Nice looking and comfy chair, I've had it 6 months now and have used it many hours a day.

It is showing no visible signs of wear, and has proven comfy to sit in for extended periods. The smart red piping extends across the seat base which is a bit daft, because until you get used to it you keep thinking you are sitting on a pencil.

After the initial...
Published 9 months ago by S. Goodwin

Note: my original review is at the bottom. I apologise to anyone who was influenced and possibly bought this chair because of my original 4 star review. I forgot I reviewed the chair until someone commented on it tonight and I received an email about the comment. Here is my reply to that comment (and my feelings on the chair now):

Oh crap. I forgot I wrote...
Published 15 months ago by alzo

2.0 out of 5 stars I can contemplate things - life, death, toasted cheese - whilst sat on this chair, 22 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Charles Jacobs Executive High Back Support Office Chair in Black Business+Tilt Lock Mechanism (Office Product)

Oh crap. I forgot I wrote this review. Only after a day!! Well this just goes to show you shouldn't review something so soon. If anyone has bought this chair on the basis of my review that would not have otherwise bought it then I am sorry, and also I am willing to give you your money back (terms and conditions almost certainly will apply). This chair is lovely for a few days. But after a few days it feels VERY (and I don't use caps lock lightly, i frown on people who do) cheap. I've had this over six months now and it has many problems. The seat feels hard, it squeaks, it lowers sometimes when I turn even though I don't press the lever, it makes a lot of loud cluncking noises too - I sometimes think my neighbours in the flat below must get really annoyed when that happens.

So I am sorry for my initial review. I was delighted by the chair at first but very cheap build quality soon became apparent.

Original Review:

Well, I only got the chair yesterday but I am so impressed I decided to write this review. It was easy to assemble - the arms a little tricky but nothing more than that. I was sat on it all last night. It tilts back nicely, I could lock it and work on my laptop nice and straight backed or unlock it and rock a little and put my feet up on the desk. Seems pretty sturdy too. It doesn't look the most subtle, what with the red stripe, but really I don't care about that - I'm not the kind of person that is bothered about what Barbara from next door thinks. Barbara can go and pet her silly sausage dog. Anyway where was I? Also my imaginary pet goat, Pete, really likes the chair. He was sat in it for a while and got quite comfy then I couldn't get him out of the chair and I had to stand next to him.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good chair, couple of niggly problems, excellent service by the supplier, 3 July 2014

After the initial few weeks the hydraulic gas lift mechanism started to slowly leak, so that it would suddenly drop one inch when first sat on. I left it for a few weeks more hoping it would settle and cease to be a problem, but it didn't. I contacted MK-Trading for assistance and they were superb. A replacement gas lift arrived the next day!

It was difficult to get the old lift off the chair - in the end holding the chair upside down and bashing the lift base with a cushioned hammer did the trick (thanks to ongoing advice from MK-Trading on techniques for dis-assembly).

Unfortunately the replacement gas lift immediately displayed similar problems and again, after waiting a while to see if it improved, I had to ask MK-Trading for another replacement!

And the one thing that saved me from getting really wound up about it was the continued professionalism and support I got from MK-Trading. With no quibbles they immediately issued a second gas lift which arrived the next day.

This final lift has been fine, and doesn't slowly descend. It doesn't go quite as high as the others, but that's ok as I am 5' 9" and it goes just high enough.

Overall I am pleased with the chair, and very pleased with the helpful attitude of the supplier which made all the difference while faced with the initial problems.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great, but., 25 Jun. 2014
I really thought that this was the chair for me, comfortable adjustable and great looking. After 6 months the pneumatic cylinder started to wear out and the chair would drop from the set height. They sent a replacement really quick which was great but I could not get the old one out of the chair. They then sent me a new metal base for the chair so I could use the new pneumatic cylinder. When all was put back together the chair would not go to the original height that I used, it was far to short in height. I have now gave up it is a new chair for me so buyer beware. Oh and please keep the Allen key that you get with the chair you may need it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Weak on the padding, 26 Jan. 2014
It arrived quickly, and wasn't too hard to put together. It took me about an hour on my own but would be much easier if you had help, I'm sure.

Overall this chair is actually pretty good, and looks nice. However the padding on the armrests is really lacking. I can actually feel a screw or something metal through the padding on both armrests. This is a shame because the rest of the chair is comfortable. Considering the price of this chair I'm disappointed and will have to find some way of adding extra padding.

4.0 out of 5 stars Whoops, 29 Aug. 2013
Ronald Leake "RonLeake" (Hampshire) - See all my reviews
Chair arrived promptly and was easy to assemble. It appears to be well made and comfortable in comparison to my previous one.
The description is however misleading as it describes a non existent tilt and lock mechanism. £20.00 delivery charge is a large percentage of the purchase price

5.0 out of 5 stars Great chair, 20 July 2013
I think this chair is absolutely great. very comfortable, very cheap, and extremely fast devilery.

I was hesitant to buy the chair when I saw it had no reviews, but I'm glad I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Charles Jacobs Executive Office Chair, 18 Sept. 2013
I'm so please with this purchase, the chair is very comfortable I sit in it for up to 7 hours a day and no more backaches!
it arrived very quickly and was easy to assemble. Great value for money highly recommended.

2.0 out of 5 stars I am however quite disappointed in the padding, 24 Mar. 2015
This chair is "ok" by most standard, hence the 3 stars it gets from me. It arrived quickly enough, took me about 45minutes by myself to get it together, the arms being a wee bit tricky. I am however quite disappointed in the padding, It is of very low quality. After just one day it has already shrunk in the arms and seat after a medium length gaming session on the chair. I can see myself needing to add some blankets and other pillow to carry on using the chair in a couple of months which is not ideal.

Also, the tilt "lock" mechanism that the chair boasts, and it may just be me, is very misleading. When tilting the chair there is no way to actually lock the chair in the tilted position. The only lock you get is if you want to lock it in the upright position, which again isn't ideal. Being 8-9stone in weight, and having the tilt tension on the lowest tension possible, the chair will still fight me and naturally tilt back to an upright position. To lean back is meant to be more comfortable, and would have been with a lock, but I'm unable to use this feature which is a shame.

3.0 out of 5 stars its Okay, 29 Oct. 2013
Its not bad. The back rest is only attached to the bottom by screws in the arms. Which does not give me much confidence in how long this chair will last. The gas cylinder does not even attach to the chair base. it just slides into a hole and the cylinder just get slightly wider along the shaft so that it cant pass through the hole 100%. Again does not spark huge amounts of confidence in the quality. It just kinda feels abit flimsy in general. For the price i'm abit disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars So Comfy!, 7 Feb. 2014
I really love this chair as it supports my lower back, swivels and tilts. The seat is also deep and wide enough to fit my rather large behind in and the arms don't dig into the sides of the legs as they are angled outwards... It is well padded and is super-comfy to spends long periods of time in. However, we found it a little difficult to put together when fitting the arm rests on, which hold the seat and back together. Definitely needs two people to assemble. Good value for money and would highly recommend it.