5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC, MORE PLS
OH MY GOODNESS WHAT A BRILL SERIES OF IMAGINATION AND FANTASTIC PLOTS, I can't wait for the next series (3) I'll be waiting watching all new adverts for this series 3, if you like fairy tales and get a buzz watching good directed and made programs you will love these, make sure you've got time though as I've been watching these 1 and 2 for a week now and havn't had much...
Published 4 months ago by ND

1.0 out of 5 stars Once upon a time bluray
This is the second copy the language comes up I pick English then some intro plays then NOTHING!! What is wrong with these dvds?
Published 10 months ago by Geri

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing series, 11 Dec 2013
This series is a new twist on the classic fairy tales. I sat through both series glued to my t.v wondering what was going to happen next, and who we were going to meet next be it belle or ariel. I cant wait to see what happens in series three and to see if emma gets her happy ever after.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Series, 16 Jun 2014
Epic and awesome retelling of the fairy tales with lots of side stuff thrown in too.
We really enjoyed watching the series and can't wait until season 3 gets released on disc.
Robert Carlisle's performance as Rumplestiltskin really made it for us.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 3 Sep 2014
This review is from: Once Upon A Time - Season 1-2 [DVD] (DVD)
not watched it myself but been told very good delivery and packing

5.0 out of 5 stars Omg, 9 Dec 2013
This review is from: Once Upon A Time - Season 1-2 [DVD] (DVD)
This show is amazing I was so hooked from the start and I can not wait till watch season 3 the box that it came it is lovely

5.0 out of 5 stars Once upon a time, 27 Nov 2013
This review is from: Once Upon A Time - Season 1-2 [DVD] (DVD)
When I first watched the first series on television,I kept watching the repeats on catch-up-tv.and now getting the DVD,I will be able to watch the whole series in one go which will be fantastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 Aug 2014
This review is from: Once Upon A Time - Season 1-2 [DVD] (DVD)
item arrived and enjoyed my grandchildren

4.0 out of 5 stars Great series for the family., 5 Jan 2014
This review is from: Once Upon A Time - Season 1-2 [DVD] (DVD)
I have been watching this with my teen children and we are really enjoying the series. It is good to have something to watch with this age group. We have watched it every night since we bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Show, 17 July 2014
This review is from: Once Upon A Time - Season 1-2 [DVD] (DVD)
This show is the best television series i've seen since Smallville. At first I thought it might be cheesy. It seemed sort of Soap Opera like, but after a couple of episodes it grows on you and just keeps getting better and better. The complexities of the characters and the intricate plots and histories between them are so interesting. The only thing that sort of ruins it is the special effects that aren't so effective. But the main thing that keeps you hooked is the villains, which are so well drawn and obscure, that they make the main characters dull and even unlikeable at times. The show is so good it rivals and is even better than big blockbuster movies. It's just a shame how far behind we are in the UK in viewing this fantastic show.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Tale of Maternal Narcissism, 6 Aug 2014
This review is from: Once Upon A Time - Season 1-2 [DVD] (DVD)
I'm in thrall with a new series. Well, it's new for me even if it came out in 2011... but having children delays the newness of things (which is why Netflix is a mother's godsend).

Once Upon A Time re-frames every fairy tale you've ever known and intertwines them in a different narrative. After a terrible curse cast by the evil queen, all characters minus their memories are transported to an interesting version of hell - the fictional town of Storybrooke, Maine. Once I'd got over the shock of seeing House's Dr. Cameron in the role of a bounty hunter and modern day daughter of Snow White, I was interested in the glorious archetypes depicted by each character... From the wise man Jiminy Cricket, to the good 'ol ordinary Joes, the seven dwarves. But most of all, Regina the evil Queen the ruler, and Snow White's stepmother.

We're going through quite a revival of the 'other side of the story'. From Gregory Maguire's Wicked which explains that the wicked witch of the west in Oz, is simply an activist and freedom fighter, to Disney's Maleficent who was originally a pure young girl thwarted and betrayed by those she loved. And so in order to explain how people become what they become, we must examine the formative influences in their lives. Enter Cora, Regina's mother (stage right).

Regina: Daddy, you don't know what Mother's doing to me. It's like she's turning me into her. I have to get away.
Henry: Get away? But tomorrow's the wedding, child.
Regina: I don't want to marry the king. I've told you that.
Henry: Are you certain it isn't just cold feet?
Regina: Daddy, this is not cold feet. This, this is... this is insanity! I'm angry all the time. She's making me crazy.
Henry: She wants to give you everything she never got for herself.
Regina: I don't want her life! I want a life of my own.

In fairy tales, like real life... evil is narcissism.

Regina is an example of extreme narcissism. A grandiose sense of self-importance, fantasies of unlimited success and power, requiring excessive admiration, a huge sense of entitlement, inter-personally exploitative and lacking in empathy. And Regina is unsurprisingly the daughter of an extreme narcissist. Because narcissists are not born, they are made. Firstly, through continued emotional (and maybe other) abuse. And afterwards by their own re-affirming choices.

I've been studying narcissistic personality disorder for so long now due to my own experience of maternal narcissism, that I can sniff it out from the briefest of clues. To tell you the truth it is everywhere... and is especially prevalent in my personal favourite fucked-up abusive class system, Britain (and therefore by definition any country that has been influenced by the British). Regina and her mother are not the briefest of clues. They are the finest demonstration of the regenerative, self-perpetuating and insidious power that is narcissism. But usually maternal narcissism is not so obvious. It's dangerous because it can almost appear like justified behaviour, in the 'best interests' of the child.
Are Children of Narcissists destined to be Narcissists themselves?

Such is the power of narcissism to be passed on from generation to generation, that the biggest fear of all children of narcissists... is to become narcissists themselves, thus passing on the disease to their own children [Am I Narcissistic]. Narcissism can only be beaten by awareness of what the traits are, and conscious, deliberate actions to combat their manifestation. Because no one can change a narcissist, apart from themselves. And the jolt of awareness you need to recognise your own narcissism will come from one source. Love. A greater love for someone else than for yourself. Like Regina's for Henry, her adopted son.

Are you worried you are a narcissist? Ironically, if you are a narcissist you probably wouldn't be reading this article...

Do you only support your child only in those things that you feel make you appear a good mother?
Are you overly conscious of what others think?
Do you blame your child for making you feel embarrassed or sad?
Are you envious of your child's success, or do you live through your child vicariously?
Do you write off your child's feelings as unimportant or unwarranted?
Are you critical or shaming of your child?
Do you compete with your child?
Do you make your child act differently to how they feel they want to act?
Do you control them by force or emotional blackmail?
Do you play the victim or the martyr?
Do you always have to be right?

Disney's Evil Queen leaves no room for compassion, but Once Upon A Time is more realistic. Regina is the product of a toxic and abusive upbringing. And yet, eventually as an adult, she was responsible for the choices she made. As is continually mentioned throughout the series, her choices and her magic... comes with a price. That price for Regina is the love of her adopted son and very nearly her soul (in the second series she starts therapy; I'll let you know how that turns out).

It's difficult to look in the mirror and realise that you are not the fairest of them all. You may have some or all of these traits because you were yourself shamed, controlled and competed with. And yet the choice is a black and white as in the fairy tales themselves. Either you can be the person you were made into, or change into the person you want to be.

Review first published on Postmodernwoman.com

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best series, strongly recommended to watch., 4 Aug 2014
Very fast shipping. It was delivered to Poland within 3 days and came in perfect condition.
I already watched Once few times and I love the show, as I loved LOST or Fringe. Once is however, maybe even better.
Season 1 has OUTSTANDING writing, which sadly gotten worse in Season 3... However S1 and S2 are great.
I could recommend it for everyone. Also, that tension between Emma and Regina...
Blu Ray, HD quality? Even better.

Once Upon A Time - Season 1-2 [DVD]
Once Upon A Time - Season 1-2 [DVD] by Jennifer Morrison (DVD - 2013)
Out of stock