5.0 out of 5 stars I Heart New York!
Published on 9 Jun. 2010 by Chloe S "Chick Lit Chloe"

3.0 out of 5 stars Romantic holiday reading
This is good "holiday reading". You don't have to think too much, although there are really too many coincidences.
Also gives you a good idea of New York if you have visited or not. Recommended for middle-aged, elderly
women - not a man's book.
Published 18 months ago by E A TILLARD

5.0 out of 5 stars I Heart New York!, 9 Jun. 2010
Chloe S "Chick Lit Chloe" (Berkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
The book begins with the two main characters of the book, Rachel and Nicky, arriving in New York and immediately I found it was bringing back some great memories of my 2 holidays to New York. Michelle has really captured the essence of New York with her book, you can imagine the places in your mind and you can tell Michelle has been there and experienced New York because of the way she writes and brings it to life. I loved the way we experience the city through the eyes of Rachel and Nicky who are both excited to be there and seeing things with the eyes of tourists, just how we would want to read it and you can warm to these two ladies straight away.

Both characters are normal women, and this always helps me to get involved with a character's story and care about what happens to them. You can tell that Rachel has a secret from early on in the book, but it took a while for me to realise exactly what it is. It's not made an enormous issue until the last part of the book, and I credit Jackson for writing these scenes so well and with real empathy because it can't have been an easy topic to write about yet it is done extremely well. I really liked Rachel, and enjoyed her journey through despite what she was doing, and especially by the end I was really hoping it would all work out for her.

I found Nicky's storyline a bit more predictable because it all went exactly as I suspected, but it didn't stop me from enjoying the book at all. Nicky is a single mum and determined to shop until she drops in New York but doesn't expect to make friends with a billionaire, and meet Eve again after their friendship being destroyed in college. I liked the twist involving Nicky and Eve because it enabled me as a reader to picture them as a group, and I liked the way Jackson created a history for them. Nicky was another great character, but the one I didn't warm to was Eve. She seemed a little cold and snooty for her own good, and she wasn't as likeable as Rachel or Nicky, but then I think she was meant to symbolise the change from her and the other two women.

The way the story moves was fantastic and the pace was just right. It moved through the time in New York at a good pace, showcasing the fun that the women had in the day and the night, showing a lot of the main landmarks of New York as well as some unknown ones too, having time to go into private scenes with the women to develop their own storylines, yet there was still time towards the end to return home to Ireland which was the perfect conclusion to the book. I liked the way that although these characters experienced the holiday together, they all had completely different holidays and therefore their own stories, and these were perfectly balanced by Michelle Jackson. It was so easy to follow which story I was reading about, and the writing style is so easy to read I simply whizzed through this book. It was a joy to read, particularly as I've been to New York and could imagine the places in my mind, but Jackson's vivid writing will bring it to life if you've never been. Great character, fatastic writing and an amazing setting - what more could you want? Simply fantastic, and extremely readable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down., 20 Nov. 2013
Snorski (United kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Three Nights in New York: Irish Fiction (Kindle Edition)
Really enjoyed this book, all the different characters lives moving on. Also it brought back wonderful me,ories of New York. A brilliant read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!, 1 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Three Nights in New York: Irish Fiction (Kindle Edition)
This was the first book of Michelle's that I read ....and loved it so much that I went to travel agent when I finished it to book a few days in NY! It's a great story, with a couple of twists ...but Michelle's excellent writing brings each page alive, hence you wish you were there. It's a must read, especially for those who enjoy time with their girl pals.

4.0 out of 5 stars magnificent., 1 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Three Nights in New York: Irish Fiction (Kindle Edition)
I have never been to New York but this story inspires me to go and see some of the places off the main tourist route. Interesting twist in the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely read, 2 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Three Nights in New York: Irish Fiction (Kindle Edition)
This book was such a happy feel good story. Kept you wanting to keep reading to find out if the characters were going to have there happy ending.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 24 May 2009
I just finished reading Three Nights in New York and yes, I have to do it, I have to compare the characters and happenings in this book with the much-loved Sex and the City characters and happenings.

The story of 3 women who decide to take New York "by storm".
Nicki, Eve and Rachel find themselves in one of the most beautiful cities in the world - a city that offers you whatever your heart wishes for? or does it??? Are Nicki, Eve and Rachel running from something or running towards something? Each lady will get to find out the answer to this question in this touching and yet, fun and thrilling read.

Three Nights in New York is the wonderful story of three women who spend some time in a magical city and, hopefully, will be "touched" by some of the magic that the city seems to have.

While this book is about spending time in New York and about love and about clothes and about the love people have for New York, it is, more importantly, about three women who are looking for themselves, looking for their path and hoping that the city of wonder can help them find it.

Yet, between all this, there are some wonderfully fun and enchanting trips to beautiful stores and great love stories.

Reading this book made me want to re-visit New York in a BIG WAY.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous holiday read, 30 Sept. 2011
A great story with some surprising twists and turns, I read it on holiday in and couldn't put it down! I then passed it to a friend who also read it in record time!!

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 21 July 2010
great book.....just as good as her 1st!!! highly recomended!!!!!!! great to find a new author who writes fab stories!!!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Three Nights in New York., 27 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Three Nights in New York: Irish Fiction (Kindle Edition)
Enjoyed the book very much, the author is very clever in her writing, always keeping you guessing until the end.

4.0 out of 5 stars I have just returned from New York, 10 May 2014
This review is from: Three Nights in New York: Irish Fiction (Kindle Edition)
I chose this book because I have just returned from New York and love the city. I enjoyed the book it's an easy read, definitely worth buying or renting.

Three Nights in New York: Irish Fiction