to be returned as the seat kept dropping on one side. Amazon exchanged hassle free. Same thing happened to the second one. I might be an unlucky one or it might be a design fault. The fault aside, it is a fab highchair.