5.0 out of 5 stars A great tale to read, 2 Oct. 2013
Laamash (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Count of Monte Cristo as Retold by Sherlock Holmes (Kindle Edition)
I am a serious book lover and like to read as many book as possible. I bought this book beginning of last month. When I started reading, I kept on reading page by page and did not even realise when time passed by. Displays good on my kindle, no distorted or pixel issues. I would recommend to everyone who loves Sherlock Holmes, mysteries and action. A big thanks to this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful read!, 23 May 2014
This was recommended to me by a friend, the description intrigued me, so I downloaded the sample and straight away bought the book. I was hooked!

I loved the way the author interweaved so many literary characters and revisited a classic tale through the eyes of different protagonists.

This is an absolute must read for all literary fans and for those who love a deep rich plot full of adventures and twists and turns. This book did a great job of re-telling the story that I loved in my younger years. Alexandre Dumas' old tale of The Count of Monte Cristo has been given a refreshing, well deserved and well written spin that can only be described as riveting.

Really curious also to find out, who is Holy Ghost Writer? I checked out the page and saw the contest to find out the identity! Very intrigued.

Highly recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars Charming re-telling, 9 Jan. 2014
Lemesle "anne-so" (normandie, france) - See all my reviews
A well handled re-telling of a complex initial story. I did not get bored reading it even though I am familiar with the Dumas classic version. I would even add it is an easier and lighter reading than the original version. The descriptions of the sets are very detailed and the characters' feelings very touching. Having Sherlock Holmes as a story teller gives sympathy to the book and attracts your curiosity (Elementary my dear Watson !).

4.0 out of 5 stars A brilliantly written and well told version of two classics, 23 Oct. 2013
This is the third book I have read by The Holy Ghost Writer so when I was asked to review this book I couldn’t say no. Especially as the other books have been brilliant and this has five times the amount of pages.To be honest with you though I had my reservations. I wasn’t sure what to expect. I thought trying to merge two classics would be like trying to merge a Bentley with a bus. Impossible. I am happy to be proved wrong. I also, have to admit after I had started reading I found it rather difficult to put it down.

Having only recently read The Count of Monte Cristo, I was pleased that the basic story had remained pretty much unchanged, with the author adding exciting twists and turns along the way. The way he has managed to introduce Holmes and Watson into this story in a smooth way bears testament to what a skilled author he actually is. He manages to keep true to the original while adding these extra twists that enable Holmes and Watson to appear. Knowing that there are usually clues buried deep into very core of a Sherlock Holmes story, I found myself having to go back a couple of pages thinking I had missed a small detail or something that could be of importance.

This is a new, magnificent and cleverly thought out retelling of a classic story. Not many authors could pull the merging of two great books off. I can tell you The Holy Ghost Writer does is it with aplomb. I would recommend this book to anyone. Be it a Sherlock Holmes fan or a fan of The Count of Monte Cristo. I guarantee you will not be disappointed. While I am left wanting the next book to read. I can not wait!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely captivating, 21 Oct. 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed this book because it was so utterly captivating! Within the first few pages of the story I was completely hooked, the writer has an amazing style in writing, very engaging with elements of excitement. The storyline is sophisticated and I really appreciate that. Overall I highly recommend this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 2 Oct. 2013
I picked this book because of my love for Sherlock Holmes and it did not disappoint.
An author who writes well and keeps the reader engaged without forgetting the personalities of Dr Watson or Sherlock Holmes.
The author manages to maintain the grandeur of the original stories whilst bringing a new story to life.
A thoroughly believable and enjoyable Sherlock Holmes tale, I will definitely be reading more from this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars As gripping as the original, yet now even more so, 24 July 2013
Length:: 0:25 Mins

Whether you have read The Count of Monte Cristo or not, you have never read it like this. Holy Ghost Writer has captured the essence of Dumas's masterpiece and brought it into the mainstream once again. This time with a re-telling by none other than Sherlock Holmes. The Count of Monte Cristo Retold by Sherlock Holmes is just as gripping as the original, yet now even more so.