5.0 out of 5 stars Operation
Old type game but my 7year old grandson and his younger brother were over joyed and play for hours with it
Published 3 months ago by paul nolan

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for over 5's!
I bought this thinking that it was the game I used to play when I was a child. NO IT'S NOT! The holes are big and the pieces are all easy. My 9 year old was bored 5 mins later but my 4 year old could get all the parts out without it buzzing. I would say that it would be good for a 2/3 year old to develop manual dexterity. I will pass it on to my 2 year old niece.
Published 12 months ago by CC

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for over 5's!, 6 Oct 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Bring back the originals !!!!!!!, 5 Jan 2014
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Operation (Toy)
We recently purchased this for a Christmas present for our five year old son. We both have fond memories of playing the game when we were younger. I can remember holding the tweezers and holding my breath as I tried to extract some peculiarly shaped plastic organs from the patient. The slightest quiver of the hand and you would both light up the patient's nose and sound the dreaded buzzer which would then haunt you for the next thirty six years. Sadly there have been a few changes. Remember the elastic band that you could never remove from the leg ? Well that's gone. Gone too is any requirement of skill or indeed of luck. The game has been made ridiculously easy. When my son completed the game in under three minutes on his first go I assumed the batteries were dud but no such luck. It is almost impossible to sound the buzzer as the holes are much larger and the objects far easier to pick up. On the rare occasion that you do trigger the buzzer (lights off, hold tweezers with your toes) then you won't hear it if more than two people are talking quietly in the background. Unfortunately we have found this game a complete waste of money. I would recommend it only for children under four and unless I can convert ours into some kind of drinking game we will be donating it to our three year old niece. If like me you are clinging on to memories of the past do not click purchase or you will be left disappointed. And don't get me started on Buckaroo......

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 4 Jan 2014
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Operation (Toy)
Present for 6-year-old, which I really wanted to play too as I had it as a child. So disappointed though. The holes are too big, which makes it far too easy to get the bits out. Even my 3-year-old could manage it. Game was over in minutes.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the same game as I played as a child!, 29 April 2014
This review is from: Operation (Toy)
This is not the same game as the one I played as a child! The game has been made so very easy by the widening of all the cavities. My 8 year old daughter and I played once, found it boring as there is no jeopardy, and it has been boxed up in the corner since. What a let down !

3.0 out of 5 stars Not how i remembered this game as a child....., 15 April 2014
This review is from: Operation (Toy)
Not how i remembered this game as a child..... the body parts are plastic and very small. Not played with very much unfort

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing - way too easy, 27 Dec 2013
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Operation (Toy)
This was a Christmas present to my 8-year old daughter - we spent all of 5 minutes playing with it because it has been made far too easy. The holes are much bigger than in the game I remember playing at her age so there is no challenge to getting the pieces out. I would not recommend it for anyone over 5.

1.0 out of 5 stars Operation, 23 Jun 2014
This review is from: Operation (Toy)
It looks cheap and poorly put together I would not waste my money £13 for something I could have made myself.

2.0 out of 5 stars They don't make 'em like they used to, 9 Jun 2014
This review is from: Operation (Toy)
This was bought for use at an exhibition hall - it was so easy we had to time people. The quickest one was under 11 seconds. Says it all really. Also the 'buzz' was very quiet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Operation, 4 Jun 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars Why did they ruin a good game, 12 May 2014
This review is from: Operation (Toy)
I brought this for my five year old thinking it would be the same as the Operation i used to play

They have changed it for the worse. The body parts are and all the holes are now the same size and shape making the game way to easy

I can complete the whole thing in seconds and my five year old can do it in about 30 seconds

What a pointless game... there is no challenge.. bring back the old game

Operation