Format: DVD|Change

on 30 September 2013
Having watched this series last year when it first showed on tv channel Watch, I was hooked from episode 1. The chemistry between all the actors is brilliant, the concept of the show is great, and overall, I love it. It is mostly light-hearted, but also has it's serious moments.

Eric McCormack plays Dr Daniel Pearce, an eccentric professor of neuroscience who also happens to suffer from paranoid schizophrenia. When FBI agent, and ex-student, Kate Moretti (Rachel Leigh-Cook) comes to him for help on a case she is working, his visions and delusions help him to tie together the pieces they cannot see.

Whilst there have been countless crime drama shows depicting the "officer + expert" teaming up to solve crimes, this one stands above the rest due to it's creativity and chemistry. I am part way through watching series 2 now and it is just as good. I have no idea why it is taking so long for these series to become available in the UK on DVD! Series 3 has just been comissioned, so excited for that too!
VINE VOICEon 30 April 2014
Takes a while to get going, but when it does, it's very good TV. Eric McCormack's acting is excellent, and it's really nice to see a main character dealing with a mental illness whilst still having an important role to play within his fictional world, and within the show. And his character, Dr Daniel Pierce, does not merely have safe little hallucinations then go back to normal, he does really struggle with his illness. The fact that the show manages to explore these issues sensitively whilst staying watchable and entertaining, is a testament to the quality of the writing I think. The premise of a FBI consultant with 'special powers' (in this case, his hallucinations) may have been done before, but this mental illness approach does put a new twist on it, and does it very well. Every episode is good. If you like American procedural dramas, or Eric McCormack, you wont be disappointed with 'Perception'.
on 3 April 2014
I bought perception on a whim - but I really enjoyed it. The characters are interesting, I think that they will really develop in the second season. Worth a watch if your looking for some light hearted crime drama.
on 22 June 2015
A great series and having watched season 1 im hoping season 2 comes out soon, the picture and sound quality on these dvds are excellant, its different from the usual detective stories and well worth watching. the cast are all excellant and Eric McCormack plays his role brilliantly and theres great chemistry between him and Rachael Leigh Cook..
on 21 January 2016
Where to start? OK. Let's begin by saying that I love this series, or rather, the first season that I have managed to see courtesy this set of DVD-s. The stories are brilliant, well-acted, fast, quirky, laced with humour & irony, occasionally disturbing, and deeply enjoyable. I especially admire the skill demonstrated by the script-writers who have produced scripts that allow us to seamlessly follow the mind of Dr Daniel Pierce, in light as well as darkness. Only regret (as far as this DVD is concerned) is that there were no special features or additional illuminatory information. BUt perhaps they are not necessary.

Be a perceptive viewer, and pick it up.
on 26 February 2016
So nice to see a series that shows a person with a mental illness in a positive light. Yes, Daniel struggles with his illness but we see him not only holding down a regular job but also using features of his illness in a positive way to help solve crimes. It's well acted and well scripted, but why haven't any more seasons been released to DVD yet?
on 3 April 2015
Such a great show! No idea why they've cancelled it, it is SO much better than a lot of other tv shows that are currently being made! With a fantastic cast and great storylines you get completely sucked in to the world of Dr Daniel Pierce (a neuroscience professor who suffers with paranoid schizophrenia) and his consultancy work for the FBI with his friend Special Agent Kate Moretti. The show strikes a great balance between the complicated but interesting storylines (based around neurological issues) and the endearing characters and relationships that develop over the episodes. Such a great show. I'm gutted they've cancelled it, but I'm so glad I can at least own it on dvd - so I can keep rewatching it!
on 1 February 2015
This is a great series. Sadly, I don't watch this via my browser but using Amazon's Fire TV in one room and through an App on my TV in another. Today I find that this series is no longer free to watch. I spoke to Amazon and was told that they do give 30 days notice if, like me, you had added this series to my watch list BUT they only do this if you watch it on a browser. So, in effect, I wasn't told and Perception is now instantly pay per view halfway through the series.
Good Show Perception. Poor Show Amazon.
on 5 June 2015
This is one of the best series to come out of America for decades in my opinion. It is brilliantly written and excellently acted. I love that the main character has a history of psychosis, which enables him to understand the difficult cases that are presented to him. It is fantastic that finally, this can be seen as a good thing rather than something to be avoided and hidden. There are a large number of very famous people who also had a mental illness which, unfortunately, little is known (Vincent Van Gough, Freud and Winston Churchill to name a few. If you haven't seen it, its worth a look.
on 9 May 2014
I am completely hooked on this series and gutted that season 2 is not yet available. Was a huge Will and Grace fan and it is always hard when you play a big character, to transition into another one, but Eric McCormack is very convincing in his role. The stories are fast pace and diverse. You get drawn into his very complicated personality and you are not sure what is real and what is a delusion. I would recommend this series and please Amazon, hurry up and get season 2!