4.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly enjoyable
Published 12 months ago by shpadoinkle

3.0 out of 5 stars Suddenly I have to pay for this with no warning.
Published 3 months ago by P. Eaves

4.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly enjoyable, 30 April 2014
shpadoinkle - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Perception - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Takes a while to get going, but when it does, it's very good TV. Eric McCormack's acting is excellent, and it's really nice to see a main character dealing with a mental illness whilst still having an important role to play within his fictional world, and within the show. And his character, Dr Daniel Pierce, does not merely have safe little hallucinations then go back to normal, he does really struggle with his illness. The fact that the show manages to explore these issues sensitively whilst staying watchable and entertaining, is a testament to the quality of the writing I think. The premise of a FBI consultant with 'special powers' (in this case, his hallucinations) may have been done before, but this mental illness approach does put a new twist on it, and does it very well. Every episode is good. If you like American procedural dramas, or Eric McCormack, you wont be disappointed with 'Perception'.

5.0 out of 5 stars You don't have to see it to believe it!, 30 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Perception - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Having watched this series last year when it first showed on tv channel Watch, I was hooked from episode 1. The chemistry between all the actors is brilliant, the concept of the show is great, and overall, I love it. It is mostly light-hearted, but also has it's serious moments.

Eric McCormack plays Dr Daniel Pearce, an eccentric professor of neuroscience who also happens to suffer from paranoid schizophrenia. When FBI agent, and ex-student, Kate Moretti (Rachel Leigh-Cook) comes to him for help on a case she is working, his visions and delusions help him to tie together the pieces they cannot see.

Whilst there have been countless crime drama shows depicting the "officer + expert" teaming up to solve crimes, this one stands above the rest due to it's creativity and chemistry. I am part way through watching series 2 now and it is just as good. I have no idea why it is taking so long for these series to become available in the UK on DVD! Series 3 has just been comissioned, so excited for that too!

5.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed this one!, 3 April 2014
This review is from: Perception - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I bought perception on a whim - but I really enjoyed it. The characters are interesting, I think that they will really develop in the second season. Worth a watch if your looking for some light hearted crime drama.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, complex, riveting, funny., 24 Oct. 2014
This series is fantastic!! I love it so much and I have watched it over and over again. It is incredibly fascinating and original with interesting facts about neuropsychology and mental illness. It approaches crime solving from an entirely different angle than any other tv show. It is also really funny, with witty banter between three-dimensional characters.

3.0 out of 5 stars Suddenly I have to pay for this with no warning., 1 Feb. 2015
P. Eaves (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This is a great series. Sadly, I don't watch this via my browser but using Amazon's Fire TV in one room and through an App on my TV in another. Today I find that this series is no longer free to watch. I spoke to Amazon and was told that they do give 30 days notice if, like me, you had added this series to my watch list BUT they only do this if you watch it on a browser. So, in effect, I wasn't told and Perception is now instantly pay per view halfway through the series.
Good Show Perception. Poor Show Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a great show!, 3 April 2015
This review is from: Perception - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Such a great show! No idea why they've cancelled it, it is SO much better than a lot of other tv shows that are currently being made! With a fantastic cast and great storylines you get completely sucked in to the world of Dr Daniel Pierce (a neuroscience professor who suffers with paranoid schizophrenia) and his consultancy work for the FBI with his friend Special Agent Kate Moretti. The show strikes a great balance between the complicated but interesting storylines (based around neurological issues) and the endearing characters and relationships that develop over the episodes. Such a great show. I'm gutted they've cancelled it, but I'm so glad I can at least own it on dvd - so I can keep rewatching it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally Brilliant in every way. Now I've finished the last series, what will I do with my life?!!!!, 28 Jan. 2015
Loved Loved LOVED this show!! Totally addictive. Anyone with an interest with cognitive therapy or psychology will love this. Very clever, great likeable actors, good script, genuine chemistry that's believable and a sensitive and thought provoking portrayal of mental illness. Daniel's opening and closing lecture speeches are nothing short of brilliant. Interesting, informative, funny... they are a perfect way to open an episode or end one that you sad to have finished. I watched Series 1 in a day! Just finished Series 2 and cannot wait for Series 3 to become available as a freebie on Prime Instant Video. This show is worth the annual membership fee alone! Please keep making it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Nice neuropsychological twist in a genre that in many ways ..., 16 Nov. 2014
Andreasen "silver line" (CPH, DK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Perception - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
A Nice neuropsychological twist in a genre that in many ways has become mainstream... Worth every penny - especially if you have an interest in cognitive psychology :D

5.0 out of 5 stars great watch!, 29 Oct. 2014
Thoroughly enjoyed it! It is funny at times, yet emotionally gripping and intellectually stimulating. I would recommend it, for sure!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perception dvd, 13 Nov. 2014
M. Thompson - See all my reviews
This review is from: Perception - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Great dvd. I love this series. It was good value and was received quickly. It was well packaged. I would recommend it.

Perception - Season 1 [DVD]
Perception - Season 1 [DVD] by Eric McCormack (DVD - 2014)