5.0 out of 5 stars Equally effective as the more expensive brands
I decided to buy this product because I had been successfully taking PhD Creatine Monohydrate and wanted something much cheaper that was equally effective.

What is Creatine:
Published 18 months ago by PPS076

3.0 out of 5 stars Amazing value and good pure creatine but not for me.
This literally shoots right through me no matter how I take it. Have dissolved it in warm water, tried it all, even taking just 2 grams gives me the runs!

You get a good amount though and if it works for you fair play, but I might as well pour mine down the toilet as that's where it ends up 20 mins later!
Published 11 months ago by A. Perera

5.0 out of 5 stars Equally effective as the more expensive brands, 23 Sept. 2013
PPS076 (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Muscleform Micropure Creatine Monohydrate 500g Re-sealable Pouch - 200 days (maintenance) supply - Fast Delivery (Personal Care)

What is Creatine:
For anyone who hasn't heard of Creatine before, it's a naturally occurring amino acid that helps supply energy to muscle cells. Although you can buy a lot of different sports 'supplements', Creatine is actually one of the widely researched and possibly effective supplements know when used in conjunction with an effective training and nutritional plan.

How much to take and when:
The manufacturer recommends taking 5g (1 tea spoon), 4 times a day for 5 days (loading phase) and 2.4g - 3g daily indefinitely (maintenance phase). However research has shown that taking if for 3 weeks on and 3 weeks off is equally as effective and puts less strain on your liver and kidneys (it will also save you money!). Research has also shown that taking it dissolved in 250ml of fruit juice (preferably grapefruit juice) makes it absorb 60% better.

Results:
After taking the product I find that I can lift about 10-20% more (depending on which exercise I do),for example my squat gains are about 20% more but the bench press was is only 10%). Not only can I lift more but I can do 1-2 more reps per exercise. All my muscles look noticeably bigger (my arms & chest muscles squeezed nicely against my T-Shirt to make it look tighter) and I feel a lot stronger inside even when I'm not in the gym. It is an awesome feeling.

Side affects:
Although I have had a couple of side effects with normal Creatine Monohydrate (calf muscle cramps, stomach bloating and digestive issues) I have not had any with this product (This product is Micronised which basically means smaller particles). It is recommended that you drink plenty of water when you are on it and cycling off it (I weigh 13st 0lb and I drink 5 litres a day).

Verdict: Highly Recommended - Equally effective as the more expensive brands

Disclaimer; I would recommend discussing taking this with your Doctor BEFORE buying it, especially if you are unwell or are taking any medication.

Feedback:
If you wish to comment on this review please follow the link below.

Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Micropure Creatine Monohydrate 500g, 8 Sept. 2013
The creatine is naturally occurring substance involved in ATP energy production and since an additional creatine supplementation has been shown to increase the supply of ATP for short anaerobic bursts - this is a great product for people who are lifting weights (or bodybuilders).

Bear in mind that creatine can draws fluid from outside the muscle cell spaces into the cell, making it appear larger, but that also means that you can easily become dehydrated (without really knowing it -> you will simply get a lot of cramps). So drinking a bit more water (than usual) during creatine cycle is a must.

Dosage:
Example 1:
If you are beginner you may start with a loading phase: 4 x 5g doses a day (for about 5 days) will do the trick, and then later switch to the maintenance phase -> 2-5g daily (for about 4-6 weeks). Bear in mind that body has a ceiling on the amount of creatine that it will store in the muscles, so there is no point of taking more of it, as it will not continue to load in the muscles. I would suggest not going over 5g in the maintenance phase as this will simply be a waste of money (2-3g seems to be most optimal).

Example 2:
Since creatine levels will be maintained in your muscles for about 3 weeks another way to do it is to cycle on and off (rather than using the loading and maintenance phases). Start with a dose of 5g per day for about 6 weeks (it will take longer to reach saturation levels compared to the loading dose, but the end results are virtually the same). After that, stop taking it for about 3 weeks, and start again with another "cycle".

On the other hand I know that some people have been taking it for about 1-2 years without any "breaks" - but please do more further research if you want to try that route. Personally I wouldn't go this way, because it can prevent your body from creating it naturally for a while - so you should probably cycle off once in a few weeks.

I've tested both of above examples, and most of the time I'm going with the second one (if you would prefer to have faster results, go with the first one). I've been using this product for the past few weeks: 4-6 weeks on, 2-3 weeks off, about 5g per day, and I have to say that it is working as expected (cannot really see a difference between this product and other more expensive ones).

Results:
As to be expected. During the first 3 weeks, I've probably added about 2-3kg (about 4.5-6lbs) to my bodyweight, and few kilograms to my bench press and squats. Nothing shocking about that to be honest, as this is to be expected. I also have more energy during the training sessions. Please note that this effect won't be repeated very often - and that the best results are seen at the beginning of the "cycle".

For a bit better results, try mixing 5g of creatine with 5g of taurine. Optionally you can also add 5g of glutamine (however - assuming that you are taking some protein powder every day or eat a lot of meat - you probably getting enough of glutamine with it).

Other info:
There were no problems with delivery: fast, efficient with good packaging. I will definitely buy it in the future.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cycling product, 12 Jun. 2013
I've been using creatine for a long time, off and on, and have always gotten positive results with it. It is a strong and useful protein that truthfully is found in the diet routine for all body builders. It is found in these locations naturally, but it becomes depleted in individuals whom are heavy in weight training or endurance training.

It is a supplement that will increase your muscle size or strength drastically, and it does give you that extra edge when it comes to recovery and muscle fatigue. For me, its a core part in my supplementation routine. No need to really cycle it either and given the amount you get for the price, its very realistic for the avg. to take this stuff year round.

For lifters, I suggest looking into MMP too; M.M.P. Bodybuilding Supplement + FREE D-Aspartic Acid 100 Grams Its another one of those nonessential amino acids and it plays a pretty big role in nitrogen balance and metabolic processes - which translates into a massive amount of blood being shot into your muscles once contracted.

5.0 out of 5 stars I didn't take the recommended dosage for the first week, 7 Sept. 2014
I've been using this for around two months now, I didn't take the recommended dosage for the first week, but started, and continue with 2.5mg daily. I've been using whey isolate for pre- and post-workout for about one year, now I'm including creatine with my post work-out drink. I have noticed increased strength and stamina in the past couple of weeks, and improved upper body muscle mass. Down side is increased weight, but looking positively my bodyfat isn't gaining, my muscle mass is.

This product mixes well, I blend into low-fat milk, and doesn't have any taste or after taste.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works, 14 Jun. 2014
This substance really does work I've felt real changes in recovery time and the muscle mass I'm gaining thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap creatine, 15 Mar. 2015
Cheap creatine, in the end it's all pretty much the same stuff. If you don't know what creatine is for or its pros and cons I would suggest googling it. Side effects can take place so it's good to know what to look out for. In the end it's honestly difficult to review any sort of supplement as it's hard to prove the effects are specifically down to its use. In my opinion using creatine along side a good protein shake, clean eating and working hard in the gym, you will see benefits. If your going to take creatine you really should research it first.

5.0 out of 5 stars One that really does do what it 'says on the tin', 2 Mar. 2015
Excellent pure product at an excellent price. had it before and will have it again. It really works, trust me I have a very good friend who did his PhD at Loughborough University and was on tour with the British Lions to New Zealand when he was taking blood and urine samples from the payers to examine the benefits or otherwise of the legal, approved supplements many of them were taking. Creatine Monohydrate really works. Consume vitamin C as in dissolve it in fresh orange juice to improve uptake to blood stream.

5.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't mix well, settles like sand! But works a treat, 29 May 2014
Taste: Negligible really. Some have said it reminds them of stale water but if you can stomach a protein shake, then this won't phase you in the slightest.

Texture: Gritty. Does not mix at all, settles like sand! Although this sounds bad it is very very tolerable, if you have ever tried NO. Xplode this is a walk in the park by comparison! A quick stir and chug and its dealt with.

Price: Absolute bargain. 200 servings (maintenance) for less than £7!? with recommended dosage (a serving is 2.5g, 5 days of loading at 5g, 4 times a day, equals 100 servings) you should expect to have in excess of three months of maintenance as well as a complete loading phase. I would recommend researching a guide on creatine, although I have been using it in the above manner with only positive effects.

Results: Relatively noticeable boost in strength, endurance, recovery, size (likely down to water retention)

Cons: Be wary of stretch marks as the water retention and pumps can cause a great deal of strain on the skin! Also says to avoid consumption of caffeine, so be wary of your intake.

Great value and a great product. Perfect for beginners to pros. Also don't forget to drink lots of water with it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Micropure Creatine Monohydrate 500g, 21 July 2012
Koriel Tannhauser (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Dosage:
Example 1:

Example 2:

Other info:

5.0 out of 5 stars Mixes well, good product, 8 July 2014
Mixes well, doesn't leave a horrible taste and seems to be working thus far. Also, fantastic price!