Style Name: High Definition - UK Plug|Change

on 23 December 2012
Not a bad device but the sound is somewhat less quality it is very easy to link with your phone or ipod but it does have to be plugged into the mains so I will be changing it to buy a device that plugs into the usb socket of my HiFi
on 9 February 2013
An excellent solution to stream music from any bluetooth device to a hifi with aux input.

I have used my mobile phone, tablet pc and laptop with this device and it works with all of them.

Only down side is the range could be better.
on 15 September 2011
There are some way more expensive Bluetooth receivers out there but this one works very well. My phone connects in a couple of seconds and then I have my music collection in my hand like a portable juke box (32gb). The sound quality is good but if you have good hi-fi kit you will notice it's not great. If using with a smart phone or tablet I would recommend a charging dock so you can look at the album art whilst playing, nice touch.
on 17 November 2011
I recently purchased a Belkin Bluetooth Music Receiver.It has turned my Pure Tempus bedside radio with my HTC Wildfire S into an Internet radio .I go to sleep each night listening to Jazz Radio.com.as an App.With the inherent restrictions of Bluetooth combined with MP3 the sound quality is very good and it was very easy to set up.All in all an excellent product and at a wonderful price from Amazon,
on 18 December 2011
This was half the price of the Apple store. Although it came minus the box but in brand new condition with manual etc..
Can cut out at times but otherwise good quality sound & a good option to devoted Bluetooth speakers if you already have a good set or hi-fi.
on 16 December 2014
I've had this for a few years now. It gets a star for working easily and another for being reliable. Otherwise I am sad to say that I consider it my last resort, which is pretty damning considering how convenient it is to use. Any audio I send to the Belkin sounds as though it has been recorded underwater. The sound loses detail, speech becomes incoherent and music is compressed into a thin warbly shadow of what it ought to be.

I hook it up to my phone, tablet and laptop via a half decent pioneer hi-fi with pretty good quality wharfedale speakers. The difference between this and a CD or any of those devices plugged into the Aux port is night and day. So I know it is this which is the weak link.

I am aware that I am pretty demanding of my audio and video devices. I can pick holes easily, but I know it is possible to find equipment which performs well at any price point. Even though this was a bargain, it was a big disappointment. If you are thinking of using it to listen to music, look elsewhere. If you just want something to make a bit more noise and you don't care much about audio quality, compression and weird artifacts, it's OK.
on 17 November 2012
The product is quite small and shows a blue light when a Bluetooth connection is made.

I've used the receiver with a HTC Wildfire phone and a ten year old music system with no problems. The first connection was easy to make and subsequent connections have been easy.

The volume on the phone does have to be turned up quite high (as previous reviewers have said), but that's not a problem as the speaker volume can be controlled by the remote control on the music system.

I've not really tried the Bluetooth range out, but it works fine in my larger than average room.

A great product that gives new life to an old music system and at the price it's a bargain. I don't think you'll be disappointed if you buy one.
on 26 January 2011
pros:
- took about 10 seconds from out of the box to get it working.
- reasonable range 15ft is about right. worked through one wall.
- works with iphone 4 although not mentioned. having wireless is really nice with your iphone, ipod.
- reasonable sound quality, better than those fm transmitters you can buy.

cons:
- as before reasonable sound quality but not amazing. For most people this will be absolutely fine, but if you are looking for perfection on your expensive sound system then you won't get it with this device, unfortuately im a bit of an audiophile and i was a little disappointed.
- if you go out of range (little bit more than 15ft) then you have to comepletely reconnect, which is a case of going to your ipod/iphone settings and choosing to connect to the belkin device. which is quite frustrating because i assumed it would reconnect when you walked back into range.

overall 6/10
on 3 November 2011
Works great after some disassembly

Without the disassembly.... I got a 2 meter range. Even then, if people moved in the room it could drop a beat or two...... Also the sound quality was poor

I knew this before buying it but had read this article on amazon.com
[...]ASIN=B0047T79VS&nodeID=172630&tag=&linkCode=#wasThisHelpful

When it arrived it looked like it was never going to come apart. And the top looked like it had a screw that could not be undone. I began to worry I had a different model from the americans.

However, the device was so bad I decided to try and pop the pieces apart (even though they could be screwed together and it might result in destroying it). I wedged a miniscual flat screw driver between the two bits of plastic near the ports. I thought it was going to snap. But it just popped apart slightly. I carefully used the screwdriver to pry the pieces apart. Then it was a simple case of removing a piece of metal from inside and popping it back together.

Here is youtube video of the process after the plastic has been popped
[...]

It now sounds better and works across rooms.
on 13 December 2012
Worked well for about 8 months before it started crackling. (may have been due to it being used in the car (regular power loss when starting))
One feature it lacked was an Auto connect feature on the bluetooth, I had to manually connect each time to the device.
Would definitely have another one.