4.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad for the price
Published 8 months ago by Hoppie

2.0 out of 5 stars amazon were great, the stitched loop snapped on 2nd wear
amazon were great, the stitched loop snapped on 2nd wear.. same fate for replacement pair after few months, worn 10 days a month fit has changed in one boot... feels sloppy and tilts to right. Will bin once replacement pair of other boots sourced.
These are not the Merrell you are looking for, move along.
Published 27 days ago by killersuzuki

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad for the price, 22 Aug. 2014
I have a pair of Merrell moab's & the reason I like them is there wider fit, so bought a pair of these not expecting much for the cheap price I paid £22, they are a lot lighter than my moab's which is a shoe style as these are a mid boot. So I decided to go for a reasonable walk (10-12 miles) on a mixture of tarmac roads, grass banks & rocks on a dry/warm day and they performed very well, comfort (8), grip (8), breathability (8). Size wise I am 9 but wish I had bought 11 so I could use a thicker sock the 10's I got I used a summer thin breathable sock, not sure what they will be like in wet weather for grip but my moab's are pretty useless in the wet anyway. Obviously can not comment on how long these will last or there waterproofing ability but first impressions are good, my best pair of walking boots are my Karrimor (Aspen) with the vibram sole phenomenal grip in all weathers unfortunately they are a narrow fit and cause a problem to one of my toes after several hours of walking hence why I have the Merrell's.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Comfy, 11 July 2014
Mr. C. P. Smith (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought some Merrell Chameleons a while back when they at a very good price but unfortunately the build quality appears to have slipped somewhat. They creak with every footstep!!! These on the other hand are very comfortable indeed. Well padded all round which makes them a little warm at this time of year but nonetheless light weight and nicely grippy.

5.0 out of 5 stars bargain merrells!, 17 Aug. 2014
Having owned several pairs of merrell trainers, I take them on for work once they are past there best, last pair were almost indestructible. saw these on Amazon at the bargain price & thought I could not go wrong. I was right! Quick delivery & fantastic boots, straight from box to feet with no breaking in period, wore them for a 10 hour day & did not even think about them all day, thats how comfortable they are.
Regarding sizing, I am a UK size 9 & have 2 older pairs of Merrells that are size 9 & fit perfectly however bought a pair online recently at size 9 & were too small (about 1 size smaller) so bought these boots in a UK 10 & they fit my size 9 feet perfectly, so buy a size bigger than you usually take.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get 1 size larger than your foot size for a true fit., 24 July 2014
This review is from: Merrell Unisex-Adult Hilltop Vent Mid WaterProof Trekking and Hiking Boots (Exclusive to Amazon.co.uk) (Apparel)
Having experienced Merrell's sizing issues previously I bought 1 size up from my foot size. They fit perfectly. For the money they look and feel well made and a bit of a bargain I'd say.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice., 16 July 2014
Although described as unisex the box states male. Lucky then that I am not a unisex. Good quality boots a good fit at a good price and delivered promptly.

5.0 out of 5 stars At last. Boots for my Hallux Rigidus!, 4 Aug. 2014
Nadia (Brighton, Sussex) - See all my reviews
This boots 'fit as expected' because other reviewers said to get a larger size than normal, which I did. I have Hallux Rigidus (stiff big toe joint) with a bony growth and have not been able to find a walking boot that didn't hurt so was delighted with these comfortable, roomy, lightweight boots. Haven't tested them on a long hike yet but so far I am very happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boot for walking the dog and out in the, 16 July 2014
Have a few pairs so always know to get a size bigger. Great boot for walking the dog and out in the hills

4.0 out of 5 stars Need half sizes in this range, 28 July 2014
Look & feel good quality but some what small!! Could do with half sizes in the range.

4.0 out of 5 stars Too Small, 13 July 2014
I have owned approx. 20 pairs of Merrell trainers over the last 25 years & this is the first pair where a size 10 was too small. Shoe itself seemed well made, but had to return due to sizing.

5.0 out of 5 stars £21 is excptionally good value for an excellent shoe, 14 Aug. 2014
first off, yes all the reviews below are true. these boots come up smaller than expected. i am a 7 but ordered an 8 and these boots fit.

my current walking shoes are merrell moabs, and interestingly they are a 7 and fit well, but are 4 years old now, so maybe there's been a change in how merrel make their shoes.

these are pleasingly lightweight, and very cushioned and comfortable. in real life they look browner (and less greenish) than comes accross on the image. close inspection of the 'build quality' shows all stictching is tight and the lace holes stand up to hard tugs and pulls. good merrelll quality.

so pleased with these, and look forward to getting them dirty.