5.0 out of 5 stars excellent
Excellent good comfortable good buy!i am very pleased with them and will buy again in future when I need more
Published 13 months ago by M. A. Tyb

2.0 out of 5 stars Not to the standards I expected from Merrell
For a size 10, they are too small for my size 9 feet. The quality of finish was also disappointing, with slight overlaps of glue in view. I am currently wearing them around the house with thin cotton socks, to see if they will give a little.
Published 6 months ago by Mr. J. E. Hanson

2.0 out of 5 stars Not to the standards I expected from Merrell, 11 July 2014
Mr. J. E. Hanson (Cheshire) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly incorrect sizing!, 23 July 2014
Although these are an excellent looking shoe the sizing is completely wrong, they're sized as 8 UK/8.5 US but they can't be! If they're 8 UK (which they're definitely not) then they should be 9 US, and if they're 8.5 US then they're 7.5 UK (which they probably are). Even as a child I was taught USA sizes are always 1 up from UK sizes, very poor labelling/sizing on this so I recommend going 1 size up when ordering UK size.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 27 Dec. 2013
M. A. Tyb (RUGBY ENGLAND) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Small, 7 Aug. 2014
Sizing is wrong!

Going by other reviews, ordered a size 11(UK) instead of normal size 10(UK). Even the size 11(UK - Marked as 46Euro) is tight; narrow as well as a little short.

Tried shoes on, and they are not immediately comfortable (other than the size, they just don't feel right). Plus the waterproof means they have limited breathability (sweaty feet).

A difficult one to buy on-line due to the sizing anomaly, would be better to try first.

3.0 out of 5 stars Shambles, 20 Aug. 2014
After reading various reviews I ordered a size bigger, I normally take a size 10. They duly turned up, tried them on and they were too small by a long way. Checked the box, it said size 11. Sent them back and ordered a size 12.... thinking this can't be right? Anyway, the size 12 turned up... too small again. checked the box, it said 12, checked the shoe this time and they were size 9!! So, maybe the first pair that I ordered was wrong too, I didn't check the actual size in the shoe of the first pair. You'd have thought someone at Amazon would have checked the sizes BEFORE they mailed them out. So who knows what size you will get? It's a crap shoot for sure. just order any size and take pot luck because that's the way Amazon's shoe section seems to work. A real waste of my time dealing with this palaver. The only plus side is that Amazon returns dept seem to have their act together, more than I can say about their shoe dept.

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, 27 Jan. 2014
after wearing the shoes for about 3 times one of the lace loops has pulled out. althought the shoes are still usable this should not have happened

4.0 out of 5 stars These are not bad for an everyday running about shoe, 28 Aug. 2014
Mr. S. Walker "Stephen Walker" (edinburgh) - See all my reviews
I am definitely a size 9 and ordered a size 10 and they are just right. These are not bad for an everyday running about shoe.I would not get them if l was wanting to do any serious walking or trekking as these are not as high a standard shoe as you would normally expect from Merrell. Exclusive shoe to Amazon stating suggested selling price of £80, take that with a pinch of salt. Don't get me wrong they are allright pair of lightweight shoes. The soles are nice good grip and light. Can't argue with them for £25.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value., 20 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Merrell Unisex-Adult Hilltop Vent Waterproof Trekking and Hiking Shoes (Exclusive to Amazon.co.uk) (Apparel)
I bought these for dog walking to replace a pair which had worn out after 2 months. Up to now I am very happy with my purchase, comfortable, look nice and they don't appear to be wearing out as quickly as my other non Merrill pair. I have as broad foot and no problems with the fit. The only complaint I have the shoe laces are not very good. Had to replace mine already but otherwise a good buy. I'll update this regarding wear at some point.

4.0 out of 5 stars Robust Merrell Hiking shoes., 19 Aug. 2014
Arriving faster than schedule, these shoes look new and relatively stiff to wear... but a first yomp of three miles on blacktop road was fine. The fit was standard 11, for me, the same as the other Merrell's I have purchased. After a little break sitting about in the shoes, I continued walking, and even ran up a few of the hills on the way and suffered no discomfort, or any rubbing of the contact points of the foot and shoe that sometimes happen with new shoes. They still feel solid and a little stiff, but thats because they are so new. Astonishing value at the discounted price I purchased them for. Bear in mind, a lot of other manufacturers who I respect for their coats and outer wear, have jumped on the bandwagon, and as even some supermarkets have done produce clones of hiking shoes that look to the uninitiated just as good. Be careful, check the cleats, check the build quality and look at the science particularly in the midsole, for cushioning etc. You will have to go far to beat Merrell !

3.0 out of 5 stars Strange sizing, 22 July 2014
I am a regular size 10. These 10s were very tight in the top of the big toe, the 11s are better but still a bit tight on the big toe. The shoes seem low at the back when in use and the lacing doesn't allow one adjust them very well. Will keep them as they were not too expensive, but not convinced they are much good.