5.0 out of 5 stars You don't have to see it to believe it!, 30 Sep 2013
This review is from: Perception - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Having watched this series last year when it first showed on tv channel Watch, I was hooked from episode 1. The chemistry between all the actors is brilliant, the concept of the show is great, and overall, I love it. It is mostly light-hearted, but also has it's serious moments.

Eric McCormack plays Dr Daniel Pearce, an eccentric professor of neuroscience who also happens to suffer from paranoid schizophrenia. When FBI agent, and ex-student, Kate Moretti (Rachel Leigh-Cook) comes to him for help on a case she is working, his visions and delusions help him to tie together the pieces they cannot see.

Whilst there have been countless crime drama shows depicting the "officer + expert" teaming up to solve crimes, this one stands above the rest due to it's creativity and chemistry. I am part way through watching series 2 now and it is just as good. I have no idea why it is taking so long for these series to become available in the UK on DVD! Series 3 has just been comissioned, so excited for that too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 1 Nov 2013
pepemia (scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
My friend recommended this series and I was a bit hesitant . However really enjoyed this series, I had unfortunately caught one or two episodes of the second series before this came in & didn't like them as much . I thought I had made a mistake purchasing this but I really enjoyed the ten episodes .
It's exceptionally well acted by Eric Mcormack and its his likability that Carry's it off . Its got a good bases about a professor who has struggled, and continues to struggle with life but has a quest & desire to learn. Each episode begins with him lecturing and this links to the theme if the series. He is on the quest with the viewer and learns something thought too. It has a degree of realism about schizophrenia and is sympathetic to this , but does include episodes where he can't cope . And throughout the episodes despite the fact the professor is pessimistic about his own life he is optimistic & works hards for others to enhance there life's and overcome there obstacles . He just struggles with his own . It's nice to have a flawed main character who is searching with the viewer.

Overall I would definitely recommend buying this , it's a good price and likeable series - I pref it to season 2 - which seemed a bit to frivolous .
Just a shame there is only ten episodes in a season. Thankfully a season 3 has been commissioned .

5.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed this one!, 3 April 2014
This review is from: Perception - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I bought perception on a whim - but I really enjoyed it. The characters are interesting, I think that they will really develop in the second season. Worth a watch if your looking for some light hearted crime drama.

5.0 out of 5 stars Different, 31 Mar 2014
mal (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Perception - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I liked it especially when how he comes to solve the crime. Its different and original and how he perceives things. Roll on season 2.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad, 28 Mar 2014
Jorg Wheelan (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Perception - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I am enjoying this DVD, it';s different takes a little to get to grips with it, but once you get into his health problems and understand the progam more it's worth a watch. I would not give it 5 stars yet but might well do in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enthralling and imaginative!, 18 Mar 2014
This review is from: Perception - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I bought 'Elementary' season 1 and thought I'd try this - very pleased I did as it is superb. Such a shame I now have to wait so long before I can buy the second season!

4.0 out of 5 stars Unusual series, 4 Feb 2014
This is a somewhat unusual theme since the 'hero' does not seem to be what usdsuaklly constitutes a hero. I think this is its appeal as far as I'm concerned. Eric McCormack and his FBI friend work extremely well together and I must say I really enjoyed the series and now wait for Series 2.

5.0 out of 5 stars interesting, 9 July 2013
this looks very good so far, have just started watching, but the acting and writing have me wanting to watch more. It is nice to see Rachel Lee Cook and Eric McCormack in something else again. I look forward to watching the rest

ARRAY(0xb3d4c144)

Perception - Season 1 [DVD]
Perception - Season 1 [DVD] by Eric McCormack (DVD - 2014)
16.99