Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.44

on 29 April 2006
Every story from Jan Coffey is different, this one I think is the best so far,its a tense and thrilling ride from the beginning to the end.Trapped on a submarine with terrorists, Commander Darius Mccann and ship superintendent Amy Russell must use all their resources to outwit the them.Meanwhile on land they have help with Colonel Sarah Connelly andCommander Bruce Dern to thwart the hijackers,throw in a little romance and it all blends together very nicely.I had to read it in one go, as I could'nt put it down, tea was rather late that night!
A very enjoyable read. Quite amazing that the husband and wife duo writing as 'Jan Coffey' have seemingly written all sorts of historical and romance novels and then this naval/political thriller. I'm pretty sick of the countless number of silly super hero political/terrorist/military being churned out now - but this is a good read and not too unbelievable.
on 16 February 2014
All of the books I tend to read have a military theme. Stephen coonts and Richard Herman to name but two of the authors that I like. Then along comes this book from Jan Coffey. It appeared on my ipad as a sample book, but after reading the first chapter I was hooked. A very enjoyable book, and I'm now n the hunt for some more of the titles. Well done.
on 23 April 2014
An easy read that managed to keep me gripped and entertained even though by about 40% through I had accurately guessed the ending. Some of the descriptions could have been better. For example, the headset crackled..." is not original and not really up to date. At some points some of the grammar annoyed me, such as the use of "off of". However, I have given 4 stars because despite these criticisms I did really enjoy this book and would recommend it to anyone looking for an exciting easy read.
on 18 June 2015
Everything you could hope for in a well written, excitement,intrigue and an understanding of what happens with submariners we couldn't imagine,stress and claustrophobia and a sense of déjà vue,excellent research . Thumbs up
on 22 November 2015
Flaky and unbelievable plot - the author should be aware that auxiliary diesel engines cannot be started when the submarine has dive, otherwise everybody will be asphyxiated!
on 7 December 2015
This was an exciting read and kept me guessing for a long time. Thoroughly enjoyable read will definitely read more from this author
on 15 March 2014
brilliant story.l chose this book ,being an ex submarine l am drawn to books of this ilk . would give it five stars. MIke Murtagh
on 3 June 2015
Gripping well researched and written thriller. I will purchase more Jan Coffey books. Thoroughly recommended.
on 31 May 2015
The first book I've read by these authors,a really good fast paced book with strong characters.