Format: DVD|Change

on 29 July 2014
Spotted this Blu-ray while in France and thought it would be a good souvenir. I thought some of Ferry's recent efforts had been a bit drab (although I hadn't heard Olympia) so I was expecting it to be only reasonably good. However, I was really impressed by the show. It covers just about all of the Roxy/Ferry era and the songs are really well done. Oliver Thompson's guitar work really sets it off. Visually very good too. Would highly recommend it even to non Roxy fans.
on 10 October 2013
so far the roxy/ferry fan had nothing to watch and enjoy on blu ray. well this waiting has ended and has been rewarded with a must have blu ray.
just everything is 5 star with this realese : picture, audio and to top it , the concert. a marvellous mix of roxy classics, covers and solo songs.

this is a blu ray to watch over and over again
on 6 October 2013
Excellent production. I'am fan of Bryan Ferry and Roxy Music for years.
Elegant of modern rock is in great shape, all musicians and girls as well. Such a good performance
on stage in Lyon. I recommend this show for every one & not only for fans of B.F. Hi is like Old wine in new bottle. La class!
Mariusz.
on 9 October 2013
Great concert, well recorded and the video isn't trying to be over clever but helps you feel that you are really there. It's not a one man band but an ensemble of great musicians who all contribute to a quality DVD. Also, the set list is a mix of songs from the Roxy years to his latest (at the time of this concert) Olympia album.
If you can, watch it all the way through in one session as the dynamics of the concert build perfectly.
on 22 December 2015
As someone who quite likes BF but is not familiar with everything he has produced, I bought this DVD so that I have a bit of variety in my viewing pleasure. I was not disappointed, the band is tight, the backup singers are enjoying themselves and BF himself can still knock out a good tune. My only complaint is that there was not much chat in between each song, which to me would have involved the audience and viewer a bit more. If you like BF the DVD is worth the money.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 February 2014
excellent dvd. every one should have this, I have watched it over and over again, I don't think I will ever tire of this
on 17 February 2015
A totally amazing album. I saw the Roxy Music at the O2 in 2011 but decided against the Bryan Ferry tour that followed. What a mistake. Then again could any of the dates in the UK have surpassed the Lyon concert. A great line up, a great audience and a great venue ( shame about the weather). All that and a perfect recording. Outstanding performances from Oliver Thompson and Jorja Chalmers.
on 29 December 2013
This video, and audio, recording has everything. The excellent Mr Bryan Ferry, CBE, in top shape, an excellent orchestra, a unique venue, and all great songs both new and old, original and covers.

As I said, it won't be better than this. Highly recommended!

Lennart Wennberg
Sweden
on 5 August 2015
One of my very all time favourite artists. Well produced DVD with a excellent collection of songs new and old. Bryan Ferry sounded as if he had a cold at the concert but otherwise at his brilliant best. As is the added documentary of the making of Olympia album. An interesting insight.
on 11 August 2014