Format: Blu-ray|Change

Season 1 of Once Upon A Time ended on a bit of a cliffhanger, shortly after the curse was broken Mr Gold decided to throw something else into the mix...with purple clouds making their way through the town of Storybrooke and Gold announcing: "Magic is coming." The curse may be broken but the town and people in Storybrooke don't have their Happily Ever After just yet...

Having got their memories and identities back, all the favourites are back and more determined than ever that good will win over evil. Join Charming, Snow, Emma and Henry as they join forces with Red, Grumpy and co as they try to restore order and balance in the world they now find themselves in. But there are new forces which will come up against them. We see the return of characters from Regina's past, as well as a fiery and very handsome pirate in the form of Captain Killian "Hook" Jones.

There are many new fairytales and stories to be explored, including Jack and the Giants, Mulan, Princess Aurora and even Frankenstein. Once Upon A Time has certainly stepped up a notch and this season will have you on the edge of your seat! This is a series not to be missed!!
on 23 August 2013
Just a quick note for all lovers of this fabulous series - I recently bought the blu ray version of season 2 from Amazon.com and I can confirm that it is region free and plays perfectly on my PS3.

Audio is DTS HD master and the picture is pin sharp: absolutely stunning!

The US blu ray cost me approx. £35 which I reckon is pretty much a bargain.

If you demand the best and can't wait for the UK release - you now know what you can do. Enjoy :)
Back to Storybrooke, evil Regina not having it all her own way - fairyland characters beginning to regain memories, questioning their presence in the town she has created so she can reign supreme.

As before, each of the twenty two episodes juxtaposes current events and fairytale adventures of long ago, all the way giving a new slant on those involved. (Presumably viewers have recovered from last season's revelation Little Red Riding Hood is a werewolf.) Prepare this time for completely new depictions of the Queen of Hearts, not to mention the Lost Boys in Never Never Land. Audaciously added to the mix are Frankenstein, Sir Lancelot, Mulan, Captain Hook and (briefly) Robin Hood.

Throughout is the theme of possible redemption. No matter how monstrous a person may be, somewhere within there surely lurks goodness. If tapped, it will thrive. Can wicked Rumpelstiltskin be saved? (Robert Carlyle clearly enjoys himself in a role delivering seemingly unlimited scope.) What of Regina? Snow White (foolishly?) is convinced her scheming stepmother will become nice if given yet another chance (the creators thereby ensuring a further season crammed with her villainy.)

Well done, all who managed to keep up! Even with episodes seen in quick succession, I was frequently (but enjoyably) confused. Commentaries help (they better when contributors represent different departments). Interesting bonuses detail the research and skills that go into the sets and costumes. A spoof breakfast TV show reports the town's latest news (a report from the boy who cried wolf cut off abruptly). Actors tell how they relish portraying characters offering such a range. (By the way, Captain Hook's fans are known as Hookers.)

Welcome here a soul-sucking wraith, tall dwarves, a small giant, magic beans, portals and much besides. Remember, though, magic always comes at a price. Certain newcomers are determined to destroy Storybrooke and everybody in it....

All concerned are clearly having a whale of a time. So will the show's addicts.

Great.
on 8 August 2013
season 2 of ouat is even better than the first, the storylines keep you hooked and invested in the show. a must see for everyone.
on 15 January 2014
I bought this product after watching all the episodes on Channel 5 a few months ago. when I got to the last few episodes I started to notice that certain parts of the episode were being missed out. I rewinded the disc only to find the scene had been left put entirely. I don't know if this was the fault of the DVD or has happened to all of them. they may be on the deleted scenes list but I would find this a huge waste as most of those scenes were favourites of mine.

on 31 July 2014
This series had taken over my life. Dont get me wrong. I havent just discovered it. Mum and I have been watching it on Sky on demand, we watched both seasons. However after learning on demand will take the programme off this month (august) I just had to have it. The blu rays are packed full of extras. My favourite being "Good morning Story Brooke" with its satirical take on both local american news channels and the show. Im not here to write spoilers just to say, amazing product ordered yesterday recieved today. I love Amazon and O.U.A.T.
on 9 July 2014
After already watching the very first episode of the first series, I fell deeply in love with Once Upon A Time. And I was thrilled that after one awesome series they decided to make another! This is definitely one of the best shows I've ever come across, and I'm so glad to have an incredibly good quality DVD set of it! It's just a shame that Season 3 hasn't been picked up on the television, but I'm still holding out hope for a Region 2 edition of the third season! I'm not going to spoil anything for readers that haven't watched this series, but there are a lot of twists and turns. You never know where things are going to turn next!
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 13 June 2016
So good! Season 2 is just as good as Season 1. I admire the story-writers so much for coming up with such a clever plot that utilizes and old fairytales so well and combines them all together so seamlessly.

The intricacies of how everything is interconnected and well-planned reminds me a little of Harry Potter where in Book 1 she already knew what would happen in Book 7. I feel like here they knew in episode 1 season 1 what would happen in season 2.

Pure storytelling genius.
on 17 January 2015
I loved the first season of this so I just had to buy the second season, and it was not a disappointment. New characters are introduced like captain hook and you begin to love them straight away. Yet again the acting is brilliant, and there are even more twists in the plot in this season. I would certainly recommend this to anyone who has seen season one, and if you haven't yet seen season one then you should get that first. It is unique and definitely worth a watch.